“The Most Magical Place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kasbah Tamadot

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asni
Kasbah Tamadot
Save Saved
You added Kasbah Tamadot to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BP 67, Asni 042150, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Asni
Watford, United Kingdom
“The Most Magical Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived from spending 3 days in Marrakesh which was unbelievable, to then come to another incredible magical place, we were greeted by "Vincent" with Champagne and a huge warm welcome by the staff. The views are wonderful you feel like your on a film set . Attention to detail is amazing, our room had rose petals over our bed! The whole stay was fantastic, a real retreat, food is amaZing and the presents on your bed at night is a beautiful touch. We will definitely return very soon. Not a place for Children, was all couples relaxing.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our second visit here, which in itself is a good indication as we never normally go back to the same place twice. It is just as stunning second time round and did not disappoint us. Everything is just perfect from the welcome when you arrive , the welcome from the staff who remember you from your last visit and the sad goodbye when you leave.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I don't know why I do this; but before I write a review, I read the few reviews which are the most
negative. So I did this with Kasbah Tamadot; and I found them very strange, as one of them,
only there for lunch, found it necessary to look down on probable guests as "Yuppies" and "New
Yorkers". And all of the negative reviewers, have found it necessary, for some odd reason, to
take a snarky swipe at owner, Sir Richard Branson. How odd, indeed. I suppose the negative
experience they had was real but I must say that I found these reviews most shocking.

My experience was absolutely the polar opposite. As a woman traveling alone, I've been told,
one may expect to be given short shrift. I've never had that problem and I received the most
accommodating and kind service, reception and treatment by everyone of the staff members.

OK, we all know the place is beautiful, even the nay-sayers agree with that. I must report that
the food was first rate. I don't drink, so I can't report on the wines but the juices are a delight.
I chose one of the Berber tents and I loved it. It was clean, well serviced and and well appointed. Yes, there are only 2, count 'em, 2 English TV stations. I don't think that's the
fault of the hotel. The WiFi worked perfectly, by the way. But one really should put away
the TV and IPads for a few days and take in what is on offer there: Spa with treatments galore,
excursions into the mountains and villages, swimming, tennis, etc.

Yes, it's expensive and if you can't afford to go there, don't. But don't make nasty remarks
about those who can. It's well worth its cost.

Oh, and one other wonderful thing. There are times when no children under 13 are allowed.
That's great for those of us who want real peace and quiet. But there are also times when
little children are welcomed and a great number of special activities are available for them. So
if you want a child-free experience or if you want to bring little ones, best to check the schedule.

I do have one, not really a complaint, but a suggestion that the outdoor pool not be heated.
The large spa pool is heated so I think the outdoor pool would be much more comfortable to
swim in if it were a tad chilly at first. At least in the hot summer months.

I thank Vincent and Fatima, among other kind staff members, for a most magical time.

Room Tip: I had a tour of some rooms. They are all different, beautiful. For the ultimate rustic, luxury, t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

It is amazing, it is spectacular, it is Richard Branson!
We were touring Atlas out of Marrakech, and wanted to see Kasbah Tamadot.
And we were happy to experience it, although rather briefly. The lunch was typical Morrocan, nothing very special. It only got cold very fast, due to quite strong breeze.
The visitors (like ourselves) eat and are honoured to enjoy the opportunity to watch the guests lying around the pool beneath. One gets the feeling of being in the theatre audience. The hotel is extremely expensive. Check out their web site. Now, who wants to pay that price to be in the middle of nowhere, with nothing much to do but to eat and plunge into the swimming pool?
The personnel showed us around. The new part of the hotel consists of number of luxurious tents, but all of them were occupied and we could not see any of them.
The best we could think of is of some New Yorker, Wall Street yuppies, looking for exotic, expensive and reflecting vacation.
If you're one of them get there this moment! Otherwise, have a drink at the bar, and proceed around to nearby Berber villages for reality grounding.

Room Tip: Sorry, cannot help.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

There are no words to describe how amazing this hotel is. Nothing I say will justify the picturesque beauty and the calm that comes over you on this property. We stayed in one of the tented villas and it was amazing. The view was stunning, the room was beautiful, and the bathroom was to die for! The pool is pretty small and is basically a plunge pool, but their main pool is so beautiful, so we spent most of our days lounging around there. We stayed for four nights on our honeymoon and wanted to extend another four, and they were SO accommodating. There was a chance we had to switch to another tented villa and we were told they would take care of all the arrangements, but in the end we didn't have to. The staff is also THE BEST. They're so kind, helpful, and always smiling. They had a cocktail event where we got to interact with the staff- the F&B manager was amazing, along with his wife. What we loved the most was every night they had something different set up for us- some sort of a themed night, or dinner in a different setting, cocktails by the smaller pool- you just never got bored because every day was a different experience. Truly a wonderful experience in a beautiful setting!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong here, but the tented villas were totally worth the splurge.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

No words or pictures can describe how wonderful this place is. We had a truly amazing stay and would love to return one day. The list of what makes this place so magical is very long, but worth an extra mention is the staff. They couldn't do enough for us during our stay and we felt very welcome and spoilt.
We stayed in one of the berber tents and I would recommend these rooms to anyone thinking of staying here. Sitting on our private terrace watching the stars come out was very special. I have never seen stars like it!
We loved the food and the wine selection was excellent. The waiters were very good at recommending wines to go with the food. I would also urge any guest to try the hammam or a massage, the spa facilities were lovely.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We booked to stay at the Kasbah Tamadot for a week in early March. On arrival the staff couldn't have been more attentive and immediately offered us drinks whilst our cases were taken to the room. The room (which we were given a free upgrade to) was stunning - it had its own 2 private terraces with amazing 360 degree views of the mountains, a luxurious bathroom with huge bath and a well stocked FREE minibar. The pool area was lovely and because March is quite a low season, we tended to have it basically to ourselves! Its also definitely worth walking up past the pool to where they keep the camels and goats - the man looking after them was very keen to 'introduce us' to all the animals. We took one of organised day trips biking with a guide - which I think was my best bit of the holiday. The guide was excellent and we went off on some brilliant paths with outstanding views and through some traditional Berber villages (lots of photo opportunities!). We also took a day trip down to Marrkech - a complete change to where the hotel is based - Marrakech is fast paced, busy and thriving with stalls, souks and people - well worth a visit - I recommend booking in for a spa treatment when you get back though! We had a traditional couples Hammam, which I can highly recommend. The only few down sides to this holiday were; lunch - it was the same menu every day and there was only about 4 or 5 options on it. Also if you opt for just a B&B basis, it becomes tricky not to end up eating at the hotel anyway as it is in a pretty remote setting with the nearest village being 4km away. Whilst this isn't a cheap holiday from the get go, be warned - food and day trips at the Kasbah mount up and it can quickly become very expensive! But all in all it was a wonderful trip and the staff were very friendly and keen to help.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Kasbah Tamadot? Share your experiences!