“Reservation screw up - NOT a satisfied customer!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Bridgewater

You added Comfort Inn Bridgewater to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Bridgewater
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 North Street, Bridgewater, Nova Scotia B4V 2V7, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bridgewater
New Brunswick
“Reservation screw up - NOT a satisfied customer!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

While traveling on our motorcycle, I called the day before arriving at the Comfort Inn in Bridgewater N.S., and specifically asked if any 'drive-up' rooms available on the 1st floor. I was reserving a room for our friends as well who did not have a room preference. I was told that there was only 1 'drive-up' room left and it was $20 more than the room on the 2nd floor that our friends took. I agreed to the higher price as my spouse and I were on the motorcycle and had a lot of gear on our bike and inside our bike trailer and prefer a 'drive-up' in order to have easier access to our things (and for packing and unpacking the bike - usually a little time consuming to pack efficiently). I would have reserved a different hotel if they had told me there was no 'drive-up' available.

When we arrived the next afternoon around 4 pm, the girl checking us in was very friendly and nice, and stated she had been the one who had taken my reservation over the phone the day before. We went to our room and discovered it was on the first floor but not a drive-up. When we returned to the desk, we informed her of this, and she apologized saying she was new and did not actually know which rooms were drive-up so had made a mistake. She then told us that there was only one smoking room drive-up available. We even went to check to see if we could manage the smell, but it was too strong. (I'm still wondering why drive-up rooms would be designated as 'smoking' if the smokers could easily just go outside the room to smoke? Seems to make more sense to me to have rooms with NO outside access as smoking rooms- if any at all!).

I then went outside to phone other nearby hotels to see if they had any vacancies while my husband went back in to ask if we could take one of the drive-up rooms of clients who had NOT YET ARRIVED (the parking spots were more than half empty, and we were told that not all had checked in yet). My husband asked for the manager when the girl said she could not change someone else's room (another customer might not have cared as much as we did, AND we were there earlier, AND she said it was her mistake!).

The manager was quite abrupt with my husband, stating flat out that there was no chance we could have one of the empty drive up rooms that were reserved. At that point my husband then asked that we at least get the same rate as our friends on the 2nd floor since the room was not what we had requested - he refused. Instead of the $20 less, he said the only thing he could do was give us a rate as a 'single' occupancy which was $6 less.

After a long day of riding, and then visiting sick family, I was extremely dissatisfied and emotional with how we were treated. It was NOT our mistake, and whether someone else does not think a drive up is all that important - it is VERY important to my husband and I! I love staying at Comfort Inns for that reason alone, and have stayed numerous times at the Truro NS Comfort Inn for that reason. There was NO effort AT ALL to try and address or fix our concerns. The girl at the front desk was very apologetic, continued to say it was because she was new - but the manager was very abrupt, not polite or apologetic, and did NOTHING in my opinion ($6 discount off $129 seriously is not appropriate). If it had not been for the fact that there were actually no rooms left at any of the 5 hotels I called - we would have left with our friends on the spot.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
I would like to thank-you for the taking the time to write this review. As is our practice we value all feedback both positive and negative. Rest assured I have carefully read the detailed account of your experience and sincerely apologize that we could not accommodate your request for a drive-up room. We have enjoyed a great relationship with motorcycle enthusiasts over the years and in 99% of our encounters we have been able to accommodate a drive up preference. Please know that I did review our room availability and with a sold out hotel in this instance I had to deliver the dissappointing news that a drive-up was not available. Truly no one came out the better in this situation. You as the Traveller were not able to secure the accommodation that you expected and we as the Service Provider have to deal with the dissappointment of knowing that a guest left our hotel with a less than positive experience. In closing, should you to allow us the opportunity to make amends and deliver the customer service we are known for, I would welcome the chance to handle your reservation personally in an effort to regain your trust that the Comfort Inn Bridgewater values each and every person that makes the decision to say with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and the room was very spacious and clean. My only complaint is that they only have one ice machine that is located by the front desk. So if you have a room on the second floor you have a very long walk for ice. The breakfast was very good with an excellent choice of items.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. From your comments I see that our staff once again played a key role in making sure your stay was a pleasant one. So nice of you to mention this in your comments!! The location of the ice machine can be a inconvenient if you are staying on the second floor, and I do apologize for that. As we consider ways to improve our guest experience(s), we will certainly keep this feedback in mind. Should your travels find you in our area again, it would be our pleasure to host your stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I have travelled all over the world for 25 years and can't express how impressed I was with this hotel. Shortly after checking in, which was a quick but informative process, I received a call from the front desk to ensure we had everything we needed. I would highly recommend staying here if you get the opportunity.

• Stayed August 2013
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
.....And we would love to have you back again! So very pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Honestly we do what we do because we enjoy it! To read a comment such as your is such a thrill for all of us here. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and your experience with us.
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The welcome was very friendly and the room was clean and spacious. We were never disturbed by sound from other guests, although there were plenty. So we didn't have any complaints. While my partner fell asleep immediately, it took me several hours of tossing and turning. I can't blame the Comfort Inn for that, though. Note that there are not a lot of breakfast tables, so if you come during rushhour you might have to wait or share a table. When we got there, two couples left, so we didn't have a problem. There was only one egg left for the two of us (staff mentioned a sports team who had eaten lots of eggs that morning). If that is the largest issue in a hotel, I'm fine with that. :-)

Room Tip: Second floor is non-smoking. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
On behalf of the staff, thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Bridgewater. Moreover thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our location. I am pleased to know that you felt welcome and comfortable during your stay. Your patience during breakfast is very much appreciated. In closing we hope to see you again, should your plans bring you to our area again.
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

After travelling from Fredericton we arrived in Bridgewater to find out Expedia had cancelled our room and they did not inform us. After the initial shock and hours on the phone with Expedia the ladies on the desk calmed us down and went beyond the normal to help us out and make our stay the best. Comfortable, clean and very friendly staff.....thank you so much for all the help...suggesting great places to eat and for caring about people in stress. I would recommend this place to everyone and would certainly stay there again. Thank You Ladies!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
You are most Welcome! Helping and Hospitality go Hand-in-Hand. As much as we may have helped you through an uneasy time, you made our day(s) brighter by spending time with us while you enjoyed what the South Shore has to offer. We wish you the best on the rest of your summer adventure.
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Standard and appearance is far above what I expected. Freshly painted...professionally, not just a quick cover-up. Rooms were maintained and decorated beyond the simple basics. Manager called shortly after arriving to see if everything was to my expectations. Located within walking to scenic walkways in downtown. What more should anyone expect for the dollar???
Will recommend and stay again when I return to Bridgewater. PS. If you priority is your stomach....stay at a restaurant.

Room Tip: Stay at this motel and any room will work for you...unless you desperately need an elevator to carry...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We are so pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations! It was a pleasure to share your feedback with all of the staff and they are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. For you to take time out of a busy day to let us know that we did a good job means so much. We look forward to welcoming you back, the next time your plans include a stop in Bridgewater.
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Brought a youth baseball team into the hotel for a two night stay. The staff was all very accommodating, rooms were clean, and they even opened the breakfast early so the boys could eat before the game. We will be back. For sure.

The only downside is no pool!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Bridgewater, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Why thank you so much for the complimentary review. You team was a pleasure to host indeed! A perk in the hospitality industry is meeting and spending time with guests like yourself and your team. So happy to know that we will being see you again when you are back this way.

Been to Comfort Inn Bridgewater? Share your experiences!