“Seriously disappointing! In fact pretty down-right Awful.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kasbah Tamadot

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asni
Kasbah Tamadot
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BP 67, Asni 042150, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Asni
United Kingdom
“Seriously disappointing! In fact pretty down-right Awful.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in May for our anniversary and apart from the location, views and outdoor pool, I have to say it was really poor. Had looked forward to it for quite some time but came away feeling completely tucked up. From having to pay for the welcome drink to being told that the food inclusive package we booked didn't exist. To having 4 tv and dvd combos brought to the room over 5 hours before they found one that actually worked. Only 3 DVDs in the so called library (it was pouring with rain)and no sat tv just 2 english language news channels. We unable to book a spa treatment the whole time we were there, Expensive low rate food . A room door that didn't lock. A shower head that poured out of the back and very little out of the seive bit. Being charged for a cup of coffee because we missed breakfast by 5 minutes. I was absolutely astonished at the total lack of what you would call basic hotel housekeeping and hospitally skills. For instance when I booked I asked if there was anything special that we could do to mark our anniversary (London suggested eating in a special outdoor place, but to book this when there). The weather was to cold and wet when we asked there. On the evening of our anniversary in the restaurant, nothing not even a mention of congrats or anything. I wasn't expecting any freebies or anything. But a card under our door in the morning to say 'happy anniversary, anything we can do to make your special day better...' would have been nice. Both London and Morocco where told it was our anniversary but nothing. I mentioned all our grievances (there were several more than listed here. Just stuff not quite right for a perceived top end hotel) to the assistant manageress the day after (the manageress was too busy to speak with me). She sent 2 glasses of champagne up to our room later but it was a bit late by then.

The place is supposedly filled with Indian Antiquities, most of which was just junk that you would have been embarrassed to give to the local charity shop (shabby chic it is not) The rest of the hotels decor was like staying at Victorian Seaside hotel that had had a cat lick makeover in the 90's . Our room bill was all wrong and we had expenditures on it we hadn't had (inc spa treatments!) And took several hours at reception on our departure morning to resolve and got some serious attitude for. The manageress had a couldn't give a crap attitude and seemed to think that she was gods gift because her experience to run a so called top level hotel was working as an air hostess for Virgin Atlantic for a couple of years. I did discuss our disappointments with another girl there also ex cabin staff (think assistant manager) who seemed to be a bit more clued up - but she angered me by saying that 'Richard' was trying his best and was slowly doing the place up. Imagine if you went to a half finished Four Seasons and got told that the company was doing its best and slowly getting there whilst charging top dollar nobody would be impressed. But somehow we all supposed to think it's OK for Billionaire (changing the world) Richard Branson to do so. So not... And having had a couple of decidedly iffy flights in his cattle pen business class recently. I would suggest the V brand is not a patch on what it once was. If you are thinking that Kasbah Tamadot is going to be old Moroccan Kasbah meets Airport Clubhouse think again... Maybe the Hilton Metropole Brighton with sun and minus TV and hospitally training might be a better comparison.
I know that Richard wants to employ local people in the hotel and I commend him for that. But he really must make sure that they have undergone some hospitality training before working in a perceived high end establishment. When I pay upwards of £650per night for accommodation I have a certain level of expectation, which was fallen a long way short of here.
I did eventually speak with the manageress before leaving who did somewhat reluctantly apologise and told me that she would get London to give me a call when we got home. Many months on nothing.
Once again we had so looked forward to this trip. But by the end couldn't wait to leave. A real shame because it could be brilliant (what I was expecting).
Have heard several other people say less than complementary things about the hotel too.

Room Tip: For a lot less than the cost of staying here you could stay somewhere truly fantastic. Think about...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
VLELondon, General Manager at Kasbah Tamadot, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
I am so sorry to hear of your disappointment following your visit earlier this year and offer my sincere apologies that you felt we failed to address the issues sufficiently during your stay or indeed afterwards. If you’d like to contact me at a convenient time or kindly advise how I may get in touch with you then I’d very much like to chat to you further to make amends.

Kind regards
vincent.padioleau@kasbahtamadot.virgin.com

440 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

As my wife and I stayed here in November I couldn't help but think to myself that this has to be the best hotel I've ever been to, and possibly high on the annual lists of best in the world. As the grounds and amenities and the services unfolded before us, it was actually quite thrilling to be a guest there. And I thought that maybe we didn't want to return to a frantic Marrakech, which was on our itinerary, as this place was so peaceful and removed from that heightened sensory blitz.

The little things, as well as the big things, were all perfect at Tamadot. The staff was excellent -- they knew who you were immediately, where you were coming from, and what you were doing. They did their homework and that makes an impact on a weary traveler.

The rooms, the decor, the scenery, all were spectacular. The entire place was obviously decorated with love, and by someone who put a lot of thought into it. As you wander through the different private havens like the library or the billiards room, or the reflecting pool area, you are struck with how amazing the place is. Each room has a little fire going to keep you warm, and a staffer will soon show up to offer a drink or two. My wife and I enjoyed the library at night, all to ourselves, curled up on the sofa with a great drink from the bar and a nice fire going.

The heated pool and jacuzzi were excellent, as were the spa and all of the dining spots. Lunch on the terrace in the warm November sun, overlooking the valley and the snow-capped Atlas Mountains was a daily treat we will never forget.

When we return to Morocco, we're heading straight here and not messing around with any other hotel. We stayed at two other hotels on this trip, big names at that, and they didn't come close to this one. It's obvious that this guy Branson is out to make a mark in this industry, and judging by this property, well played Branson ... well played.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Just stopped in for lunch. What a beautiful property. Delicious fun cocktails and the gazpacho was spectacular. We also had the cream of celery soup which really rocked. I totally recommend stopping in when you are nearby.

• Stayed December 2012
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in the villa of Amizmiz at Kasbah Igoudar and decided to have a Spa day at Kasbah Tamadot. It was an amazing experience. We started by having lunch at the terrace restaurant followed by a nice Hammam, which was a very unique experience. We moved on with a relaxing massage in a room with a view of the Atlas Mountains. After our massage, we went to have some Bellini’s at the Jacuzzi with amazing 360-degree views.

We ended our day with a dinner at a different restaurant on the roof of the Kasbah. The setting was great. However, the food quality was very poor but the desserts were very tasty. The ambiance of the evening restaurant was boring and, you could hear a pin drop. I felt as if I was in a library and needed to whisper at all times. I would go back for the spa only, the amazing products and the astonishing surroundings.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Slough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This is a little oasis in the mountains and such a de-stressing place. Rooms are beautiful in design and great views from every angle outdoors. Lunch and breakfast were outstanding, really recommend the tagines. Dinner one night was a little disappointing a BBQ night and some food was overcooked some under if I am being picky and honest.
Great spa offerings, not the cheapest but excellent and worth the treat. Staff are fabulous and I would certainly return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
VLELondon, General Manager at Kasbah Tamadot, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable time and will be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the entire team. Regarding the Barbeque-so sorry for this and we appreciate your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kasbah Tamadot in the future.
Kind regards
FRANCE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

To start with the positive, one hour drive from Marrakech and you are in the high Atlas. The kasbah is beautiful and well decorated. We had a berber tent which was very comfortable, warm, with a stunning view of the village on the opposite river bank. The hotel had many guest which was nice as we were in November and some hotels are almost empty. The swimming pool is very nice and heated. We really enjoy the breakfast and diner.

However, we had a very high expectation on the service, for 2 reasons: the price are high for Morocco and of course as this is a Branson property, which should be synonyms to high quality service. We are use to fly Virgin Atlantic Upper Class and this was what we there expecting the service to be like... Did not happen! The service was average and we had a series of little problems: front door did not lock, turn down service not done, floor of the bathroom not very clean... animal dropping all over in the morning in the path to go to the main building.
The gym need also an upgrade.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
VLELondon, General Manager at Kasbah Tamadot, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback; we value your comments and I can assure you that these are being discussed with the entire team to help us continue to improve in the future. We take great pride in the service we provide our guests and I’m sorry that in this case we let you down during your stay.

If you’d like to return to Kasbah Tamadot in the future then please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure that your stay is memorable for all of the right reasons.

Kind regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

If you want to rest, it's the perfect place! Great resort, high in the Atlas Mountains, clean air with great views. The staff is very pleasant, the food is excellent, and lots of things to do. We did some trekking, go to the spa (do try the Tradition package, which includes the Hammam and a massage), try the gym, and spend a lot of time catching sun by the pool.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kasbah Tamadot? Share your experiences!