“secluded luxury” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Abaco Club on Winding Bay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marsh Harbour
Abaco Club on Winding Bay
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Marsh Harbour
old forge
“secluded luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

we were here for family destination wedding.cabana was comfortable and very roomy.dining was limited but surprisingly good quality.beach is clean and beautiful.golf carts needed to everywhere.The cliffside houses are gourgeous.resort is very secluded if you like privacy on vacation otherwise due to its remote location it can be boring.cab to town is $100 one way. stopped at liquer to stock frig in room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Cape Coral, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

I hesitate to give this property a good review for fear that more people will find out about it! My husband and I spent four lovely days here and enjoyed every moment. We staying in one of the cabanas that overlooked the golf course and was walking distance to the beach. The grounds were beautiful and the service was very good. This isn't your typical Ritz Carlton, so don't expect the same level of service that you might get at other properties...you are in the islands after all and everyone is on island time. But everyone was very attentive and friendly and we loved our time here. The best advice I would give others is rent a car (the property is a good half hour from town and an $80 cab ride one way) and bring some breakfast and lunch items. Food on property is very expensive. I would highly recommend this to anyone and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

The abaco club is my favorite place to travel. It is nice, secluded and definitely "barefoot luxury". The staff is friendly and accommodating and the food at busters and the club house is delicious. The Golf is first class and the course is spectacular. The houses for rent are gorgeous and the one I was in was fantastic (cottage 13) - right over the bay with 3 large bedrooms. Very clean and homey. It is the perfect place to get away from it all...I am definitely coming back!

Room Tip: rent the houses. I discovered them at abacoclubhomes.com
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Delafield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

We travel a lot. We appreciate good service and nice places. Abaco Club goes above and beyond. We stayed in a cabana room, which was clean and beautiful. They give you a golf cart with your room so that you can get around on the property. You can't ask for a more pristine beach with turquoise water...and a tiki type bar right there waiting to serve food and drinks. We are avid golfers, and the onsite course was challenging, fun, and spectacular (it is the first links course in a tropical setting). But best of all were the people. Everyone working at the Abaco Club is friendly, happy, polite and ready to do whatever it takes to provide a quality vacation for guests. In general, the Bahamian people are just high quality. We hope it never changes because after this trip, we plan to return again and again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights at the Abaco Club from April11-13. We swam, played tennis, golf, kayaked, ran on the beach, had massages, worked out, and just relaxed at this Ritz Carlton location.

We were celebrating my husband's 40th birthday and when I made the reservations, I told them that I wanted to make our stay special. That was the only thing they dropped the ball on. They gave me the phone number for the concierge and I organized a special meal, a couple's massage and transportation from the airport to the hotel. However, when I hadn't received any emails prior to our arrival, I called the hotel to find out that apart from our reservation, noting had been planned for us. Apparently the concierge whom I spoke to was out on sick leave and didn't pass our information on to anyone else. So the couple massage that I thought I had booked on my husband's birthday wasn't possible any longer because all the appointments had booked up. We did end up doing it the day before.

Breakfast and dinner was very good, up in the main dining room and lunch was served on the beach at Buster's. Also very good. The only issue I had with our dinner was that for my husband's birthday, I was told that it was noted and that the chef may prepare something special. No one acknowledged this when we arrived at the restaurant and so when my husband went to the bathroom and I told our waitress, she was completely unaware. They did end up putting a candle I his dessert, but if I hadn't said anything, nothing would have been done

We had a cabana beside the golf course which was very nice and well appointed. Everyone gets golf carts to drive around the property.

The beach is simply spectacular!

Gym is decent for a hotel. Three treadmills, free weights, and strength machines.

A taxi from the airport was $80 each way.

We would definitely recommend the hotel for a relaxing getaway or family vacation. There was no night life at all.

Room Tip: Beed Cooper was the concierge who helped me organize the spa and dinner for my husband. He was very...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had a very rough start with American Express travel messing up our flights to and from Abaco, but once we got there all was better. We were greeted by very cheerful front desk staff and all of our bags and car were taken care of while we viewed the property. I don't have enough good things to say about the lovely location, the views are breathtaking! We made reservations for a late dinner and were shown to our lovely cabanna. It was larger than a hotel room with a screened in wrap around porch. It was my husband and myself and our two kids age 11 and 6. We had a wonderful dinner, yes, it is expensive but you are in a resort so I was expecting that. The kids can play pool or chess while they wait for dinner and the view from the clubhouse is awesome! Everyday we would take our golfcart to either the infinity pool or beach where we were taken care of by the staff. On Wednesdays they have a "rake and scrape" band that is the local music and it is fun for all. We were already making our plans to come back to this island before we left, so that should tell you how much we liked it. We did a half day boat trip with Captain Dee, we are not big snorklers so it was just ok, we took the ferry to Hopetown, that was an enjoyable day and had lunch at The Hopetown Lodge, very good. We loved Snappa's in Marsh Harbour for an affordable dinner. Only thing we wished is that we had more time to enjoy as it is a long day to get there. Any questions just send me a message!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Its a great place to chill with family. The rooms are great and the people are fantastic. The only thing that i did not like was the salmon at dinner. It was around $36.00 and it tasted like a $10.00 plate in other restaurant. Overall ill give a 99% aproval. Beautiful beach

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Abaco Club on Winding Bay? Share your experiences!