“Going Back Next Year” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sidari, Canal d'Amour, Sidari 49081, Greece   |
Ranked #34 of 43 Hotels in Sidari
“Going Back Next Year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Just had a week at this Hotel & can't find a fault with anything. The rooms & the Hotel are very clean & the staff leave you alone to get on with your holiday whilst making sure that you have everything you need. The food is ample & we only had one dish that was served twice & that was lamb chops & they were gorgeous. The drinks are self service which i was dubious about to start with but its a brilliant idea, no waiting at the bar & no restrictions on what you can have, as soon as the barrel or bottles were getting low the staff filled them up. The Hotel is in its own little village about 15 minutes walk from Sidari town & 2 minutes from the beach. The village has a few bars & restaraunts or if you want a more lively night then Sidari town is the place to be with tribute bands on in most bars & a night club.. The only downside i would mention is if you've got kids them theres not a lot for them to do. Ours are grown up so it was an ideal holiday for us & we will be going back next year.

• Stayed September 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

just got back from summertime apartments, rooms were basic but clean,staff very nice,food was good. don't listen to a rep called Jason and don't book trips threw him,your get them 10 euros cheaper down the road and make sure you get your voucher for your return coach or your have trouble like we did and nearly didn't get on the coach cause we wasn't at the hotel the day he came to give everyone their voucher..

Halsall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I went with my husband and another couple. I was quite nervous after reading the reviews.
I would class it as a 4* hotel but as a 3*. The rooms were very clean. Food was good and enjoyed having unlimited ice cream. Staff were very helpful as well. Hotel was better then expected and would definitely go back.

Halifax, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Just returned from the Summertime Apartments All Inclusive. Wasn't sure what to think after reading some of the reviews but we went with an open mind and we weren't disappointed. The rooms are basic but that's Greece - they could do with some tlc but they were spotless especially the towels and bed linen as was the whole complex. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Personally I thought the food was very good and plenty of it. It wasn't "cordon bleu" but there again neither was the price. Self service drinks, alcohollic, tea, coffee and soft drinks from 9.30am to 9.30pm then the bar opens until 11pm after that drinks are payable. Also ice cream available for the same 12 hours. Lovely pool and plenty of sunbeds. On the whole cannot fault it.

Room Tip: We were in block C - close enough to facilities but couldn't hear the bar
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I travelled to Summertime Apartments between 15th July and 29th July this year with my 3 children aged 17, 14 and 11, my wife, my disabled brother-in-law and elderly mother-in-law. We arrived at 1040 pm and were shown to our rooms, which were in E Block and C Block. These rooms were spacious and clean.

Unfortunately for me, I managed to fall down the marble steps on the way to the bar (don't run!!). Fortunately for me, the boss of the complex was there and managed to get me sorted with ice, sympathy and a drink. As it was late, and we wanted to eat and look around, we ventured out onto the high street and found a great restaurant a few doors down called the Napoli. They fed us great pizza and sympathized with me about my misfortune.

The next day we went down to breakfast where we found a mixture of continental and full English, coupled with orange juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. The cereal was a bit stale but was replaced when it was brought to the attention of the staff. We mixed the breafasts up a bit and although the Greek bacon is not the same as ours it was still tasty and appetizing. The Greek yoghurt and honey was amazing and you cannot replicate it at the supermarkets here. The staff in the restaurant were very good, particularly Iyota and Christos, and plates and tables were cleared as people finished.

We then thought of going to the pool area but did not think we would get a sun bed. Imagine our surprise when there were ample sun beds to go around at 10.00 am. We opted for a group of 6 sun beds at the far end of the pool. There was no entertainment around the pool, apart from pool, table tennis and music, but we made our own. My kids love the water and we hardly saw our 11 year old on pool days. The music was good some days and mediocre on others. It depended on which staff were on. Street vendors sometimes came like buses, but don't dismiss them out of hand as there are bargains to be had if you engage them in conversation and haggle.

Lunchtime was a particularly pleasant experience, with an abundance of Greek salad,, pasta dishes, potatoes, chips and lots of meat choices, all cooked to perfection by the staff beavering away in the kitchens, in 35 degrees heat. They deserve a special mention , as the unsung heroes of the holiday. They fuelled a family of 7 on trips, cruises and festivals around Corfu. I had a different meal every day simply by mixing the dishes up and being willing to try something new. If burger and chips are your poison then don't go to Greece, full stop. The sweets are quite samey. I only had yoghurt and ice cream all holiday(bliss).

We decided to go to the beach in Canal d' Amour in the afternoon, but all the sun beds were taken. We were advised that if you want a large quantity of beds you had to arrive before 10.30 am. We did this and were duly rewarded with a bed for everyone. The beaches at Canal d'Amour are small, idyllic and at the one almost opposite Summertime there is an island you can swim out to which is made of clay. This one adventure made the holiday for my kids and me.

We also went to the beach on the main Sidari Strip, which charged approx. 25 Euros for 6 sun beds and two parasols. It had plenty to do and there were lots of water sports, which were quite expensive at E20, but they have special discounts on certain days of up to 50%. We took advantage of these and had a couple of goes on the Ringo for E10 each(result).

Evening meals at the complex consisted of similar things to lunchtime, but more of them, and again the kitchen staff excelled themselves by making the meat fall of the bone, especially the lamb. If anyone complains about the food quality then they are bereft of any taste buds and should not be in the country.

Mealtimes and pool time were accompanied by drinks from the self-service bar, situated in between the pool and the restaurant. There was water, cold water, beer, soft drinks, brandy, vodka and ouzo available from 10.00 am to 9.30 p.m. Snacks were also available. I was a little dubious about serve yourself but it seemed to work ok. The plastic beer glasses were bigger than the spirit glasses. Plastic is used so that there are no injuries around the pool. My only complaint would be that holiday makers would see the beer/pop run out but not bring it to the attention of the staff, thereby causing a delay for everyone.

When the self service bar closed at 9.30 pm the service then relocated to the Albatross bar at the front of the complex. This was staffed by a mixture of the waiting-on staff and a guy called Costas who did the Disco and the sporadic karaoke.There is a Greek Night once a week, which is great if you are willing to join in. The dancers are great and try to get everyone involved. I did a fire dance and a very interesting belly dance with my wife(try it!!). This bar closed at 11.00 pm when people could get in extra drinks if required. We chose to go out into the community at these times and meet the locals.

Apart from the Napoli restaurant we met a Greek artist, called Nykos, with a shop opposite the restaurant who painted things onto wood. He did a particularly striking portrait of our dog from an i-pad picture. Visit if you can. For those seeking all things British there is a great pub called The Smugglers Inn. Good service and we came second in the general knowledge quiz. We visited Maria's bar and Escape and also a few of the wonderful Greek Tavernas along the one street that is the Canal d'Amour.

Also on this street was a travel agent where you could book reasonably priced trips to any of the varied attractions on offer in Corfu. We went on a trip to Corfu Town, which was beautiful, a Lazy Day Cruise, which was the best E25 I've spent for a long time, and a trip to a mountain Greek Festival, accompanied by spit roast goat / sheep, local food and villagers dancing 'til the early hours(magical). Couple this with an eventful trip on a pair of quite fast boats that you steer yourself and it made for a really good time had by all.

This was our main holiday and we factored in extra money to get 'out and about'.We found that the local economy of Canal d'Amour had been affected by the phenomenon that is AI, but that if you use your money wisely you can contribute to their livelihoods as well as enjoy the benefits of AI.

Bedding and towels were changed on a regular basis and the maids were pleasant and chatty if you used a greeting in Greek. Be careful, as some Greek words sound the same but have completely different meanings. I called the Receptionist, Maria, a squid instead of saying good morning!!

In conclusion I would like to end with a special mention for the Receptionist, Maria, as she is the heartbeat of the complex. She is Customer Service personified. She sorted out every problem I could confront her with within the day / hour / minute. She does all this with a smile on her face and a genuineness that is so lacking these days. Nothing was a problem.

Note to Costas, the owner. Give Maria a pay rise and do not let her go. You have a diamond.

We will be back to see you in the not too distant future. Take care everyone at Summertime.

Chris, Sue, Carly, Coral, Josh, Margaret and Duncan :-)X

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived on the 19th for 10 days first impression of the place it looked ok. Was shown to our block where our room was by a not very happy looking young woman, once in the room we realised it was 2 single beds pushed together and a tv the balcony was so small we wouldn't have been able to sit out. The bathroom was tiny and the shower curtain hanging with 3 hooks also the shower head didn't hook up so we had to hold it whilst washing which wasn't easy. I went to reception later that day to ask to change room as it really was a box room but was told it was fully booked (I highly doubt that). We persevered and waited in only to use as base for sleeping not sitting out on balcony which I usually like doing at night time.

Food:
On first impression the food station looked quite big nice salad bar and the usual chips and plain pasta, as for the other items I couldn't tell you what they were as there was never any tags on to tell people what they were, we had to guess the meat in the dish!! Every day was the same, cheap cuts of meat in a red wine sauce we hardly ever ate here and spent most of our euros on eating out, after spending a fortune going AI this is not very good!

Drinks:
Self service soft drinks and alcohol till 9.30. There was two juice machines one of which broke on our first day and was still out of order on our last, not really good enough in my opinion when there's loads of kids running about wanting juice constantly, also most of the time the cola consisted of brown coloured water as the syrup mix wasn't topped up! Only tried the vodka and beer was ok but drinking out the smallest plastic cups in the world isn't the best.

Pool Area:
As we arrived too late on day 1 to sunbathe we left this to day 2, the pool looked ok but quite small with the usual having to get up at 5am to put towels out, pathetic!! We never once used this pool instead finding the planet bar next door which you could use for free if you purchased something, we went here everyday it was so peaceful and plenty beds available even if you turned up at 1pm afternoon!! Also Stefan made us feel so welcome, if I wasn't for this place god knows what we would have done!!

Sidari in itself is a lovely place with lovely resturants the best being Aquarius and Konaki avoid The three little pigs as it is a complete rip off!!!

I would return here but go self catering the next time oh and the Mosquitos are the worst in the area because of the smelly bridge area so be prepared for these little pests or they will ruin your holiday!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Crawley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Now where do i start, my wife and I have just returned from the summertime village holiday, and to be honest the place is not what I call 3-4 stars but more like 1 star.
We arrived at 1am and was greeted by a large English guy on reception who gave us our key and took us to our room and showed us how to use the air con and that was it.
The room was not an apartment but a room with a bathroom, two single beds pushed together to look like a double bed which was as hard a nails, a couch opposite the bed, and they have the cheek to say its an apartment.
The food was a joke luke warm, bland except for the salad bar which was always ok but the rest was the same every night so my advice to anyone wanting to eat there DONT!!! eat out its better.
The drinks well nasty soft drinks that don't taste like what it says on the machine, the beer was ok but given very small plastic cups to drink out of and the tea and coffee was horrendous with the milk for it was left in the sun on the bar for a long time.
The only plus about the place was the swimming pool it was clean and the water was warm.
We spent most of our time out cos we hated the place that much and just used it as a place to sleep on our solid mattress's as we were so unhappy there.
Don't get me wrong we loved Sidari as a beach resort as the water was warm, the people really friendly despite being more English and eastern European there but non the less with plenty of restaurants and bars and the greek people very polite and friendly also.
My advice is to look around and DO NOT GO HERE.
I read some reviews about this place and went with an open mind but now wished i went somewhere else and took notice of the other reviews and wonder what people saw in this place that i didn't see any plus's on staying here.
Forgot to mention all other all inclusive resorts gave guests a wrist band to say they were staying there but Summertime Village didn't so anyone could come in and have food and drinks and the staff wouldn't know any different and did as i found out.
I will put photo's up when i have uploaded them to show people how poor i think our room was.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Summertime Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!