“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kasbah Tamadot

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asni
Kasbah Tamadot
You added Kasbah Tamadot to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BP 67, Asni 042150, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Asni
London
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here in August with my two children on 6 months and 2 years. The place is fantastic. Much cooler than in Marrakech. Rooms are colourful, local and really well equipped. Even a free mini bar stcked with alchohol! Staff are amazing and the food and facilities are wonderful. Hotel is really well managed. We enjoyed a truly 5 star experience.

Room Tip: Coose one of the tens with jacuzzi!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband took me to this wonderful hotel for my birthday wend, as I had broken my leg and was in an air cast boot I didn't want to travel far so this seemed like the best place to get some sun, well the staff were amazing, the food was the best We have ever tasted, we stayed in a Berber tent which was fantastic and due to the resort being quite large I found trying to walk difficult so the hotel got me a wheelchair which was amazing so I could enjoy the resort, the spa was fantastic a MUST and to top the hoilday off Richard Branson was at the hotel with his wife celebrating her birthday which was on the same day as mine, they are a very nice couple and very friendly.

When we go back next time I will be able to walk and enjoy the hikes that you can do from the hotel as the views are amazing and a cooking course.

Room Tip: The Berber tents have amazing views, but I understand from other guests all the rooms are lovely
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
VLELondon, General Manager at Kasbah Tamadot, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We often find from guest feedback that it’s a lovely bonus to meet Richard Branson when he’s staying and I’m sure it was amusing to find out you were both there celebrating birthdays!

We hope that you’ll be back again to celebrate another birthday or just to get away in the near future.

Best wishes
Vincent Padioleau
General Manager of Kasbah Tamadot
northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a start to our first anniversary! Set up in the Atlas Mountains, the views from the Kasbah are stunning. Our room was beautiful, very ornate and we had a small balcony that was very secluded. Although it wasn't the biggest of rooms, everything looked decadent and was very clean. We spent most of our time by the pool, which looked out over the mountains and staff were attentive with water at all times. There were a few tennis courts which we tried out, but the heat made us both quite lethargic...back to the pool! Dinner was delicious every night, located up on the rooftop terrace ( a la carte evenings) or poolside (for the Berber feast/ Moroccan BBQ type evenings)
The staff were very welcoming and helpful at all times and we enjoyed the champagne welcome (a few times..) through the trip! The hotel also arranged a walk through the mountains, where our guide trekked us up to his village and we had mint tea with his family! Superb and a real insight to local life! Brilliant, from start to finish!

Room Tip: There are a few Berber Tents as an option which looked great...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the Kasbah Tamadot for 4 nights and we wish it had been 40. As you drive an hour out of Marakech and have just about had enough, the Kasbah rises above you on top of the mountains. Told by our driver that it was an old fortress I was glad it was going to be looking after us.
We were welcomed by the excellent manager Damien and offered a refreshing glass of champagne, delicious as we watched the twinkling lights in the surrounding hills light up. We were in room 14 the newest room that felt 100 years old so well had it been built and decorated. It felt like being a traveller in Victorian times and nothing had been left to chance.
The mini bar is free - such a great touch, there is a fruit bowl and nuts laid out for your arrival. A gift for him and her on the bed from the spa, Berber leather slippers akin to Ali Baba, delightful and yours to take home! The wardrobe had winter cloaks umbrellas, and the music of Bach played out to us as we settled in. The bathroom was large and well equipped with a bath, shower and plenty of space, bath robes, and super toiletries.
The food was excellent, we ate in different venues each night and the hotel let you know where they would be in the morning, so you could book a table. I am a real foodie, and can not complain about anything we ate -brilliant. The taster menu is especially stunning, and even though not everything were things I like (personal choice) it just meant my husband enjoyed more of the food. They grow a lot of the food on site, and walking round the gardens I picked up a fallen peach and it was the MOST delicious I have ever eaten.
The spa is an experience like no other, you can relax round the pool, which is both indoors, so out of the searing sun, and we had it to ourselves, with beds, and sofas to lounge on, water, herb teas to drink just lovely. If you do nothing else here have a Hammam, I had never heard of it, but it was both refreshing and the closest thing to being bathed by your mother as a young child that I have ever experienced, and I wish one would open up where I live!
My husband said never has he stayed anywhere with so many seating areas, hidden away, and with stunning views. The hotel has 54 guests when full which it was when we stayed, but you feel you are alone on the property.
We were staying during Ramadan and I can not speak highly enough of the excellent staff who looked after us.
Thoroughly and highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback, it is so lovely to read about all the different elements that made your stay with us so special. We’re always striving to continually improve the service and experience at Kasbah Tamadot and so it is always so rewarding to hear when we’re getting it right.

We hope that you will be back to visit us again soon, perhaps next time you’ll be able to extend it to that 40 night stay you wished it had been originally!

Best wishes
Vincent Padioleau
General Manager of Kasbah Tamadot
Bucks, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed in a Berber Tent for a long weekend - great scenery over the valley and across to the nearby village. The village is worth visiting (hotel will arrange) to visit the Eve Branson Foundation.

Berber tents are luxurious without being pretentious - in fact that's the whole hotel. The General Manager and his assistant make a point of chatting to all the guests and offer a lot of help with trips / local advice. Good service without being over bearing.

The evening meals have a different theme each night and move location so there is variety, the food was good but being brutally honest I have had better. If you were staying longer than a long weekend then you may get bored of the evening cuisine.

Good Spa with lots of treatment options – would recommend booking some in advance to get the timing you want.

Overall, a great way to forget about the day job for a while.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here for a week in June to take photographs of the Berbers in the Western Atlas Mountains for which this place is ideally located. I had an absolutely amazing experience here. It is set back in the mountains outside Asni about an hour away from Marrakech in what has to be one of the most spectacular locations ever. But as with all top Hotels they don't rely on their location. The service is truly amazing. Nothing is too much trouble and they welcome you like a family. Look out for Mohammed the elderly father figure at breakfast, he is a true star, Damien the French hotel Manager is probably the best people focussed manager I have ever encountered and Jamal who works on concierge. When he says he will do something he does it for the joy not for a tip. He is that rarest of people who genuinely loves his guests and wants to do everything possible to make your stay memorable. The rooms are as spectacular as you would expect and every night there is some kind of exquiisite gift on your bed from the hotel. (That's my christmas presents bought this year!) The food is superb with a mix of local and international cuisine for the less adventurous and the local wine is both cheap and of a high quality. Is it expensive? Depends on how you equate that with value. For me it was the bargain of the century and one day i will go back with my family. It is just the best and ranks as one of my favourite Hotels ever.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family stayed at Kasbah Tamadot for 3 nights. It was a lovely hotel in beautiful surroundings. We were told we had two berber tents and one room however, upon arrival were told we only had to berber tents. Despite this set back, the berber tents were lovely with there own jacuzzis and plenty big enough. At the hotel there are donkeys, goats, mules, horses and two camels which we had the opportunity to stroke. During the day we would get a note under the door saying the options for the evening which was a nice, and personal touch from the management. The food was lovely, including the room service, and reasonably priced. Recommend the banana pancakes! We went on two excursions- one into a nearby village and the other a walking one. The excursions were great and the guides exceptional. Service was great throughout our stay. Only negative comment would be the bar by the pool is rather slow, and the tour of the hotel when you arrive is slightly long. We had a hammam (traditionally moroccan) and full body massage at the spa which was very relaxing. 100% recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Kasbah Tamadot? Share your experiences!