“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alexia Palm Grove

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sidari
Alexia Palm Grove
You added Alexia Palm Grove to your Saves list
Sidari 49081, Greece   |
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Sidari
Northern Ireland
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

Was bit worried about ths property after reading some reviews. We had a wonderful time. The apartment was on the ground floor, basic but spotlessly clean. Okay the kettle didn't work properly but we managed with the saucepan after the kettle was taken away and didn't re-appear! The pool area was lovely, the staff very friendly and it was nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of the resort centre. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the chickens jumping up to get at the grapes on the vines around the garden!! A short walk took us into the town itself and i agree with all the reports of the Salt and Pepper restaurant---fantastic! The Oasis Restaurant further down is also good value for money. It is a pity there was nothing on at night in the accomodation as it always looked empty when we returned after visiting Sidari.
The beach at Acharavi is worth a visit.

• Liked — Pool area
  • Disliked — entertainment
  • Tips/Secrets — no
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2006

After reading the reviews I was very worried but when we arrived I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Blue Apartments aka Smurf Houses. They are very cute if nothing else, not ideal for more than 2 people.
You can not honestly go to a Greek Island and expect the same standards as the UK. In general toilet paper goes in a bin (trust me it’s not as bad as you think, I take scented bags for the apartments even though they do get changed every morning). It is a rare occasion you find the shower attached to the wall, but it just adds to the fun, Greeks do not have shower curtains.
We didn’t have any insects in the apartment for the full 2 weeks. There is a field at the back of the apartment which is full of little Fire Flies, lovely at night. Pool is freezing but it’s welcomed, as the sun is very hot. The Alexia is family run. The cleaners are the Aunts and Gran, the whole place is very much a family affair which is nice.
We heard guests moaning about there rooms, but these folk were also the ones that DIDNT leave there apartment all day, only ventured out at night when it was cooler. Word of warning its hot hot there, and it is a bit of a trek to the beach, 10min walk. It’s really not that bad I had a pit stop every journey for an ice cream hmm.
For breakfast go to the Sea Breeze on the beach 3E for a Hungry Boy, owe my goodness the size of this breakfast!
In a summery- if you want the sun Greece is for you, Apartments are Clean, well maintained, Clean Sheets and friendly. Just don’t go expecting the Hilton.
Have a great holiday, we did!!

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2005

me and my friend, (both 21) have just returned from sidari, corfu and had a fantastic holiday. we stayed in the alexia appartments. the appartments consisted of 2 buildings and we stayed in the blue building - the opposite side of the road. Although at first this was a bit of a shock we really enjoyed our stay. the rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, although we spent more time on the huge balcony that we had. we loved our stay and didnt feel too far away from the town centre at all. the pool was lovely and so were the staff.there are plenty of bars and restarants to visit. I would reccomend it to anyone who is out to relax, have a few drinks and njoy themselves.

• Stayed September 2005
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2005

My name is Emma, I am 23 years old. I have now visited Sidari about 9 times, and stayed at Alexia Palm Grove about 6 times.

The Buildings are situated on the (not very busy) main road between Sidari and Velonades. The main site is the pink buildings, with the other apartments (the blue ones) just accross the road above a local supermarket. Althought the accomodation is situated some what out of the main resort centre, it is most CERTAINLY NOT ABOUT 45 MINUTES AWAY!!! iT IS MORE LIKE 20 MINUTES, which, when its nice and sunny is a pleasure to walk.

Alexia Palm grove is own by Alex Liakourous, and his german wife Iris. Alex's two eldest children, Alexia and Spiros, work in the bar, and during the summer months Alex's other children Patricia and Joanna come over from Paros to help out. Alex and Iris have a little boy, Stefan, who, although only being about 7 years old, speaks fluent english, greek and german. Stefan is a little treasure and will always make you smile!!

The chef, Valentino, can be a little lazy and the food isnt home cooked, but he is always willing to please and the bar staff will help in anyway they can.

The apartments themselves consist of 2 bedroomed apartments for 3, studios for 2, and studios for 5/6. While they are quite basic (what do you really expect for self catering?) they are comfortable and clean. If you have any problems and your holiday rep is unavailable, if you ask one of the family they are more than pleased to help you.

Alexia Palm Grove is a small family run complex and its not like those sort of holidays when the only person you see who has got anything to do with the accomodation is the rep.

If you are reasonably young like myself, (I was about 18 when I first stayed at Palm grove) you'll quite easily make friends with Alexia and Spiros, who are aged about 22 and 19) and Trish and Jo if they're staying there. When I was there they took me out to the town with them, and out clubbing in the night.

Palm Grove is excellent for couples and families with children of all ages. I would recommend it to almost anyone. I hope you find this helpful. For more information please feel free to email me!

• Stayed August 2003
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2005

Just returned from staying at the Alexia Palm Grove, wouldn't recommend it - rooms very basic - studio apartments are on the third floor accessed via some very steep fire escape type stairs - people with young children would really struggle to get up and down. Also some apartments are located at the other side of quite a busy road and quite some distance down the Road from where the pool and bar area are located.

The food at the apartment bar/restaurant is very poor.

The apartments are on the outskirts of Sidari and the walk to the beach/bars is at least 1.5 miles.

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Alexia Palm Grove? Share your experiences!