“Wonderful food, fantastic service - great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Thornbury
Cuisines: International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: A Thornbury landmark restaurant located on the edge of the Beaver river/Mill pond dam. Enjoy amazing views and delicious food on the patio or apres ski by the cozy fireplace. Open for lunch and dinner
Barrie, Canada
“Wonderful food, fantastic service - great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

My parents and I went out to lunch at The Mill and had an absolutely amazing experience. The service was fantastic (Kate was our server). She was attentive, friendly and very sweet. The atmosphere was lovely, and the view is very pretty - we sat outside over-looking the river. Apart from all of that, the food was incredible. Everything was very fresh and flavourful, and we were very happy with our food. We ordered the Mill burger, the fried mac and cheese and the fish and chips. The dishes sound simple but they were anything but! We had the chance to speak to Derek, the chef, as he came out to say hello and we only had good things to say about him and his amazing cooking. We will definitely be going back to The Mill Cafe!

• Visited June 2014

Collingwood, Canada
“First Time in and EXCELLENT from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband chose The Mill Café for our little date night, the atmosphere is relaxing and evident of a place where you are not rushed but can kick back and enjoy time out

We started with the dinner menu but it was more a lighter choice I preferred, quickly our pleasant and attentive server offered the bar menu, I chose the Watermelon bruschetta fantastic, it's like summer in every bite, we then had fish and chips, the sliders from the bar menu that melted in your mouth. The little buns toasted to perfection!

The presentation was really something, the food looked like it just came out of a high end magazine, it was interesting that I could watch the chef's at work and the attention with care to detail was really amazing, the staff were always assisting each other which was really nice too.

I had ordered a coffee and during supper one would think it being refilled was not a priority, not so, our server never left me with a cold half cup, lovely and super stellar for this java junkie.

We will be coming back and telling others of this lovely little spot.

• Visited June 2014
London, Canada
“Great lunch for two!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Wow. The mussels were more than enough for two, lovely wine based broth with a hint of fish sauce and crustini for dipping. The mains were both perfectly prepared, the mac'n cheese with a crispy coating over a smoky wedge of cheese, pasta and bacon, paired with a salad. My dish was a fist sized pastry, which our server Kate broke and poured in a balsamic reduction. It was rich and flavourful with slow cooked beef, served on a bed of corn risotto and a cauliflower puree, tiny turnips and perfect asperagus spears. Every part of the plate boasted its own flavour and texture, making it a real pleasure to work through, while quaffing a freshly pulled stout. The crumble for dessert was a fine layered puff pastry cradling a spiced sweet fruity preserve below a wonderful pistachio flavoured crumble aside lemony sherbert.
A fine hand in the kitchen here, great decor, attentive staff in a unique location on the Beaver River rushing waters. Highly recommeded, we'll be back!We enjoyed a very good lunch at the Mill Cafe while visiting our friends in Thornbury. A special offered an entree and dessert or app for $20. My wife ordered fried Mac and Cheese with a rubarb crumble and I chose the beef pot pie and mussels.

• Visited April 2014
Collingwood, Canada
“Overpriced average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The atmosphere was great and the service was good....though my niece found a hair in her salad...they replaced it but with minimal apology and no compensation. The fish and chips was good...very small...I got two pieces anticipating left overs, but ate it all and was looking for more...my soon said "a good appetizer". The burger looked beautiful but was tasteless. They try and make up for lack of flavor with their dips but they are overpowering...too much basil and too much horseradish. Overall very disappointed. We were looking to have a wedding dinner here in October but I guess we're still looking for a venue!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Meaford, Canada
“Over priced, who serves fries with a steak for $32”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Apps were great, rice looked like oatmeal, vegetables overcooked, very little for expensive price very disatissfied

• Visited March 2014