“Good ski hill...for Ontario” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Attractions in Coldwater
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Sports
Toronto
17 attraction reviews
“Good ski hill...for Ontario”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We go up every Sunday to bring the kids, 7 and 13, for lessons. The instructors at the ski school seem very good and the kids enjoy their time with them. The lifts are generally fast and all of the runs are interesting. There's a run for every level, but like with any hill in Ontario, they're relatively short. It is very easy to get to, right off of highway 400 and can get very busy on nice days or holidays. The reason I don't give this a 4/5 is the lounge/clubhouse and its lack of comfortable chairs (that I could find anyway). They have lots of tables with hard chairs for lunches/meals but nowhere that I could see for a more relaxed and comfortable apres-ski experience. And of course the food: expensive and generally bad.

Timmins, Canada
“Great spot in the world”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Been here twice when in Barrie and this is our fav spot to ski

Visited April 2011
Worthing, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
“Great slopes - get there early and avoid the school trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Long runs, fast lifts and fab snow made our visit great. We got a day pass and got there early (it opens at 8.30am) this was brilliant as a lot of schools turned up about an hour later! It wasn't too bad though as most of them headed for the beginners slopes and we stuck to the harder ones.

We skied non stop for over 4 hours and although we repeated our favourites, we didn't do all the runs (to avoid the school hoards) and we didn't get bored. We did get quite tired though! :-)

This resort would have been far too much for my young novice skiing children so I'm glad we didn't take them as I would have had to leave them in ski school for a couple of hours to ski myself - which would have been expensive and not enough time.

The food was designed for the main clientele (school kids) fries and burgers etc. Not great - but it was very easy to find from the 400 highway - with a massive free carpark.

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Great fun - especially for beginners!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

I'm a beginner and up until now have only snowboarded in Alberta.
I wasn't sure what to think as my first time on Ontario hills (5th time ever). I only stayed on the Green hill and it was great to hone my skills. It wasn't busy that day so I got a lot of rides in. Conditions were different than what I was used to (icier), but that was to be expected.

I'm giving it a 4 because my friends took lessons and the instructor did NOT give them the full hour that they paid for.

I also went with other friends with more experience and they said this is their favorite place to go in Ontario.

I would go again and be grateful that I took lessons out West .

Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Apparently the story behind this company is two separate ones combined together, hence the Mt. St. Louis + Moonstone. I like this place because it's not as busy as some other ski hills around town. Also, the staff are always friendly and willing to help out and the line up for the lifts are a lot shorter than some of their competitors. I'd recommend skiing/snowboarding there.

Visited January 2012