“Dog food?!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Achill Cliff House Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Achill Cliff House Hotel to your Saves list
Achill Cliff House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Keel | Achill Island, Keel, Achill Island, Ireland   |
Ranked #8 of 12 Keel B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Dog food?!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

WARNING!! DO NOT EAT HERE!! Only after dining at cliff house I read trip adviser and I have to agree with severel reviews that write about the rudeness of the staff you would think they were doing us the favour by giving them our buiness. What happened to Irish hospitality?! It is inabundense everywhere else on this beautiful island! We were a party of adults no children, no excuse! We all agreed have eaten bad food but never as bad as cliff house!
If you are to dine in achill, I would highly recommend calveys which is next door or the Beehive for a lighter menu.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have stayed here many times and each time it is fabulous! It is spotlessly clean, the rooms are spacious, and each room has a deep, lovely tub (bring bubbles). It is right across the street from Keel Beach (beauty spot) and you can sit at breakfast and watch the gulls flying over the sea. By far the best part is the food...I can't say enough about it. The food is fresh, cooked perfectly, and presented beautifully! I really don't want everyone to discover this place because I want to keep it to my self. It is a family run, small hotel, my favorite. The people are welcoming, friendly, and will remember you when you come back.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs in the front have a lovely view of the beach. If you go in the summer and want to...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Castlebar, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had a meal here over the long weekend and it was first rate, just beautiful. The view from the dining room is stunning and the place is spotlessly clean. The staff are wonderful and friendly, I think it is family run. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

As a seasoned visitor to beautiful Achill for many many years my family and I were disappointed with this place,this is more of a guesthouse than an hotel,on arrival we were dealt with in a rushed fashion ,our rooms were very cold,my son complained and the heating was turned on,the rooms were clean but old fashioned,we ate a meal here which was lovely until I discovered lots of bones in my fish,I pointed this out when my plate was collected but it fell on deaf ears,we were told the 'Bar' was closed after the last serving which was early ,surely this is not normal for an hotel,overall we were dealt with an abrupt friendliness,when going to Achill again we will stay like we always have in the past in Self Catering.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wexford, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We booked our room at short notice but even with that taken into account or stay was little more than mediocre. It is a pity because Achill is a beautiful place and deserves to have hotels worthy of such a beauty spot. I would not say our stay was bad but at times felt a left us feeling a little wanting. Our room was very cold on arrival but it was clean and had all of the basic necessities. Breakfast was an experience as the lady serving us seemed to dislike requests! We had some basic requests that didn't seem to go down too well at all! However, the quality of the food itself was good. The hotel was a bit of an in and out job for us, they didn't really seem to have any interest in us as lodgers or customers and didn't seem to interested in having us back so I definitely think they need to work on their customer service and retention policies but you will sleep in a clean room (albeit a cold one) and you will have a nice breakfast!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Duisburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Hello travellers, we came to this wonderfull hotel absolutely by accident. The more we were happy about this surprise. Good and clean rooms, huge for two people. Free Wifi, friendly service and an excellent restaurant we need to recommand. And all this for very fair price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

myself and my friend stayed in the achill cliff house hotel in october.what can i say from the first moment we entered the building we were greeted by really friendly and helpfull staff that really went out of their way to make us feel welcome.the rooms are lovely and really clean as is the whole hotel.the breakfast is of very high quality and lots of it as is the dinner which was also great.i will be highly recommending this great hotel and for the value of money.what can i say they better get used of us because we will be back again and again.

Room Tip: rooms at the front of the building have lovely views of the beach
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Achill Cliff House Hotel? Share your experiences!