“Loved It!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Central Motor Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morrinsville
Central Motor Lodge
You added Central Motor Lodge to your Saves list
362 Thames Street, Morrinsville, New Zealand   |
Auckland
“Loved It!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

I'm not one to really rave about motels to folk I know but I raved about this place. Big room, nicely decorated, modern but cosy & so tidy. Oh and the bath!!! I didn't want to get out :) I arrived later in the evening but this was no trouble. The owners are lovely and so darn friendly. They remembered the reason I was coming to town and asked about it which really impressed me. Thank you for a wonderful night - I will be back.

Room Tip: The room above conference room is seperate so quiet - unless you wish to sleep in as laundry to the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Whangarei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Not only is this motel pleasing on the eye as you approach along a busy street, it is also easy to find, very important after a long days driving. The room was very clean and very comfortable, with extra touches, like a chocolate on the pillow ! The stay was made perfect, however, by the friendly welcome and helpful information about the area given by the hosts. They seem genuinely interested in making the traveller feel at home. i will use this motel again.
Thanks.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Both Andrea and myself enjoyed our short stay at Jan and David Wetton's motor lodge.
Very clean, modern units with flat screen TV great atmosphere ....and very little road noise

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

I have stayed at many hotels over the past year through out NZ. I can honestly say that Central Motor Lodge has been the best accommodation by far. The rooms are very well appointed, spotless and spacious. The owner\managers are very friendly and obliging and the breakfast is superb and delivered on time. I cannot rate this place highly enough. If you are coming to the area you must stay here..

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

We arrived in Morrinsville by mistake because I let my travelling companion navigate - and yes, HE has trouble with maps!

While it is a small town, and not much to do, there are some lovely restaurants and cafes if you do go there.

There are a few motels along the main street but we decided to stay at the Central Motor Lodge, if only because the rooms were set back off the street (hence quiet) and it was less than a block from the town centre.

Our host, Jan was lovely, and was more than helpful with recommendations for restaurants and interesting places to see.
We ate dinner at Jans top choice, Chambers Restaurant, housed in the old council chambers building. Its a 2 minutes walk from the hotel and the food, wine and service are all good, so it is highly recommended.

The rooms at the Central Motor Lodge are large and quiet and very clean. We had a queen size bed which was very comfortable. There is a small kitchenette and a tv with cable. The bathroom is large and has a great shower. There is off street parking outside the rooms.

All up for $100 a night, including a light breakfast, it was great value.

Been to Central Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!