“For Ontario This is One of the Best” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Coldwater
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
Brampton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
“For Ontario This is One of the Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Ontario was not graced with mountains the caliber of Alberta, B.C. Quebec, Vermont or New Hampshire. Sigh. But for Ontario skiing, Mount St. Louis is one of the best. The owners of this resort are dedicated to skiing and to constantly improving the hills, lifts and snow making equipment. My experience of weekends is that lines move quickly and efficiently. The hills are well patrolled. There is an excellent variety of runs. The runs are well groomed. It's a bit pricey- but skiing is expensive and compared to other Ontario ski resorts I have experienced, Mount St. Louis offers excellent value for the money. Great park for snow boarders. Staff are friendly and helpful. No night skiing- insurance costs are apparently too high. That's about the only drawback. But I love this place- that's why I've been coming back for 40 years. And I always recommend it for those looking for good skiing in Ontario.

Toronto, Canada
“Best Ski slopes close to Toronto”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had great experiences at Mount st. Luis, nice prepared long slopes, fast lifts, fun for the kids, and family.

4 attraction reviews
“THIS is the place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

By accident I must have placed this review in Ski Snow Valley in Barrie. It was meant for Mount St. Louis Moonstone. I have skied all over on many different sized ski hills and mountains. Happened to be visiting inlaws in Ontario and thought we could check out a few of the local hills. This one comes close to being my favorite of all time for a family with varied skiing interests and skill levels. My kids Loved it and my son was blown away by the terrain park. It's not the most challenging skiing in the world but the runs are well groomed and steep and long enough to bring a big smile to your face. The people at the hill were helpful and kind. Probably has something to do with the place being privately owned. Other resorts in the area pale in comparison. If you can only go to one place to ski in 100 miles of Barrie, go here. Most of you won't be disappointed.

4 attraction reviews
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Tel Aviv, Israel
“The best day on the slopes!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The day started badly with a pair of old skis not behaving - the rental staff (Charlie) told us to talk to Ken, the manager to see what he would advise... to our amazement, Ken gave us a rental pair for free!! What a treat :) All employees are friendly and welcoming. At the end of the day, as we were stuck on the Moonstone side (not realizing the rides there start closing at 4:10pm when the Moonstone chalet is closed), we were given snowmobile rides back to Mt St Louis!! What a treat!!
The slopes vary from green to black, and between both hills, you can spend a good chunk of the day not going over your traces... LOTS OF FUN, thanks Ken, Charlie, and Security patrol :D

We skied on a Friday afternoon, the place was quite EMPTY, we rode all chairlifts by ourselves, no line-up... The best part of the mountain is the ease of access, right off the 400 Highway (but I would recommend better signage for when the Moonstone chalet is closed - we first drove the wrong way to the other hill!!)