“Great hotel for the price!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Miami Sea View Apartments to your Saves list
Miami Sea View Apartments
Kavos Main Road, Kavos 49080, Greece   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Kavos B&B and Inns
“Great hotel for the price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I've just got back from spending a week in kavos with two other friends. Every review moans about the stairs but there not that bad, the worse part is getting you're suitcase up them! Overall there were 78 steps! As soon as me and my friends met kostas and stella they gave us all a free shot of sambuka!! Some of the other reviews say that they get annoyed if you go else where in kavos, but they don't all they do is warn you about the gypies and like to make sure that you're safe! Also some other reviews says things got stolen nothing of ours got stolen but we paid 10 euros for safe just to be sure! The bar and pool area was small but had a really good atmosphere! The locoation of the hotel is really good as its about 5/10 mins to the beach and strip! The worse part about the hotel is that we did not have our bed covers changed and we were not given clean towels! The cleaners did come in every day but all they did was mope the floor and fold your sheet! Overall the hotel was really good for the price of it and I would advice everyone to go on the booze cruise as it was lush!!

• Stayed September 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Thessaloniki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Typical example of Greek basic accomodation in touristy areas. I don't know how they manage it but it's been the same everywhere in Greece since the last thirty years. No TV, basic bathroom with shower (no curtain), cheap wooden furniture, airconditioning at an extra price but clean enough with a friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Staff OK, prices at the bar reasonable and quite safe. I'm convinced that Miami Sea View is oriented towards a solid young clientele who come to Kavos only for the nightlife and the cheap booze so families should better forget paying a visit as they will feel immediately in foreign waters. No complaints, we had a fab time there going out every evening (very close to the strip and the nightlife) and sleeping during the day. If this is exactly what you want from your holiday, Kavos is the place to be and be seen and Miami Sea View Apartments undoubtedly a massive deal.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Just got back from staying at the Sea view with 3 of my friends all aged around 21, the apartments are very clean and have brilliant air conditioning with everything you need for your stay. There are a couple of steps up to the pool area but its worth it! The pool and bar has a lively atmosphere and fantastic view of the island. The staff were pleasant and helpful, we all felt so looked after by Stella, Costa and Jeff they made us feel at home. The bar prices were very reasonable and food was lovely!! it also helped with the free shots and melon party we received, I would recommend this apartment most definitely, its in a great location from the main strip and beautiful beaches with many supermarkets near.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

Me and my fella stayed here aug 2011 for a wknd.
The staff were great and the rooms nice and spacious. Wasnt far from beach etc.
Had a great time apart from millions of mossy bites :

• Stayed August 2011
Gateshead, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Myself and my husband stayed at Miami Sea View for 2 weeks after getting a last min deal. After climbing a lot of stairs (toned your legs after 2 wks) we were greeted by the lovely Stella who showed us to our room and invited us down to the bar for a free greeting drink and we were introduced to the other staff who were very friendly. The pool was clean at all times and around the pool was kept tidy at all times. Our room was very spacious with everything you needed for self catering, air con and safe available at a charge. Our room was cleaned every morning at the same time so we knew when to expect the cleaner, toilet rolls were renewed free of charge which in most places in Greece I have stayed I have had to buy. If you required clean towels and sheets you just needed to ask ther cleaner and she would change them when you wanted. Large variety of food and drink available at the pool with prices a little higher than the supermarket but nothing that you don't expect and don't find anywhere else. Happy hour every evening on cocktails and spirtits with regular free shots thrown in. Ideal location for couples wanting a friendly and lively atmosphere but just far enough from the main street to avoid the noise from the bars/clubs on an evening. Not suitable for anyone with mobility problems as the stairs were steep and many of them but they do keep you fit and it means you only get people staying at Miami around the pool etc. A great place to stay with lovely staff who went that extra mile to make everyone happy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have to admit I looked at the reviews for this hotel after returning from the Miami Sea View and had to smile, nobody is wrong it is exactly how it is, and I think it is wrong for guests to get a fantastic holiday experience depending on how much money you have.
I didn't pay for a safe (there was a safe in the wardrobe) but I always hide my money so to find it he would have had to have had a good rummage so maybe we were lucky? I can't judge him on that.
Olympic don't seem to use the hotel anymore, we actually booked through the Monarch website & the rep was a Cosmos rep they use it as allocation on arrival, our mistake but a serious mis judgement on Cosmos's part if they value repeat custom, the rep was usless she couldn't be bothered, she didn't even bring prices for the trips & directed 3 small children onto the dirty-ist bit of beach in Kavos but this is something I will be bringing up with them not so much a fault with the hotel.
The pool is small cold & no childrens area, there are no umbrellas by the loungers so no shade, I turned mine round to try & get my head in the shade for the hour or so you were able but as soon as I move to get a drink or something they are there moving it back like I've spoiled they perfect line of loungers.
The Children got told off for everything, we were told it will cost us if they break eg the statues by the pool 250E, but they were only playing in the small bit of pool that was shallow enough, eventually he told us to go to the pool down the road which is better for kids, fair enough we wern't spending money at his bar because of the huge mark ups 2.50E for can of soft drinks, ice-creams, crisps, & the worst greek salad I've ever had in Greece. The food is just microwaved and seems to be bought at the Lidl down the road, so actually when we did get to the other hotel it was like our holiday started,we also discovered a much cleaner beach.
I think our mistake was not joining him for 2 for 1 cocktails on the first night but to expect 3 kids to go up there after a night flight is just silly, the music pounds out of the bar from 12 noon to at least midnight, they like it loud but it is also unsuitable for young ears with strong swearing, in fact the first day I had to ask them to change it as my 7 year old picked up on the F word being blasted across the pool.
The rooms we had were pokey, typical greek basic rooms but probably the worst I've ever been in, the sheets were stained as were the towels & I've never stayed anywhere where they wern't even changed once during the week. The maid came in everyday but just to sweep, you don't get more toilet roll but it is self catering, they are quite cheap at the larger supermarkets.
The air conditioning was 6.50 Euro a night also the most expensive I've ever been quoted.
Our room were on the main path up the dreaded steps which were a real pain in the heat, and if we were sat outside having lunch, the manager seemed to think it was ok just to wonder in & have a nose which I don't think he should be doing.
The location was the best thing about the hotel, if you go left you are 2 minutes to the strip & if you go right you get a kid frindly pool, a decent Taverna and a clean calm bit of beach.
If you are there for the nightlife & booze, fair play you will like the location the loud music drink at his bar & they will treat you like life long friends after all the first thing we were told by Costas was "you look after us & we will look after you, you know what I mean"

Room Tip: ask the other guests about the best places to go, their tips were invaluable!