While traveling on our motorcycle, I called the day before arriving at the Comfort Inn in Bridgewater N.S., and specifically asked if any 'drive-up' rooms available on the 1st floor. I was reserving a room for our friends as well who did not have a room preference. I was told that there was only 1 'drive-up' room left and it was $20 more than the room on the 2nd floor that our friends took. I agreed to the higher price as my spouse and I were on the motorcycle and had a lot of gear on our bike and inside our bike trailer and prefer a 'drive-up' in order to have easier access to our things (and for packing and unpacking the bike - usually a little time consuming to pack efficiently). I would have reserved a different hotel if they had told me there was no 'drive-up' available.
When we arrived the next afternoon around 4 pm, the girl checking us in was very friendly and nice, and stated she had been the one who had taken my reservation over the phone the day before. We went to our room and discovered it was on the first floor but not a drive-up. When we returned to the desk, we informed her of this, and she apologized saying she was new and did not actually know which rooms were drive-up so had made a mistake. She then told us that there was only one smoking room drive-up available. We even went to check to see if we could manage the smell, but it was too strong. (I'm still wondering why drive-up rooms would be designated as 'smoking' if the smokers could easily just go outside the room to smoke? Seems to make more sense to me to have rooms with NO outside access as smoking rooms- if any at all!).
I then went outside to phone other nearby hotels to see if they had any vacancies while my husband went back in to ask if we could take one of the drive-up rooms of clients who had NOT YET ARRIVED (the parking spots were more than half empty, and we were told that not all had checked in yet). My husband asked for the manager when the girl said she could not change someone else's room (another customer might not have cared as much as we did, AND we were there earlier, AND she said it was her mistake!).
The manager was quite abrupt with my husband, stating flat out that there was no chance we could have one of the empty drive up rooms that were reserved. At that point my husband then asked that we at least get the same rate as our friends on the 2nd floor since the room was not what we had requested - he refused. Instead of the $20 less, he said the only thing he could do was give us a rate as a 'single' occupancy which was $6 less.
After a long day of riding, and then visiting sick family, I was extremely dissatisfied and emotional with how we were treated. It was NOT our mistake, and whether someone else does not think a drive up is all that important - it is VERY important to my husband and I! I love staying at Comfort Inns for that reason alone, and have stayed numerous times at the Truro NS Comfort Inn for that reason. There was NO effort AT ALL to try and address or fix our concerns. The girl at the front desk was very apologetic, continued to say it was because she was new - but the manager was very abrupt, not polite or apologetic, and did NOTHING in my opinion ($6 discount off $129 seriously is not appropriate). If it had not been for the fact that there were actually no rooms left at any of the 5 hotels I called - we would have left with our friends on the spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn is the ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers. With our comfortable, tastefully appointed rooms, your stay will be most enjoyable. Our many guests enjoy free continental breakfast and free wireless high speed internet. We offer rooms with drive up access as well as 2nd floor rooms with a wonderful view of Bridgewater. Our guests can enjoy their favorite movie on our flat screen 32" TV's. Some of our rooms also feature refrigerators and microwaves for those midday refreshments or late night snacks. The team at the Comfort Inn Bridgewater welcomes your pets and treats are at the ready. Come on along, our team is waiting to welcome you and welcome you back! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Canada, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Bridgewater reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Bridgewater Hotel Bridgewater
- Bridgewater Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Bridgewater Nova Scotia