“Excellent Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 21 restaurants in Stayner
Cuisines: Continental, Contemporary, Eclectic, Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Located on Highway #26 East, between Barrie and Scenic Blue Mountains, Bistro 26, alongside Edenvale Aerodrome provides a casual fine dining atmosphere, with family friendly service & fare. Catering to all dietary needs/requirements, offering in/out catered functions, Christmas parties, and intimate experiences. Come share our passion for fine foods!
North Bay
“Excellent Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stopped in at Bistro 26 while on my way to Collingwood. The outside sign is what caught my attention. The interior decor is upto date and honestly, the decor is nicer than what I expected. My girlfriend ordered the lunch special, which was a wrap, she enjoyed it. I ordered from the menu, which is a little short however I didn't have any trouble finding something delicious. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich. It was pretty fantastic. I would go to Bistro 26 again, overall it was a good experience.

• Visited September 2013

76% Recommend
Ottawa, Canada
“Fantastic Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

On the way to cottage country, we stopped at Bistro26 for supper. I ordered their hamburger and what an excellent choice. It was the biggest hamburger I ever had. I could not fit my mouth around it, and that is saying something. The flavour was very good and so tastey! I will be going back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Food and Service, Perfect for Large Groups/Parties”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I organized a bachlorette dinner for 13 Ladies at Bistro 26. We were staying in wasaga for the weekend, but still wanted to have one nice dinner for the bride. We could not find a single fine-dining restuarant in the Wasaga area, so expanded our search to Stayner and found Bistro 26.

The entire planning process was really great and seamless thanks to Kathy. Kathy was always very prompt in replying back to us. She was able to work within our budget to provide a fix prix menu that included appetizer, entre, and dessert. She was also able to provide us with a fixed price for 30+ drinks. Of the 13 girls many were on a budget so this was great. The only thing that I would suggest would be to have prices confirmed via e-mail/in writing, as we may have had a bit of miscommunication on the telephone (but nothing significant, and everythng was fixed in time for our party).

Bistro 26 was able to provide us with menus printed on paper that said "Bachlorette Party," and provided us with a private room. We were also given permission to decorate with our own decorations at no extra charge.

FOOD: The appetizer and main course were excellent - members in our party had the calamari, spring rolls, and crab cakes (as appetizers) and chicken dish, and stuffed mushroom (as main dishes). These were both excellent. I had the mushroom and it was cheesy and delicious (and I'm not even vegetarian!). The desserts were average - the options were mixed berries, and creme brulee. The creme brulee was what I had and I probably would not have it again. However, I'm sure there are other dessert options depending on your budget.

SERVICE: Service was excellent - not a single bad thing to say. The servers were kind and friendly, brought everything out in really good timing, gave a free shot to our bride, and even changed the music for us at our request. Thank you staff at Bistro 26!

• Visited August 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Delish food, great service and a view of planes taking off.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Do not let the exterior of this restaurant, or the fact that it is part of a small airport (small, quiet planes) put you off. I've visited 4-5 times and the food is always outstanding.Five of us visited last weekend during Barrielicious - a local restaurant promotion where you get an appetizer, entre and dessert for $25.00 per person. Sometimes these deals are clearly downgrades of a place's regular menu, but this is not the case at Bistro 26. All of us enjoyed all three courses. The service was friendly and efficient. Although no planes departed or arrived while we were there, the runway can easily be seen from all tables. Thai style vegetable spring rolls, maple glazed salmon, risotto and key lime cheesecake were top notch. Others in the group enjoyed beef short ribs, thai pad, coconut-mango panacotta. Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Not as good as it used to be...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have been to Bistro 26 many times and have been big fans, enjoying the friendly service and the good food. The last few visits have been disappointing though, with a more limited menu and some of our favourite lunch items gone. The burger was one of the best things on the menu, and it is still good, only now it comes with gourmet fixings like blueberry compote and the regular burger isn't on the menu. Why not offer both? The servers seemed distracted when mistakes happen and talk out loud about them where their guests can hear it. The place wasn't busy and yet the service was slow and our plates were never cleared, and we had to go ask for the bill. This may sound really picky...but it's just that it used to be a fun and good place to go that we looked forward to, and now we think twice about it. Hope they find their way again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bistro E, Owner at Bistro 26, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your comment and feedback.

We, at Bistro 26, change our menu seasonally, reflecting the changing of the seasons, in order to keep our dishes fresh and innovative.
It is of the utmost importance for Bistro 26 to support our local farmers/neighbours and Ontario grown selections.

Our classic homemade hamburgers are available during lunch and additionally on our take out menu. However, during dinner our customers have grown to expect a more gourmet selection. At his time our menu including, our hamburgers, exhibit an innovative style tantalizing and satisfying the epicurean palette.

As for the service, I apologise that you did not experience our top quality service that we are known for and I have attended to the issue to ensure this will not happen again

Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback, we consider all comments and suggestions very important and we appreciate your time in helping us better serve you.

Kathy Kroupa