“Best goombay smash I've ever had!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hope Town Inn & Marina to your Saves list
Hope Town Inn & Marina
Hope Town | Abaco, Hope Town, Elbow Cay   |
Hickory
“Best goombay smash I've ever had!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Really nice new restaurant and marina. We ate lunch here the other day and really enjoyed it. I had 2 of the best goombay smashes ever. We also had great bacon cheese fries for appetizer. I had an excellent crawfish (lobster) quesadilla and my wife had a great steak and bleu sandwich. Great place to go for lunch, only downside is that you either have to go by ferry or on your own boat, unfortunately you can't get there from Hope Town by land.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just spent three nights in Room 6 overlooking the pool and harbor. A very delightful place, good food, charming employees and so perfect. Well run, clean, and pretty. Will definitely come again, hopefully for a longer time so I can enjoy the conch chowder every day. Thank you for making my birthday extra special!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 6 facing the harbor and pool. Totally perfect in all ways.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was a sunny Friday last week in Boca where I had been on business. Virginia is home and it was cold there, having just left a snow and ce sleet storm on Thursday. Having been to Hopetown many times before I popped on over for the weekend. For a number of reasons I decided to try Hopetown Marina and Inn.

Dropped off right at their dock by Alburys Ferry, the stay wonderfully well when Gary, my friend, came out from behind his place at the bar and gave me a hug of greeting. He has just moved over there after 15 years at the lodge across the water. Juat having Gary there made my stay.

Aaron, the manager, was friendly as were all the staff ! You can just TELL whne a team is cohesive and enjoy working together, and this was true of the staff at HM&I.

I was greeted at the front desk, escorted to my room and met there by another staffer with the door open ! The room was nicely furnished complete with microwave, safe and small refrigerator. Even better they were all in their own closet. My room with its king bed faced the water right atop the marina. The deck is a little on the small side, not allowing for furniture on the balcony unless you bring it out from your room. Which I did. The view was just too pleasant not to. I especially enjoyed the double french doors, a very nice enhancement over sliding doors.

Try Chef Neil's conch chowder. They offer both red and white and the white was the best white conch chowder I have had. Not too thick and cloying like New England clam chowder but more like North Carolina chowder.

Gary whips up some mean island drinks. From Goombay Smashes to Bahamamas to Rum Punch, he does it all with a joke and a smile.

The property is newly remodeled and it was done well. Overall it has just a great feel to it. Seeing Gary was great. Made even sweeter by the fact that they had some of the best rates on the island.

Sweet Island Life Mon

Room Tip: All the marina rooms face the water and the marina. There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Four of us went for this evening. Two of us had the Creamy Dill Catch of The Day. The Grouper was a bit on the salty side and we could find no evidence of dill present the dish. Cabbage salad and plantains were quite good. The girls each had a salad which they enjoyed. For a place that charges the highest prices on the island, paper napkins don't cut it, at least for dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I can not say enough good things about Hope Town Inn and Marina and their exceptional staff! My husband and I spent a week there for our honeymoon in early January, and we had an amazing time. The staff were warm, welcoming, and bent over backwards to make our stay perfect. We stayed in the Hibiscus suite, and it was large, very clean, and super comfortable. The best part of our trip was spending evenings at their bar, sipping on strawberry daiquiris and eating the heavenly food cooked up by Chef Neil. If you like baked Mac n cheese, the Bahamian cheese sticks appetizer is to die for! We have recommended Hope Town Inn and Marina to our friends and family, and we are already making plans for a return trip!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aaron K, General Manager at Hope Town Inn & Marina, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to your return and hope to see you soon!
Hope Town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The scenic dining patio overlooking the marina features excellent cuisine prepared by gifted local chef Neil Albury. Not to be missed are his inspired crawfish dishes--and the most decadent bread pudding we've ever sampled anywhere! Come by boat or call the Inn for a ride over from the settlement on their pontoon boat ferry.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Went to resort with friends for lunch, and found it to be just perfect! The setting is spectacular with a laid back island feel in quite luxurious surroundings. The chef, Neil Albury, prepared the most delicious meal for us. From the appetizers to entrees, it was excellent! The servers were very attentive and made sure we enjoyed our visit. Everyone welcomed us with smiles and great hospitality. This is a great addition to the beautiful Abaco islands--looking forward to returning!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hope Town Inn & Marina? Share your experiences!