“2 weeks walking holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loxides Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sidari
Loxides Apartments
You added Loxides Apartments to your Saves list
Sidari, Sidari, Greece   |
Ranked #17 of 67 Specialty Lodging in Sidari
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“2 weeks walking holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stayed at the Loxides in Sidari for a 14nights holiday. I found the hotel to be basic but very clean and well managed by a Greek chap and his English wife who were both lovely. Our Rep Stephen gave an excellent welcome meeting and informed me of good walking routes around the North of Sidari, very informative. Sidari itself I found to be a bit like Southend on sea, a bit run down and noisey. Weather was beautiful and I would suggest if anyone else goes here, to try sunset beach and cape drastis. Canal Da Armour is just a rock dotted in the ocean, which is said to make you find love if you swim around it, good luck with that one. Transfer to Sidari was 2hours, which seemed to take forever, take a taxi, its quicker or get the green bus. Good for couples and single people.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Having booked a weeks holiday in Sidari for less than £500 for 2 of us, and reading some of the reviews Ive read, I was a little sceptical. However, I shouldnt have been - the holiday was fantastic. The apartments are very basic but very clean with clean towels and bedding every couple of days. The people that run the hotel were very pleasant and helpful too.

Most of the bad reviews Ive read were people moaning about wasps, mosquitos and the smelly canal that runs past the hotel. Yes theyre all noticeable, but nowhere near bad enough to ruin your holiday.

Its probably not the best hotel if your one of those that likes to stay at the hotel all day and night as it was very quiet round the pool and in the hotel bar, but to be honest I dont know why anyone would want to - Sidari is a wonderful place to visit with some stunning scenery. The beaches are fantastic - particularly the canal d'amour; there are plenty of bars and some lovely restaurants overlooking the beach which are very reasonably priced. A 3 course meal for both of us with a bottle of wine was never more than 40 euros.

Its not the sort of place I'd go with friends - It did seem to be full of people a lot older than us, but with my girlfriend it was the ideal resort. We also went on a romantic evening cruise one night which was a lovely evening.

The weather was fantastic all week - 30 degrees and sunny everyday with no rain at all, which we were delighted about as it was mid September.

The only gripe we would have was getting there and back. Our flight was delayed by 9 hours getting there, followed by a 2 hour transfer in the middle of the night which seemed to be dropping people here there and everywhere in corfu. Then on the way back, a mix up with the flight tickets they had provided with us meant we were last to check in and couldnt sit together.

However, we wont let this detract from what was a fantastic holiday and we cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Slough,Berks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Arrived back from Sidari last week and this was our 3rd stay at the Loxides apts.We had a lovely time as usual and found no fault with the apartments.We had booked 2 rooms,a 1 bedroom apt for myself,hubby and 4 yr old,the other a studio for 2 which was for my 71 yr old mum and 15 yr old son.Was a slight mix up on arrival (5am in morn!!!! after a 2 1/2 hr transfer from airport) which wasn't Loxides fault,but Olympic.The studio was only made up for 1 person (my mum who on their records was 99!!!I never even put mums age down when I booked on the net) and my room was made up for 4,so we just put our spare set of bedding in the other room and problem sorted.Rooms were spacious,especially ours with a massive balcony which had clothes drier and even the studio was quite large,but with a smaller balcony.Enough kitchen utensils to cook with,but we ate out all the time.My eldest though would have soup,beans n sausage etc.Apts were kept very clean with cleaners coming in 3/4 times a week and towels/sheets changed regularly too.Grounds were kept really clean and tidy and pool cleaned every day.Loads of sunbeds available,pool/snack bar also which was often fairly quiet which I liked.There's a small childrens playground with slide,swings etc and also a football pitch which was used often.Apts are in a great location,across the road from beach,5 mins to Canal d'mour and about 10 mins to main strip in Sidari.Really central for everything.They are also just down the road from Vlaseros travel shop where we booked trips,car and put all our money/documents etc in safety deposit boxes free of charge.Also when you come out of apts,dead opp is a new bar called Starlight that had sunbeds right on beach which you could use for free (obvs buy drink/snack first though).Yannis and Richelle who run the apts were very helpful and always on hand as they live on site.We had abit of a crises at end of hol,and they were brilliant and helped us out.
The beds are very hard,but got used to them in end and I did get bitten by mozzies but not as bad as other years.The showers actually have curtains,but they don't really make alot of difference as water still flows out on floor (as it does in most apts I've stayed in Corfu).We may go independantly next yr to Corfu,and Loxides only take bookings throu Olympic,so will prob stay elsewhere,but will go and say hi if we're nearby.We had a lovely hol and Sidari still great place to visit and I would certainly recommend the Loxides apts to anyone without a doubt.......Central,clean,nice apts,friendly staff,pool,bar what more could you want!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We've just come back from spending one week in sunny Corfu, staying at Loxides.
I can honestly say that prior to going on holiday I was worried about being bitten by mosquitoes and being overcome with rancid smells after reading the reviews beforehand!
Although I doused myself in mosquito repellent every night my partner didn't , neither of us got bitten once.
As for bad smells, we got the occasional bad whiff(!) when we walked across the bridge heading into the canal d'amour area, but that's it, nowhere else, so I wouldn't even factor that as a bad point.
The apartments were clean, although not spotless, but I'm quite obsessive about cleaning anyway! The kitchen was extremely well equipped, they even have a kettle, a first for me in self catering in Greece! The grounds of the apartments are exceptionally maintained, all credit to the grounds staff. The swimming pool very clean, enough sun beds, although we spent most of our time at the beach. Pool bar had a decent menu and was quite resonable, although not always open as early as it says, however, there is only one guy that runs it, so I don't blame him for wanting a lie in occasionally!
The area was really nice, lots of places to go to, I particularly recommend the escape bar in the canal d'amour, cheap drinks, pool table, friendly bar owner and the lovely ashley!
If you want to spend time on the beach I would recommend you walk a little further up in the canal d'amour area, about 1km up from the main beach is a cleaner nicer beach where you can cover yourself in clay and bask in the sun!, it's only been a few days since I've been back and I can't for the life of me remember it's name! It begins with 'A' if that helps!
We went on the beach bbq, they took us to the most amazing beach and crystal clear waters. Word of warning though, and I really wish I'd taken notice of previous reviews.....don't book through the rep as it's more than double the price of anywhere else that sells the same trip! We certainly learnt our lesson on that. Go to vlaseros a few doors up.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, the only negative things about it were the beds at the apartments....rock solid! and wafer thin pillows. And also the extremely long coach transfer! But those were the only negatives for us, well apart from having to come back home of course.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Apartments were in a great location. Just over the road from the beach and about a 5-10 minute walk from the main resort. Also about a 5 minute walk from the Canal d'Amour area as well. The apartment was quite spacious and clean. The surrounding areas were nice and the pool was good. There was also a pool bar playing music, but not until late. The only drawback was the mosquitoes - which isn't a reflection on the hotel! Overall a fantastic holiday!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
tamm12
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2010

Loxides apartments were nice, staff friendly and apartments were clean. Beds very hard so if you have bad back don't go here! Holiday reps from olympic were miserable, unorganised and rude! Don't go on excursions with these use an independant company as they are better value for money and more organised! Resturants around basic but lovely, people are very friendly! Beaches nice! Please take plently of mozzie spray as they do have big problems! Enjoy it!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

Went on a family holiday booked via Thomas Cook with Olympic holidays. Read some reviews and went with reservations about what to expect of accomodation. Was pleasantly surprised with size of rooms - booked a separate apmt for the 2 girls aged 16 & 19 and for one for mum and dad. Basic but clean with clean towels 3 x per week and sheets changed once.Kitchenette very basic but improvised and good enough to make breakfast and lunch ( bit like camping) Beds a bit hard Staff really helpful and friendly.Pool good but didnt use the bar . Location great - all within walking distance, bars/restaurants not 5 star but adequate and competitiive. Big supermarkets best on edge of Sidari but got ripped off with Taxi back with all our stuff . Hired a car from rep Laura who was great and we took girls to Kavos for a clubbing night out and Olympic organised a free room for us to stay. Saw most of the Island in 3 days. Pretty and great views if you go off the main roads.Fab chill out holiday for under a grand! great Value I'd say. Tried the quizes in a couple of bars and had a real good family laugh - kept winning free drinks!Main beach in Sidari nice and sandy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Loxides Apartments? Share your experiences!