“One to many BAD experience's” 2 of 5 stars

345 Argyle Street South, Caledonia, Ontario, Canada
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Argyle St. Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 37 restaurants in Caledonia
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haddington
Caledonia, Canada
“One to many BAD experience's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We live in the small town and have ate out here often, 10x
Good food 75% of the time
Service absolutely terrible, 95% of the time
Seems every time we come here theres all new wait staff, looks like they have a very high turnover rate, never the same faces, even the managers
Would not recommend bringing small children as this restaurant is unwilling to accommodate for them,
We will not be coming back here anymore,,

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Hagersville, ON
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

It's place has been a fabulous spot for our family to eat since it changed ownership. There are so many delicious choices on the menu and I've not been disappointed yet. I do recommend reservations for Friday or Saturday nights or you'll be waiting awhile to get seated. Glad that we've moved to town and the restaurant is now walking distance from our house!

Caledonia, Canada
“Best Restaurant in the Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The decor is gorgeous, the food is amazing and everytime we go we are never disappointed.
I love the patio seating. The introduction of the tapas menu was wonderful!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canada
“Good menu and great tasting food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

In the past have not been crazy about this place. Love the Location and the Atmosphere so I keep trying it. But now it has new owners ....again!
I always try it a couple of times when they have new owners to get a good idea if I like it and have been disappointed in the past with the food. NOT THIS TIME! These new owners have a good chef and are doing things right. They are buying locally if possible and only the best. The food tastes very good and that brings me back. A little pricey for lunch so only go occasionally.
Thursday night they have a complimentry Mussel Bar, I only went to this once. The mussels were tasty but they only gave you a tiny bowl to fit about 3 mussels in it, so you had to keep lining up if you wanted more. Then, when you seen the size of the mussels inside the shell we laugh. They were the size of my baby fingernail. So wasnt worth the repeated line ups. I guess the mussels brought in the customers because it made it so crowded and busy it took away from the usual atmosphere. Also this night was the first time I didnt enjoy the food as much. The cooks may have been overworked or something because the quality and quantity of food seemed to drop. I will never go on a Thursday again for supper, but well worth the drive any other day.
I Had The philly Beef the other day for lunch. Very tasty but they scimped on the beef and filling. My friend had a rueben before and if was good and full of meat.
Watch if you sit outside too! We had to move once because too many Birds in the trees above the tables. One table had an accident on it, so we moved inside. FOOD TASTES GREAT THOUGH!
Glad these owners took over the space.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Selkirk, Ontario Canada
“Better Now”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We haven't been here since it's changed again and I have to say the changes were good this time. Last time the service and food was sub par but this time the service was friendly and capable and the food was delicious. Our only complaint was it was a little slow, even though for most of the time we were the only patrons in the restaurant, but the food was good and plentiful when it did arrive.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere