“It was just a very cool night out!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Te Awamutu
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Locally themed bar and eatery, which is guaranteed to make your day better. Great New Zealand fare, tap beer, live music and good times.
Hamilton, New Zealand
“It was just a very cool night out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was our final dinner as a 'Regional Team' and this place was cool. Relaxing atmosphere, food was good quality and service was welcoming, engaging. Try the Pork Belly as a main, it was perfect and they have a fine selection of Cuban Government Rum, only the best Comrade!
I liked the style of the establishment, great 'jokes' in the toilets (I kid you not) which just added to the refreshing and relaxing, enjoyable atmosphere, the young Maori barmaid was stunning.....

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bridie880, Owner at The Redoubt, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Hi there, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review The Redoubt Bar & Eatery. I apologise you were not happy with your experience.
As I take all reviews very seriously, I have looked into all our dockets and till stored information, and the night in question I have found no evidence of the wait time.
I am also disappointed you weren't impressed with the plates we choose to serve our food in, we feel they are in theme with our rustic style of dinning.
I am a little confused as we don't have a lamb burger on the menu?
As you have visited us before and also given us a excellent review ' It was just a very cool night out!”.
before, I sincerely hope you return and can experience the full fantastic 'Redoubt Experience' you have enjoyed before.
Kind Regards Redoubt Managaement

Te Awamutu, New Zealand
“Good alround eating experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My wife and I frequent the Redoubt mainly for a few quite afternoon drinks on the weekend and occasionally eat there. Food has always been good as has their service, there pizza's are huge and taste great my wife and I struggle to eat a $20 half pizza between us. We look forward to their wild food challenge every year.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Great local pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Excellent experience staff are great, friendly and give good service. I had the wild food special which was fantastic. Will go back next time in town

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wagga Wagga, Australia
“Pub Grub At Its Finest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

On a busy night this pub did a great job in fitting the four of us in. Food was better that you might expect in a country pub and service from the publican was excellant.

Good selection of beers also.

Recommended in you're nearby

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hamilton, New Zealand
“The Redoubt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The best seafood chowder for miles! Great atmosphere and very friendly service. Also parking was no problem.

Visited October 2011