“Honeymoon Bliss” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kasbah Tamadot

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asni
Kasbah Tamadot
You added Kasbah Tamadot to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BP 67, Asni 042150, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Asni
Seattle, Washington
“Honeymoon Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Kasbah Tamadot met and surpassed our expectations (and our expectations were high). We splurged on four nights for our honeymoon in mid-April. The hotel is stunning, as good as the pictures suggest, if not better. Just thinking of the view two weeks later puts a smile on my face.

The amenities--the pool, the tennis courts, and the spa--were the best I have ever experienced. There may not be a better place in the world to sit by the pool (perfect temperature, stunning views, amazing service) and completely unwind. But thankfully (for adventure seekers like myself) the Kasbah will set you up with a world-class guide so you can hike around the spectacular Atlas mountains. Four days offered the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation.

Like many have said before me, the service is outstanding. In fact, the service is what takes the Kasbah Tamdot experience to the next level. It is professional while being warm and friendly at the same time. We shared many laughs over the course of our four days, and truly appreciated the genuineness and helpfulness of the staff and management. One feels more like a guest in a home than a guest at a hotel.

One area that could use a bit of improvement would be the food. Although we had some absolutely delicious meals, there were also some misses. Breakfast was outstanding with a fabulous menu. In contrast, the lunch time menu was a bit uninspired and the food inconsistent. We had some incredible dishes at dinner, but overall, I would say the food lags just ever so slightly behind the very high standard set by all the other services and amenities. We did have a wonderful private dinner on my birthday, which the staff went above and beyond to make a very special night (including a birthday cake with candles AFTER the dessert course ;)

We highly recommend staying at Kasbah Tamdot. Just don't forget to get out and explore the amazing Atlas mountains! It is understandable to not make it past the pool during the day, but it is worth the extra effort.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a truly fabulous hotel in a spectacular location. The service was impeccable and the food delicious. We liked the way that the hotel offered different dinner locations on different nights and particularly enjoyed the roof top sitting with its incredible views. Make sure you make the outdoor film showing if you're there when they put it on. If you're a runner then catch Tarik who works in the restaurant and join him as he runs past the hotel at about 6pm on his days off. Ask him for a cd of his berber band Irofane which he gave me and we have really enjoyed listening to. So a big thank you to Tarik. The only reason we haven't given 5 stars is because the heavy shower head in the pool shower didn't have a secure housing and so it is difficult to put it away properly. The previous user hadn't secured it and when my wife entered the shower it fell onto her toe and she's now lost her toenail. But we told the staff and I'm sure that they've attended to it as well as they attended to everything else during our stay

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

spent 3 fabulous days at the Kasbah. Lost for words. Staff amazing, Berber tent was stunning, food superb. A wonderful experience to celebrate my special birthday. did not want to leave ...Hamman massage was sensational and the 3 hour cooking lesson to make a Tagine was lovely.

Room Tip: Berber Tents are wonderful, overlooking the mountains
Droitwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visited Kasbah Tamadot with my husband as part of a corporate group.
This retreat is quite simply one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I have ever visited.
After a (fairly scary at times) 45 minute drive from the centre of Marrakech through Berber villages and lush countryside and mountain roads, we were greeted by very friendly hotel staff.
All the staff were attentive, polite and friendly.
Our accommodation was one of the Berber tented suites. We had our own large lounge/bedroom, a bathroom that included roll top bath in addition to a double shower, and a well appointed dressing area.
The highlight of our room was our private terrace with table and chairs, sunbeds, our own hot tub and unrivalled views of the valley below and the Eve Brandon foundation in the village on the opposite hill.
The food was top class, from the range of traditional Morroccan dishes on offer (delicious) to more familiar menu items. The well equipped bar is bound to have your favourite tipple.
The infinity pool and outdoor hot tub have a surplus of sun loungers and tented areas providing shade when required. My husband made good use of the tennis court whilst I contented myself visiting the resident camels and donkeys.
The hotel has a reasonably-priced gift shop selling locally-produced souvenirs.
I enjoyed the Asounfou Spa - which offers a wide range of treatments including a traditional Hammam experience and benefits from a beautiful indoor pool.
Well done, Sir
Richard Branson, for creating a true haven in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains.
All in all, I would highly recommend Kasbah Tamadot as a place to escape the madness of Marrakech.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

stayed for 3 nights in April, fantastic resort, indoor and outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, table tennis, pool table etc.
we had great weather however, it would be a nice winter break with log fires and plenty of rooms to relax in. Food and service are excellent, the gardens are well maintained and are picturesque. The views of the atlas mountains are stunning.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is located in a picturesque location. We spent 3 nights in a 'tent' there and loved every single moment of it.
I really can't fault the hotel and its services (ok, maybe the spa treatment was average). The food, gardens, pools were outstanding. Credit to the Chef for such good food.
I have to specially compliment the staff. I cannot recall having such great efficient service and all the waiters seem to genuinely care. I love the little goodies in the room.
We loved the trekking tours as well.
We are definitely going back and would hope to stay in the tent again.

Room Tip: Go for the 'tent' !
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is amazing, simply amazing. With Virgin properties you always feel super welcome and the staff always seems to really take their time with you. So from the time we arrived until the time we left we were treated so well, never rushed, and always accomodated. I felt like the staff was personally and genuinely interested in my wife and I having an amazing time. That is what makes this place special. The people.

While there we went on a hike in the mountains across the street it was a LOOOONG hike, so bring good shoes if that is your kind of thing. You are also a good drive into Marrakesh, so be careful assuming that you'll take "day trips" easily, but again, It's virgin, so whatever you want they'll accommodate, we were only there for 3 nights so we didn't have time to squeeze everything in.

We did do the berber tour village visit, it was cool. It didn't feel like a "look at the poor people tour" which is very important to us when we do village tours, as the guide was from the place, and we really got to take some time and chat with him about village life, it was unfortunately a big group, ask for a private tour (which we got at Virgin in Kenya, and the dude took us to his house, we met his wife, kids, etc, it was super awesome).

The Camel ride was a bit short, but was fine enough and was surely fun.

The place itself is amazing! I personally really enjoyed the tent with the pool table and bar, most guests (even on NYE) didn't go, so my wife and i felt like we have the place all to ourselves, with an open bar. Which brings me to a recommendation for this place, in Kenya at Virgin, everything is included, which just made you feel like you were there to have fun. Here if you are hanging out playing pool, you are asked to kindly keep track of your drinks, so they can charge you later. That is awesome and all, but I am spoiled from my time in Kenya :) Just charge me a bit more and let me grab what I'd like.

TIP: The tent is almost always empty, so it'll feel like you have this tent (with DVDs, CDs, Fireplace, bar, TV and pool table) to yourself. Made for some great romantic and private nights where my wife and I felt uninterrupted. The staff would come by to make sure were were OK and that we didn't need more firewood or lemons, limes, etc. (again amazing attentiveness).

Because it was NYE it was a different experience. but we had our own fireworks show which was also amazing, as there might have been 20-30 of us.

You'll notice I highlight a lot of things about having space on the campus to "get away" the reason is this place is expensive and as a result it attracts a crowd who can afford these kinds of things so I really love it when I can have the attentiveness of the staff, GREAT rooms, and a BIG campus to get away and have more private, intimate moments with the people I am with vs strangers. This place does a great job of balancing both for me, its one of the reason I keep going to Virgin properties, their campuses allow me to be private when I want and social when I want. Can't wait to try the next one.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Kasbah Tamadot? Share your experiences!