“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lionacleit Self Catering

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benbecula Island
Lionacleit Self Catering
You added Lionacleit Self Catering to your Saves list
27 Lionacleit, HS7 5PY, Scotland   |
Perth, United Kingdom
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

What a lovely place. Immaculately clean. Fresh and brilliantly laid out. Had b&b, food was lovely and plenty of it! The owners are wonderful. In fact the Islanders in general were some of the friendliness most accommodating people I have ever met. Thank you so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2012

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Highlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here June 2012. Very comfy bed, good size room, best hospitality tray ever! included a bag of kettle crisps and a yummy wrapped biscuit bar as well as fresh milk. Makes a change from the processed wrapped offerings. Free wifi. smallish shower cubicle but plenty hot water. They have some self catering units and 3 letting rooms. The 3 rooms are external to the main house where the breakfast room is. Although they are only a few metres outside I would imagine it would be a pain when it is cold and wet. This means the rooms have external front doors, a small hall with a bedroom and bathroom off it. I found there was a draught came under the external door into the 2 rooms which is bareable in summer but I would be wary of staying here when it was colder. The breakfast was delish. Haven't been offered strawberries for breakfast since staying at a 5* in San Francisco. Bill and Sadie were excellent hosts even going to the trouble of introducing other guests seated at breakfast to help break the ice.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Taynuilt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

When I am working in the Uist's, Benbecula and Berneray, this is my place to stay, Bill and Sadie look after me very well, great central location, really good rooms and facilities, a first class breakfast, and of course a great welcome, I just about don't come out to the Uist's if I can't get booked in here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Clean and tidy. Excellent breakfast. Friendly and helpful owners.
We were booked for just two days but they had no problem extending our stay at short notice. Also we were allowed to use the room on the last day well into the afternoon as we were getting the late ferry. They provided us with extra towels for the dogs when the rain wouldn't stop!
The room was in a separate annex so we could come and go as we pleased at all hours without disturbing anyone.
Fresh milk and nibbles provided in the room every day.
They also had a nice cat (who was getting on a bit but we hope she is still there).

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Kirkby in Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Second visit and is just as friendly, clean and good value as the first time. Nothing is too much trouble for Bill & Sarah. Love the eggs too - taking dome home with us. We will certainly be back for more.

• Stayed August 2011
Stirling, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Our ferry from Skye dictated an overnight stop on Benbecula, and the Lionacleit Guest house was an excellent choice. We arrived early evening windswept and tired, after a frustrating 3 hour cycle against wind and intermittent rain. We had a warm and friendly welcome from our hosts, and nothing was too much trouble at all. It was to our detriment that we did not take up Bill's offer of transport to the most distant Inn for our meal, but thanks for the offer! Breakfast was a real treat, and the eggs were seriously yellow! Take a bow breakfast cook! Our stay was warm, comfortable and informative. There is not a single thing I did not like about this Guest house.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I booked for 4 nights as part of my solo travel to the Uists and Benbecula before moving onto Eriskay and Barra. Very helpful owners who loaned me a book on walks in the area created by their son. I spent my birthday July 24th in my room as the weather was foul. I completed knitting two sweaters usually for chidlren in Nepal but donated them to Sarah for her church efforts. I could have asked for anything during the day but as I travelled with a car it was possible to make a snack and plenty of drinks. Good to have the wide flat screen TV for this part of the trip ( 30 day odessey). Highly recommend the self catering units as well as the courtyard rooms.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Been to Lionacleit Self Catering? Share your experiences!