“Friendly hotel, could do with more entertainment” 3 of 5 stars

You added Summer Dream Hotel to your Saves list
Summer Dream Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Theologos, Tholos 85106, Greece   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Tholos
“Friendly hotel, could do with more entertainment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

For the price, a great hotel! Lovely area, very friendly and attentive staff always there to help and give advice on places to go etc. As we went all inclusive I was surprised at the lack of entertainment in the evening, however good bars 5 minute walk away. Great for a base camp whilst exploring Rhodes.

• Stayed June 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
blackpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The adage that you get what you pay for is brought to mind here. This is a budget all inclusive hotel which we found endearing. The rooms were clean, comfortable and serviced daily. The pool was lovely, no problems with getting a sunbed even on the day we were told the hotel was fully occupied. The food was a bit hit and miss, breakfast was ok, I must admit I am ok with bread cheese and some ham. Lunch usually chips with a varied choice of meats and fresh salad (the salads were lovely), again ok. Evening meal was the big disappointment but as mentioned before you get what you pay for. So be prepared to go out for dinner. We did and thoroughly enjoyed the local eateries mindful of what we had paid for our holiday. The Holiday was really enjoyable, the saving grace for this hotel was its size, quite small and you got to know all the other guests, even if only to say good morning to. So if you book this place remember what you have paid and don't go with high expectations (I don't mean that in a derogatory way), enjoy as we certainly did.

West Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Just got back from a week at the Summer Dream.
Basically it's cheap and cheerful and you get what you pay for.
What was the highlight of our holiday though was DUNDEES BAR just down from the hotel on the main road.
Nick and Linzi treat me and the wife and kids like family.
Nothing was too much trouble. They told us where to go and what to see in Rhodes and knew what buses to catch and where from. They also helped us get a great deal on a hire car.
The meals at Dundees are to die for. The steaks are the best I've ever had on holiday and you really should treat yourself to their full english breakfasts - we did almost every day and they really hit the spot.
As Summer Dream has no entertainment we went to Dundees almost every night and had a great time at the Karaoke and other themed nights they had on. They have a great selection of drinks for all the family and at prices that we could afford.
It seems odd to be raving about a bar down the road from the hotel we stayed in - particularly as the hotel is all inclusive and we shouldn't have had to ever leave it if we'd wanted to. but for us, holidays are all about the people you meet and the memories you make and if it hadn't been for Nick and Linzi we would have not enjoyed the holiday half as much.
Tell them hi from Mark, Suzanne and the kids when you see them!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

the entertainment is poor they have a karaoke once a week.
The pool bar only has soft drinks and beer and hot drinks no ice lolly's.
The pool bar's food was very poor so was the restaurant's food too.
Room had t.v that was meant to have satellite t.v however the t.v had only 4 channels with bbc world news in English.
Most of the rooms share a air conditioning but it does not cool the room down.
Bedding in rooms never got changed just turned around.
After 10:30 pm you have to pay for your drinks in main bar.
Location of the hotel was poor nothing about in the area.
Altogether i would not recommend the hotel...

Room Tip: You cant pick room's
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

haveing just arrived back from this hotel I can only say that some of theprevious comments are unfair..I found the hotel veryfriendley especially Zoe day recep and Michael nite recp.they were very welcoming and hospitable, the rooms wre basic but clean, beds wre comfortable, and towels were changed regularley, great aircondtioning in all rooms.. as for the food it was very tastey.. good greek food and catered for all ie chips pasta good quality meats and a great selection of salads and veg to go with.. we even had some good fish (bream) and mussles on one nite, food was plentyful and when one tray finished it was replaced straight away.... You will always get people moaning, but if you want chips, burgers and ketchup...go to Mcdonalds or stay at home ... We had a great time the managment were very accomodation and the staff were very relaxed.. I would definateley go back.. but I do need to mention new loungers and brollys are required around the pool just for comfort sake !!!

Room Tip: ask for twin beds if not traveling without spouses as you may get a double bed.. if going with frie...
Hertford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Whilst the staff were very friendly and helpful, for an All Inclusive holiday, this has to be the worst so far. I have always gone All Inclusive to all countries, and have never come across anything like this.
Queueing for drinks like you would do in a supermarket??..I don't think so
Only one person serving behind the bar for drinks....seriously wrong..
Warmed up food...and very sparce it was...and with no food labelling, so were never 100% sure what meat etc we were eating......I am a receptionist...not a food taster/experimentor!!
I like to be sure of what exactly it is I am eating.
To have to spend another few hundred Euros to eat and drink, really was not in our budget, but it was either that or starve...
I find it very hard to complain, as I am a very easy going person, but on this occasion, I had no choice but to express my feeling.

Royston, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nothing positive to say about this place except the room was clean.The pool was covered in scum and flies floating all over it for days, the paint was all chipped. All inclusive??? Drinks limited to 2 per person at any one time until 10.30 pm then you have to pay for them. I asked for a glass of water with ice, it was shoved at me and I was told it is cold enough without ice. The manager stood watching the bar staff at all times as we had to queue in single file to order. As for the food what ever was left over from dinner was served at breakfast. I have never had scrambled eggs with chips in before, nor scrambled eggs with mousaka. Apart from 2 breakfasts and one dinner we ate out all the time for which we had not budgeted for. We also found another pool to spend our days at. Honestly I have never felt compelled to write a review before but just felt I had to

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Summer Dream Hotel? Share your experiences!