“brilliant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Loxides Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sidari
Loxides Apartments
You added Loxides Apartments to your Saves list
Sidari, Sidari, Greece   |
Ranked #17 of 67 Specialty Lodging in Sidari
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

just back from sidari after staying at loxides, had a brilliant stay there. Yanni & Demetri are very friendly and helpful. Rooms were really big and clean with great facilities if you wanted to cook. Pool and gardens are kept beautiful. If I had to complain about anything it would be beds too hard but everything else made up for it. Would go back again

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Heckmondwike, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

We have just returned from a week at the Loxides Apts in Sidari and it was one of the best apts we have stayed in in Greece. The rooms are huge,very clean and with all the basic cooking equipment,although we ate out all the time due to the extremely reasonable prices in Sidari.
The location is perfect as you can turn left and are immediately in the quiet and sedate area of Canal D'amour or turn right and be in the midst of the busy Sidari or straight out of the apts onto a beach...........it realyy is that good!.

Yanni and Richelle ( and Darren the handyman) who manage the apts,are extremely helpful and will do whatever they can to accomodate your wishes.

The beds arn't the comfiest I have slept in,but that is a minor detail in the big picture.

I wish you all a great hol...................

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester, Uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We arrived at the accomodation at 6am ish with 10 sets of guests and were under the impression we would be greeted by the owners as many reviews read but we weren't. We were told our welcome meeting would be at 12:30 - after 9 hours travelling we were certainly not going to be making the meeting.

We arrived in our accomodation and found it to be a typical greek room - basic but suitable for a short holiday. There is no safe in the room at all, there are some small ones in the main reception room which is often left unattended, we were told it would cost a euro but also we heard other people telling us they didn't have to pay for theirs - we chose to not use their safes as we didn't feel they were very secure being so far away.
You are provided with one pillow, one sheet and one thin blanket and one extremely hard bed. We've been visiting many part's of Greece for over 7 years now and this was to be our 4th visit to Sidari. We know that Greek accomodation can be basic and not the comfiest of places but this was on a whole different level. 2 of the 3 mattresses were actually orthapedic which caused us a lot of pain, we would often wake up in agony with our shoulders and hips as there is no movement in the mattress at all. (Not down to age either as I'm 20 and I couldn't move my shoulder's many mornings!) The springs were also sticking up out of the beds. We found ourselves fighting for the 1 'ok' mattress each night and even that wasn't amazing.

The bathroom is typical of Greek accomodation,the entire room will become soaked and does become very dangerous so do take extreme care. There was a window right in the shower, so as people walk past they can get a bit of an eyeful of your figure as you shower! We also had no mosquito net over the window so was quite reluctant to open it to let the bathroom de-steam. The 3/4 in length shower curtain had seen better days and was also full of mould at the bottom and around the window . To be honest it was quite pointless as it kept no water in whatsoever due to its length.
You are also provided with one toilet roll when you arrive and then that is it. We've always stayed self catering and have always been provided with a toilet roll each time the cleaner visits, but this is self catering at its root. Their attitude is you are self catering so you should provide everything yourself, we found this to be very bad customer service. We felt that you are provided with what they have to give you, the bog standard minimum.

In the room there are literally the amount of everything that there are guests e.g. if there are 3 guests in the room there will be 3 plates. We found that the accomodation was lacking some basic kitchen equipment e.g no bowls.

There was only one real plug socket in the main room - near the mirror in the room that could be used, we also used the one for the kettle from time to time in addition there was another plug socket but half of it was behind the screwed in head board so that was totally useless.

Due to the way the complex is designed, on your balcony you are pretty much guranteed to be facing somebody else across the way, so there was a bit of lack of privacy on your balcony.

We arrived on the saturday morning and for 7 nights presumed we would get up in the early hours of Saturday morning and depart however the Loxides say that if you arrive in the early hours you will leave the day before at 12 so fort us this was friday at midday. We worked out that we had stayed at the Loxides for a total of 6 nights, not 7 as we had booked and paid for so be careful with this. We never once saw the owners or knew who they were until the 4th day of our holiday when we went to the reception to see if we could extend our room stay, the extended room stay is 25euro until 8pm, which in fairness is cheaper compared to our accomodation in Kos last year where the owner wanted 50 euro to stay until 6pm. Yet we did feel it may be cheap as you are missing out on a night you had already paid for?

We also felt you could never rest with the cleaners. There are no locks on the door, it just automatically locks when you shut it. The cleaners would put their key in, knock and come straight in without warning. We arrived at 6am and yet the cleaners arrived at 11am to clean...WHY? To make the beds we could possibly understand, but to mop and wipe down surfaces was silly. The cleaners came every single day, at varied times so you could never anticipate if you could change or have a sleep without being disturbed. We found this to be very rude as many a time one of us would change in the main room after a shower as the bathroom was so wet...but they would just walk straight in. Due the layout as i mentioned you could see this was done to lots of people, not just us! Sad, but I started to put a chair behind the door as a bit of warning to avoid embarassment, something you should not have to do.

We stayed from the 16th October - 22nd in Sidari and the first few days were a bit up and down with the weather with some of the best thunderstorms we've ever seen, but from the Weds - Fri was gorgeous and were even swimming in the Canal D'amour on the Thurs and Friday!

The pool was the most coldest pool I have ever been in, the outdoor showers which they ask you to use before you swim were flooded and full of dirt so we couldn't use them. It caused us to feel a bit ill, one of us faint and the others an upset stomach! The sun loungers have seen better days and are all tatty.

We never visited the hotel's bar as it was very expensive, two euro for half a pint of Mythos! Go over the bridge and the first bar on your left called Escape...an excellent bar 1.50 for a large pint/bottle of Mythos/Amstal!

We visited the three little pigs on the corner for a meal and found it to be of the same excellent standard it has always been over the years. We visited the Cactus Jacks around the corners and found that to be ok for a first night. We also visited face restaurant 3 times, which has been one of our favourites for years. It cost us 42 euros for 3 drinks, and 3 courses each for the three of us. All excellent authentic Greek cooking. If you turn left and go over the bridge there is Escape bar, a lovely dutch guy who works very hard and will keep the bar open until whenever you want to leave. He was a massive help on our last night when we was kicked out at 8pm and had no pick up until 2am. His prices are very cheap too e.g 4.50euro for 2 large mythos beers and a coke. At Escape turn left and walk for about 5 - 10 mins and you will find yourself at Face restaurant.

If you walk past Face's restaurant, and keep walking for sometime you can walk to Logas 'Sunset' Beach, it takes about 45 mins to walk but it is an amazing walk and you get to see proper Traditional Greece and at the end the most spectacular views. The restaurant was not open but you could walk through it to see the amazing views. Sadly the tide was in so we couldn't go for a swim.

During our 'homeless' period we bumped into a fellow 'homeless' couple who said many similar things to ourselves about the Loxides. The Loxides is in a great location but the interior certainly lets down the exterior.

We don't know when we will next be returning to Sidari, but we do know it will not be to the Loxides.

• Stayed October 2010
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stayed at the Loxides in Sidari for a 14nights holiday. I found the hotel to be basic but very clean and well managed by a Greek chap and his English wife who were both lovely. Our Rep Stephen gave an excellent welcome meeting and informed me of good walking routes around the North of Sidari, very informative. Sidari itself I found to be a bit like Southend on sea, a bit run down and noisey. Weather was beautiful and I would suggest if anyone else goes here, to try sunset beach and cape drastis. Canal Da Armour is just a rock dotted in the ocean, which is said to make you find love if you swim around it, good luck with that one. Transfer to Sidari was 2hours, which seemed to take forever, take a taxi, its quicker or get the green bus. Good for couples and single people.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Having booked a weeks holiday in Sidari for less than £500 for 2 of us, and reading some of the reviews Ive read, I was a little sceptical. However, I shouldnt have been - the holiday was fantastic. The apartments are very basic but very clean with clean towels and bedding every couple of days. The people that run the hotel were very pleasant and helpful too.

Most of the bad reviews Ive read were people moaning about wasps, mosquitos and the smelly canal that runs past the hotel. Yes theyre all noticeable, but nowhere near bad enough to ruin your holiday.

Its probably not the best hotel if your one of those that likes to stay at the hotel all day and night as it was very quiet round the pool and in the hotel bar, but to be honest I dont know why anyone would want to - Sidari is a wonderful place to visit with some stunning scenery. The beaches are fantastic - particularly the canal d'amour; there are plenty of bars and some lovely restaurants overlooking the beach which are very reasonably priced. A 3 course meal for both of us with a bottle of wine was never more than 40 euros.

Its not the sort of place I'd go with friends - It did seem to be full of people a lot older than us, but with my girlfriend it was the ideal resort. We also went on a romantic evening cruise one night which was a lovely evening.

The weather was fantastic all week - 30 degrees and sunny everyday with no rain at all, which we were delighted about as it was mid September.

The only gripe we would have was getting there and back. Our flight was delayed by 9 hours getting there, followed by a 2 hour transfer in the middle of the night which seemed to be dropping people here there and everywhere in corfu. Then on the way back, a mix up with the flight tickets they had provided with us meant we were last to check in and couldnt sit together.

However, we wont let this detract from what was a fantastic holiday and we cant wait to go back again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Slough,Berks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

Arrived back from Sidari last week and this was our 3rd stay at the Loxides apts.We had a lovely time as usual and found no fault with the apartments.We had booked 2 rooms,a 1 bedroom apt for myself,hubby and 4 yr old,the other a studio for 2 which was for my 71 yr old mum and 15 yr old son.Was a slight mix up on arrival (5am in morn!!!! after a 2 1/2 hr transfer from airport) which wasn't Loxides fault,but Olympic.The studio was only made up for 1 person (my mum who on their records was 99!!!I never even put mums age down when I booked on the net) and my room was made up for 4,so we just put our spare set of bedding in the other room and problem sorted.Rooms were spacious,especially ours with a massive balcony which had clothes drier and even the studio was quite large,but with a smaller balcony.Enough kitchen utensils to cook with,but we ate out all the time.My eldest though would have soup,beans n sausage etc.Apts were kept very clean with cleaners coming in 3/4 times a week and towels/sheets changed regularly too.Grounds were kept really clean and tidy and pool cleaned every day.Loads of sunbeds available,pool/snack bar also which was often fairly quiet which I liked.There's a small childrens playground with slide,swings etc and also a football pitch which was used often.Apts are in a great location,across the road from beach,5 mins to Canal d'mour and about 10 mins to main strip in Sidari.Really central for everything.They are also just down the road from Vlaseros travel shop where we booked trips,car and put all our money/documents etc in safety deposit boxes free of charge.Also when you come out of apts,dead opp is a new bar called Starlight that had sunbeds right on beach which you could use for free (obvs buy drink/snack first though).Yannis and Richelle who run the apts were very helpful and always on hand as they live on site.We had abit of a crises at end of hol,and they were brilliant and helped us out.
The beds are very hard,but got used to them in end and I did get bitten by mozzies but not as bad as other years.The showers actually have curtains,but they don't really make alot of difference as water still flows out on floor (as it does in most apts I've stayed in Corfu).We may go independantly next yr to Corfu,and Loxides only take bookings throu Olympic,so will prob stay elsewhere,but will go and say hi if we're nearby.We had a lovely hol and Sidari still great place to visit and I would certainly recommend the Loxides apts to anyone without a doubt.......Central,clean,nice apts,friendly staff,pool,bar what more could you want!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

We've just come back from spending one week in sunny Corfu, staying at Loxides.
I can honestly say that prior to going on holiday I was worried about being bitten by mosquitoes and being overcome with rancid smells after reading the reviews beforehand!
Although I doused myself in mosquito repellent every night my partner didn't , neither of us got bitten once.
As for bad smells, we got the occasional bad whiff(!) when we walked across the bridge heading into the canal d'amour area, but that's it, nowhere else, so I wouldn't even factor that as a bad point.
The apartments were clean, although not spotless, but I'm quite obsessive about cleaning anyway! The kitchen was extremely well equipped, they even have a kettle, a first for me in self catering in Greece! The grounds of the apartments are exceptionally maintained, all credit to the grounds staff. The swimming pool very clean, enough sun beds, although we spent most of our time at the beach. Pool bar had a decent menu and was quite resonable, although not always open as early as it says, however, there is only one guy that runs it, so I don't blame him for wanting a lie in occasionally!
The area was really nice, lots of places to go to, I particularly recommend the escape bar in the canal d'amour, cheap drinks, pool table, friendly bar owner and the lovely ashley!
If you want to spend time on the beach I would recommend you walk a little further up in the canal d'amour area, about 1km up from the main beach is a cleaner nicer beach where you can cover yourself in clay and bask in the sun!, it's only been a few days since I've been back and I can't for the life of me remember it's name! It begins with 'A' if that helps!
We went on the beach bbq, they took us to the most amazing beach and crystal clear waters. Word of warning though, and I really wish I'd taken notice of previous reviews.....don't book through the rep as it's more than double the price of anywhere else that sells the same trip! We certainly learnt our lesson on that. Go to vlaseros a few doors up.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable holiday, the only negative things about it were the beds at the apartments....rock solid! and wafer thin pillows. And also the extremely long coach transfer! But those were the only negatives for us, well apart from having to come back home of course.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Loxides Apartments? Share your experiences!