“Super friendly” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sidari 49081, Greece   |
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Sidari
“Super friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in June 2013 with my girlfriend, dont expect the ritz and you wont be disapointed. The apartments are excellent value for money they was clean and tidy with everything we needed, the pool is brilliant and the layout is an excellent sun
trap. The food is very good with your English or Greek and there is a local special on every night. Having experienced it ourselves and talking to others who stayed at different hotels and came in to use the pool/bar ect. The main difference is the very friendly atmosphere it certainly makes your holiday that extra bit special. Fotis the owner is a living legend and nothing is to much trouble. Highly recommend for families/couples of all ages.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bolton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Wow! Our recent holiday at Katsaros apartments in Sidari, Corfu was the best holiday ever. I cannot say enough about how fantastically special this place is. This is a small place with a local feel to it and we were welcomed like I have never experienced before on holiday. Fortis and crew (Gill, Spiros and Sheryl) treated us so well, nothing was too much trouble and they made us feel like part of the family. It is probably difficult to comprehend just from reading this review but I urge anyone reading to book and try for yourself. We booked through on the beach but if you are seriously considering booking please contact Fotis directly to book so that he doesn't lose commission (katsarosfotis@hotmail.com). It is really cheap (cheapest holiday I have ever had), comfortable, imaculate and so relaxing. Sidari itself is beautiful, really green and lush with everything you need there but the beauty of Katsaros is that it is set back away from the main road so it is quiet but only a 5-10 minute walk to lots of bars and restaurants so you have the best of both worlds. I normally struggle to sleep on holiday but I slept solidly all week. Fotis will take care of you like you are royalty, nothing is too much trouble. His (and everyone else's) attidue to life is infectious and makes you feel like you are a million miles away from the usual gripes and stresses of everyday life. The food is fantastic everywhere and so cheap (6 euros for a very good main meal), you can ask around as we did for good recommendations but the restaurant that blew us away was the closest to Katsaros (The Family). Ask fotis to direct you to the best beach, not the main beach but a secluded cove only 15 min walk away where there was never more than 20 people there, mainly local. At Katsaros the pool area is immaculate and so relaxing, it is hard to decide between staying there or going to the beach so we did half and half. We met so many friends out there, some British and some Greek and everyone has the same to say about Sidari and Katsaros. The nice thing about Katsaros is that it's a small place with only 6 apartments so you have plenty of space and peace and quiet. The food in the bar is fab, Gill is a great cook and Fotis' wife whips up mean greek specialities. There is a special on every day so really reasonable as are the bar prices. We left belongings behind with Fotis because we are 100% sure we will go back and I have never re-visited the same place twice for a holiday. I could go on and on about this place, please please give it a try. The only negative thing I can say about this holiday is that I have had the worst post-holiday blues ever, I sobbed when I left (others on the transfer coach couldn't believe the send-off we received) and all I can think about is when I will be going back. We found our "2nd home & family" and thank goodness we did, a very, very special place indeed.

Room Tip: The rooms are basic but comfortable and very clean and to be honest you will spend so little time in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Fotis and family made our stay special. Nothing was too much trouble, they were very considerate to all their guests and were always on hand to help with any question. Their local knowledge was really helpful, especially getting discounts on scuba diving! Thanks for showing us the diving pictures and video on the big TV.
The location was perfect for us, quiet enough to be peaceful, especially around the lovely pool and bar area. Close enough to town for restaurants and nightlife. Rooms are basic but have everything you need, including excellent mosquito nets across the windows.
Will definitely return here if coming back to Corfu.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Weston-super-Mare, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

As we arrived at Katsaros, I was apprehensive, it seemed a little out of the way. On arrival, we were greeted like old friends, Fotis (owner), had a friends band practising in the bar, and apologised profusely, giving us free bottles of water to compensate....to be fair, it wasn't that loud, it was the afternoon, and they were quite good!! We had decided we wanted a relaxing holiday, and Fotis went out of his way to make that happen. The apartments are basic, but i've been to Greece before and they are on a par budget wise with what i have previously experienced. It was clean, there was towels, a lovely balcony, the shower was hot and powerful. The pool was very clean and was a pleasure to lay by each day. With anything you needed provided by Fotis and his family. At one point we asked where the nearest pharmacy was, Fotis offered to go for us! If we had wanted more activity, Fotis would have advised us on where to go, or arranged things for us, as we saw him doing for other guests. The man seems to know what people want from their holiday. The food was excellent and cheap, and available all day....breakfast from 9am-2pm...perfect! who wants breakfast at 7am on holiday??
We will be back for 2 weeks next year, we would recommend Katsaros to anyone who wants a relaxed holiday, with great service and good people! Yammas!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Me & my partner stayed at the adjoining aspasia appts in sept.the main reason we booked this place was due to the reviews about the owners
Like everywhere is sidari the appts are basic but clean & had everything we needed and if they didn't we only had to ask fortis and he helped straight away

We ate in the bar a few times and it was all lovely home cooked food cracking English brekky

Unfortunately we didn't go to any of the evening entertainment that fortis put on
But this was mainly due to the fact we was on holiday with elderly parents who was stopping down by the beach and the 15 min walk for them up slight hill was a bit much so we mostly went down to the strip area and met them down there

Fortis really couldn't do enough for you we wanted to spend the last night up in Corfu town so we could just jump in
A taxi to the airport next day and it only took 10 mins fortis was so helpful he got on the Internet showing me decent hotels in Corfu and he even rang up for me to check availability :)

One of the downsides to visiting sidari was the 3hour coach transfer as it was our 1st time there we didn't know about this so on our return home we jumped on
The local bus 3euros each with our luggage and it took just under an hour to Corfu town bus depot and then it was a 5 min walk to out hotel which only cost 45euro for the night spent a lovely evening in Corfu then was fresh and relaxed for the airport next day no stress of the longgggg coach journey

My only complaint about the aspasia/katsaros would have to be fortis's wife she was hard work & not very friendly but I think she just took a dislike to me as I saw her talking to other couples and she spoke to my fella but everytime I spoke to her she just glared at me I asked her one day if she was still serving food as I couldn't see the cook so she said "depends what you want?" I wanted the easiest thing on the menu "tsatsiki & Pitta bread" and she just stared at me for about a minute and then just kinda shrugged and nodded her head pulled a face and said ok

It's a shame because fortis works so hard to please and then his wife was the total opposite it put me off going in
There in the end I sent the fella in haha very cowardly I know lol

But would seriously recommend this place better than any 5* hotel

• Stayed September 2012
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just returned and had a fabulous time.Fortis and his family were the greatest host we have ever met.Spacious rooms if a little dated.Our 2 weeks were great from start to finish and always had a polite and friendly welcome.Many guests return year on year.Just outside of Sidari but only 10 minute walk to the centre.
Eating out dont miss the BBQ night with Fortis , The Face in canal erea , The Family 4 mins away for the roasts on the spit and Konaki also in the canal area.
BED bar for early drinks and quiz (then it livens up to loud music) Target bar for cheap drinks.
Madisons and Sunset for free sunbeds on the beach and ok lunch.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had a bit of a disappointing and unpleasant start to the holiday in the apartment we stayed in (Aspasia- next door) but Fotis and his family (the man that runs the bar) made us very welcome. He bends over backwards for anyone and everyone. Lots of entertainment, cheap drinks, delicious food and warming atmosphere. A must if you visit Sidari!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Katsaros? Share your experiences!