“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   Kavos, Greece   |
Ranked #6 of 46 Specialty Lodging in Kavos
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I have just got back from the Olympion Village 8th July.

Overall it is a very nice place to stay, the rooms were clean, staff were very helpful, and the atmosphere overall was great. Do expect to fork out for a safe and aircon... The air con I definitely reccomend, as it can get muggy and the mosquitos were little buggers!

The food and drink at the pool was reasonably priced and very good. I reccomend the all american burger!

This is the best place to go in Kavos 100%, but do be careful walking down the dark hill at night!

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at Olympian village june17 till the 24th, with 3 other girls. When we got to there we went to reception and there's a man behind it who gives you your key safe key and air con remote remote for 60 euros i think it was, at first he was a bit miserable but as the week went on he was dead nice and offered us all jobs. When we got to our room (230) we just thought it was going to be simple with a double bed and a pull out bed but we went in and it had 2 single beds then an upstairs with 2 more single bed (are room was defo the best there!!) We didn't have the pool front view but you can still here the dj wen your getting ready. The only bad thing about the room was the bathroom was always wet after shower, the shower curtains not good and the fridge door always needs a good push because it didn't shut properly.

Me& one other girl stayed up to get breakfast every time we got in as it stop quite early. The pool shuts at 7pm and opens at 9am. It's cleaned every morning and every night. The staff in the restaurant are so nice, and penny's dead nice as well, people say she shouts but she didn't at all. And the staff behind the bar are nice as well there all really friendly.
And dj dave is so funny, he remembered us all the time we was there and used to shout Manchester girls are here.
The cleaners are really nice they knock on and if there's no answer they let them selves in they ask you if you want it cleaning if you say no they still take rubbish and empty bins, then when your out they change your bed and proper tidy up.

The hotel is at the top of a hill it's not that bad walking down but I don't remember walking up it most mornings. It's not pitch black there's lights but there not perfect but you can see were your walking. it's good that you cant hear the music. watch out for cars and biked coming up because they won't move for you. Mosi are everywhere, you'll have to take bug repellent and after bite.

It didn't really smell, it only smells when your walking past bins and rubbish.
On the strip go in Buzz bar 5 euros for a free bar for an hour on Sundays 2hours, rolling stones the vibes dead good. The pros will just come over to you but see what offers theyv got because some are good, some prs are sexy!! And snobs they played really good music.
The melon is not that nice it's full of bits and didn't taste like a fruity alcoholic drink, they make it in front of you so you know what your pay in for but I honestly don't think it's worth 10€ each for.

Don't bring any one back to the hotel you get a 300€ fine, but if your just gettin something from your room they can wait by the pool while you run to your room.

Out of all the hotels I seen in kavos olypian village Is definitely the best and nicest and the lots of space, so your not all cramped in a little place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Exmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at the Olympion Village Hotel from 7th - 21st June, with two friends. Upon arrival we were greeted by the male reception staff member, who was quite rude to us and he didn't give us any information. However, when we got to our room we were so impressed with it, it was very spacious for the three of us, with two rooms and five beds! we were in room 224. We didn't have a poolside view, but I liked where we were because it was out of the way, so we felt safe with leaving our wet belongings on the balcony. Our fridge didn't shut properly, but this wasn't a major problem as we just put a chair up against it.

The pool area is absolutley beautiful, the pool is very big and the sunbathing area is excellent, as you get sun all day, so you don't have to worry about shade at all. The pool was very clean, it closes at 7pm and it gets cleaned once everybody has left the pool. The bar staff around the pool are so, so lovely! I bought a slush puppy everyday I was there from the day I got there, so the man behind the bar remembered me and always remembered my order without me telling him what I wanted which was really nice! I never got round to asking him his name though! I don't understand why a lot of the reviews from last year complained about Penny, she was lovely and so funny too! The rules are you're not allowed to take your own food and drink to the pool area, and if you did all she would say to you is that you're not allowed to do that, take it back to your room. If you're nice to her she will be nice to you too, she used to walk past me every day giving me a high five and she was good with her banter too!

I cannot forget to mention the DJ, he played his music in the evenings until 1am and he recognised me and my friends every night and used to do a shout out for us whilst we walked past him, he has got to be my favourite member of staff in the whole hotel! Miss him already!

The security guard at night is also very nice, the first time we met him we weren't keen on him, however this was our own fault as we tried to bring people back to our hotel and you're not actually supposed to do that, if you get caught you get fined 300 euros, so we went back out instead, but after that we used to speak to him every night before we went out and he actually warmed to us, just like we warmed to him too. He would always talk to us before we went back to our room before we went to bed - the nights/mornings we actually made it back to our own hotel.

The housekeepers were actually lovely as well! Normally when I go abroad I find the maids very rude, but they were nice here. They'd come in and if you were still asleep they would say you go back to sleep I will come back later to change your beds, I'll just change the bin for now, so that was nice of them to do that!

The hotel is located just off of the strip up a hill - which was a killer, but it is good because you can't hear the music from the strip from the hotel! So really it was in a perfect location!

The strip was amazing! We always went to JC's for our haribo headf***er, deffo need to try this! We also always went to scorrers, where we were recognised every night too, followed by rocky's, they have the most amazing Irish Bar man in there! Future is a great nightclub to go to, to end your night! Maddisons is great for deals and by then you're so drunk you get on the poles, thinking you're an amazing pole dancer! Rolling stones opened on our second week and it's amazing in there, they play indie type music! 42nd street and Buzz are both great places to visit! Along with papagalos and elderweiss! We met some amazing workers in these two places who we became great friends with!

If you're looking to eat out we ate at the Drunken Squid, Sizzlers and Tex Mex - these were all very nice places to go! On our last night we went to a place called Eve's Garden where we go a three course meal, a free drink and free fish bowl for 8 euros. The food wasn't the best we had there but it was still nice - but you can't complain for that price though!!

The beach isn't too far away from the hotel but it isn't a nice beach at all, however we knew that before we went out there so we weren't disappointed at all with that.

We booked our holiday with Thomson and our rep was called Charley, she is so lovely, she always has time to come and speak to you, ask how your holiday is etc, I've never met a rep so lovely before!

I would not reccommend this hotel to families as it is full of 18-30's and Kavos just isn't a place for families to visit, there is nothing going there for families, unless you're into non stop drinking!

The mini market in the hotel is so cheap too, we got 6 huge bottles of water for 1 euro 50! That's cheaper than one bottle of water back home!

You need to visit Nikos! he does the best kebabs in the whole of Kavos, in fact he does the best kebabs that I have ever tried!!

Whilst we were there we did the booze cruise, crazy speed boat - you HAVE to do this, most amazing experience of my life!! we also did the foam party which was amazing too and aqua land! There isn't a part of my holiday in Kavos that I didn't enjoy, apart from saying good bye to everyone! We met SOO many amazing people out there who I will never ever forget!!

So if you're looking for a crazy time away with your friends, a holiday that you will never forget in your whole lifetime then Kavos is the place for you, and Olympion Village is the place to stay, and it is fact that this hotel is actually the best in Kavos!

Room Tip: We had a room on the bottom floor which was really good as sometomes we all came back at different t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I went with 3 young adults with learning disabilities. And was worried before we got there with the reputation kavos has. Once there I changed my mind totally. All the staff at the hotel was very nice. And looked after the you g adults with learning disabilities. Staff knew us by name and jokes with us fr the whole week we was there. We arrived on 24th may and left 1st June at night. Penny behind the bar was very funny. And fantastic. And was always comeing over to see if we needed anything. When we had something to eat at night at the hotel. The staff was very helpful to us. And the hotel had a Greek night which was brilliant. Penny got the 3 young adults with learning disabilities up to dance and take part. I really can not fault this hotel. Oh sorry. Only one complaint. The shower. The shower curtain wasn't long enough so when you have a shower. The floor gets really soaked. But we used the towels and put them on the floor. Also the strip is at the bottom of the road. Bout 2 mins walk. Also I recommend going on Theo's boat BBQ. His son is so god dam sexy. And I deffo fell in love with him. Am gay and I think he k re I liked him. He was flirty n got my heart beating. All staff on Theo's boat wer very helpfull with the young adults we went with. Helping them on and off the boat. Getting them to take part in games and dancing. I nearly cryed wen we had to get off the boat to go home. Mainly because I wanted to spend more time with Theo's son. You really have to go on this boat trip. Theo's son is the really good looking Greek guy. And takes his top off and has a body you just want to touch. You can also grate cheese on his abs. Lush. Am comeing back here in aug. maybe ill find a Greek bf

• Stayed May 2013
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just got back from 12 days here with my boyfriend, we just went on a relaxing holiday, not to party. Reading the reviews before we went, we weren't expecting too much, but right from the minute we arrived we just had the most amazing holiday! The reception staff are a bit grumpy but I think they warmed to us, just keep smiling and be polite to them and they're absolutely fine. The bar staff are great, Nicos is so lovely! I don't know why people complain about Penny so much, we had nothing but niceness from her all week, she couldn't do enough for us. The complex is very clean, the staff pick up any rubbish/glasses etc as soon as they see it and the pool is cleaned every morning. Theres loads of sunbeds, never had a problem getting one. Our room was lovely, we just had a studio but it was big enough for the two of us. The cleaners came everyday without fail to clean the room and they did it thoroughly - we sat on the balcony a couple of days while they did it.

The hotel is up a hill slightly off the strip (only a 2 min walk), which was nice as we didn't hear the music etc from the strip at night when we wanted to go to bed. The first few days were quieter at the hotel but as the party goers started to arrive, the hotel played music at night - shut your balcony door and you can't hear it. We actually really enjoyed having the music on when we were sitting having cocktails and playing pool etc. There are a lot of 18-30s there, but there were quite a few families too. Don't know why people complain about Kavos smelling bad, we didn't smell a thing, we actually thought it was really clean. Every morning, there are cleaners out on the streets cleaning everything and washing down the streets. The beaches aren't the best in Kavos, but walk to the end of the strip and turn right and there's a really nice part of the beach.

REALLY recommend going on 1) crazy speedboat - amazing! 2) Theo's boat BBQ - incredible! Both take you over to the Blue Lagoon over on the coast of mainland Greece, which is paradise. We also went to Aqualand which is worth a visit too. The food at the hotel is nice and really cheap, but eat out a few times too - there's some amazing restaurants in Kavos! We went to Pennys Kitchen every morning for breakfast, the staff are great and the food is even better. Definitely recommend the Drunken Squid too, massive portions and amazing food! The Tex Mex is nice too.

Everyone is so friendly. Looking at coming back again next year to Olympian, had such an incredible time.

Room Tip: We had 201, backed onto the pool and we had a little garden.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed late July till early August 2012 with 8 other lads. Best hotel in the resort, good location as it was a 2 minute walk to the strip. It was clean, 2 poolside bars, large enough pool, music played in the day, friendly staff & clean and spacious rooms.

It is also telling how good the hotel was due to the fact that all the big acts that appeared in the clubs stayed at our hotel during our visit - Charlie Sloth, Modestep and Devlin

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a bottom floor that backs out onto the garden (often 3 bedroom rooms)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in this hotel last September, there was just two of us and we had the best holiday!! The staff were so friendly and kind! we went late season so Kavos was fairly quiet but it meant we had no problems getting a sunbed and we got alot of sunbathing hours in!! The food at the hotel is really good value for money. Outside the hotel there are soooo many nice places to eat! You leave your key with reception which is great as you dont have to worry about loosing it and they always remember you which is nice! would highly recommend this hotel as a base for your holiday!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Olympion Village Hotel Studios & Apartments? Share your experiences!