“Best holiday ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 44 hotels in Sidari
London, United Kingdom
“Best holiday ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days at the begining of July with my family and friends (18 of us!) for a 50th birthday. When we arrived I think we were all slightly apprehensive from other reviews we had read, but im pleased to say that this was one of my top holidays of all time! the staff were all amazing, Kavlos, not sure if he is the manager was teriffic ! and great on the kareoke! the rooms werent massive (but you wouldnt expect that with such low prices anyway) but they werent to small either (I shared with 2 others and it was fine for us) so much to do in the local area, Smugglers inn was great for breakfast as a cheap alternative from the hotel (food at the hotel was great but a bit samey for 10days) would recommend to anyone, Couples/Family/Friends etc. Cant wait to stay again!

Room Tip: There is one big beach but if you look around the local side streets there are also a lot of smaller...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
March, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

myself and my partner went to sidari 2 years ago self catering for our honeymoon, last year we went all inclusive to majorca which we hated, this year 3/7/2013 we booked summertime appartments all inclusive and took our 2 young children, the hotel staff were really friendly and helpful, when we arrived we were greeted by maria (reception) and shown to our room, we weren't too happy noticing that we would be sharing a room with our children (this was down to the tour operator not the hotel), i went to see maria and she moved us the next morning to a 2 storey appartment and couldnt have be happier :)
every meal was great and the kids loved the "all you can eat" ice cream bar:) the hotel, rooms, and the pool area were cleaned every day by a team of friendly (always smiling) cleaners, was made to feel welcome by everyone, we will as a family be returning to the same hotel again next year,
as a family all inclusive hotel id give it a 10 out of 10.....brilliant holiday resort :) :) :)

Room Tip: book direct we found out that to do this the hotel would have cost us half price !!!! 450 euros inst...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Redhill, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We just got back from spending 2 weeks (June 19 to July 4) at this place and will not be going back again. This was a cheap hotel that Thomas Cook had the cheek to advertise as 4 stars! I think it would struggle to get 2 stars in the real world.

I will start with the positives:

1. The weather (we had glorious sunshine for the entire 2 weeks)

2. The pool was clean

3. The resort and beaches are great

4. The people we met and the friends we made

Now for some of the negatives:

1. our room must have been built in the 1930's and had not been decorated or maintained since - we were in D block (the folks in H block didn't look happy)

2. We had intermittent electricity and the air conditioning didn't work in our room.

3. after complaining to the manager, we were relocated into an equally dilapidated room that had more leaks than a Welsh Choir on St David's day!

4. The brochure states that the hotel is 'perfect for couples and families with a whole lot of activities for children' - that is a lie and very misleading as there was nothing to do for kids unless you went over the road to the rival hotel that had a mini disco every night at 8.30. The kids playground consisted of a wobbly plastic climbing frame and slide, 2 swings, a broken see-saw and a pile of dog poo - needless to say we spent hours of fun somewhere else.

5. All inclusive (ish) you have to pay for drinks after 11pm

6. We couldn't get a sun-bed with shade for our toddler as people seemed to bag them before breakfast and then pitch up and use them after lunch - I mentioned this to reception as they have a sign stating that any towels left for more than half an hour would be removed......the nice lady just smiled at me and nodded knowingly.

7. Karaoke until 3 am was not what we were expecting and the sound system around the pool on full whack was somewhat annoying........there was some woman, with a voice like Vera Duckworth eating sandpaper, who insisted on doing her entire reportage every evening (my particular favourites were 'Don't go breaking my heart and It's raining men') so sleep became an issue.

8. The brochure states that 'The Summertime Village has a full-service restaurant and snack bar, along with a gardern-pool bar and clubhouse, complete with Billiards and nightly movies, ensuring entertainment and fine dining for the whole family' I would prefer to put it a slightly different way - The Summertime Shanty town has very few staff so you have to serve yourself from the soup kitchen. There is bar at the front of the hotel that is only open after 9.30pm and has 2 TV's that only play music video's. There is a rickety old stained pool table with tip-less cues ensuring hours of boredom and the opportunity to watch the people over the road having a great time.

9. The staff were ok but the guy that ran the bar seemed to have had his personality surgically removed - he thought charisma was the 25th of December!

10. The pool bar was self service and there were no wrist bands or other way of telling that you were an inmate so there were people from other hotel's just coming in off the street and helping themselves to the drinks that I HAD PAID FOR. I went and told the lady in reception and she just gave me her familiar all knowing smile.

11. Free wifi internet.......there were about 200 people trying to access a 1 meg connection so it was slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter......unless you happened to be awake at about 3am (which I was thanks to Vera's incessant racket) where I could share the connection with the friendly night porter and it only took 30 mins to download my newspaper.

12 THE FOOD - I have saved the best until last. Starting with the breakfast buffet there were hard fried eggs, cold beans, stale bread (that was a general theme but we found out it was fresh on Tuesdays so assume the weekly delivery is the night before) stale cereal that my wife complained about (she got the knowing smile from the nice lady at reception and nothing changed). Lunch was the same every day with the occasional variance from fish smelling slop to non fish smelling slop as the main course. my first experience of a greek chip was many years ago and they were interesting but the dinner lady at Summertime has absolutely nailed the art of cooking the perfect frozen chip - hat's off to her. The Greek Salad became the daily choice until we decided to go somewhere else. I can't really comment on the dinner choice because, after the first 2 nights of the dinner being the same as lunch, we decided to dine out for the rest of the holiday - there is a little Taverna called Konaki about 200 yards towards the town centre and an excellent Mexican called Cactus Jack about 50 yards over the smelly bridge on the left - I recommend these for when you give up with the ethos that because you've paid for it you have to eat it.......you really don't. If you like dessert then this is not the holiday for you unless you like tinned fruit salad and ice cream every night. The one highlight of this culinary abortion was the toasted ham and cheese sandwiches that you could make for yourself between lunch and dinner - these were much nicer on the Tuesday (see above re stale bread) and a welcome form of sustenance to keep me going after my meagre salad lunches!

In summary, this place is shocking and NOT suitable for families with small children so don't be lured by the free child places. We had a car for the 2 weeks we were there so we could get away whenever we wanted to but some other poor unfortunates didn't and just had to mill around in H block. If you have been there and think this is an unfair summary then you are entitled to your own view but this was our experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
whitby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at Summertime village for 2 weeks 18 June to 3 July.The place is immaculate.Room cleaned everyday (except Sunday) clean towels.Reception very helpful Costa the bar man is brilliant and nothing is too much trouble,he even came in early one day so he could set up the television for me to watch he British Grand Prix.We had 2 teenage lads with us and they went down Sidari strip most nights .There is entertainment and the food is good hot and plentiful ,you would have to be a really fussy eater to not have a slap up meal.The all inclusive drinks are local brands but very good and not watered down.My wife and I have been to many greek islands and would return to them all including this one.If you do get a chance go to Fagins bar to see Lady Jane its a really funny show.

Room Tip: Rooms in B block tend to be quieter and bigger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Welshpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My partner and I have just come back from a week stay at this hotel on A/I base. We got there at 13.30 and were able to check in straight away Maria showed us our room she was very friendly and helpful.The room was a bit small and basic but clean and tidy.The towels and bed sheets were changed most days and the claners were 1st class.The food was very good mainly greek but thats what we want when we go on holiday not british food,not a good choice of sweets but there was 5 flavours of good quality ice cream which are avilable all day and it's self serve so were the drinks.
All the staff are very friendly and helpfull. A big thanks to Ioyota she was a star.So ignore the bad reviews for a budget hotel its a great place for a holiday if you want more pay more.
We also hired a car for a week and there was plenty of safe parking.
MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL AT THE SUMMERTIME

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Rooms were cleaned everyday and beeding towels changed ect...
Food was lovely wide selection of different foods to try drink as much as you like till 10 pm
Away from all the noise of town but not too far away all the staff were welcoming going again next year dont listen to the bad reviews there a load of rubbish

cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just returned from this hotel rooms where clean towels changed every day staff where first class worked very hard to please you and have a good holiday food was very good fresh salads best ever meat dishes very good
When you think I only paid 20 Euros a day for food drinks and room you will not get better unless you pay for five star My brother lives in Corfu and has eaten in a lot of restaurants and he really enjoyed the Greek food in this hotel very good value for the money and I will definitely go back the location was very close to the beach and nightlife Well worth a visit a big thanks to all at the Summertime will be back
the down side were the beds a bit on the small size

Room Tip: block D nice rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Summertime Hotel Apartments? Share your experiences!