“What a perfect stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Auberge Du Redier

Hotel Auberge Du Redier
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colomars
Hotel Auberge Du Redier
06670 Colomars, France   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Colomars
“What a perfect stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at this beautiful hotel last weekend. There were 8 of us, the management and staff were so accommodating to make sure that our stay was the best. I highly recommend this hotel. If you want to escape from the every day toils of life and just chill and relax then this is the place to be. Truly a french gem hidden away from the south of france.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the fifteenth time I think that I have holidayed here. I guess I must think it perfect ....which I do.
If you are looking for something lively and where English is spoken then dont go here. However if you want a beautiful small very French auberge with superb food and impeccable friendly service then give it a go.
Its not cheap ....but I think good value.
I think that there are about 40 rooms,some with a balcony and pool view and others ground floor,the rest have a mountain view I think.Spotlessly clean and with beautiful white cotton sheets,tv (no english channels)plus kettle and a fridge. The rooms I have had dont have air conditioning however for me this just adds to the charm.
I have taken my son there since he was a baby and he is now 13....they have always always welcomed him.
The pool is wonderful, cushions and beds,umbrellas and tables are all there (with no charge or any of the putting towels on to reserve) It is unheated but wonderful for diving and swimming in.
Meals are generally taken outside when the weather is warm, White umbrellas and whit candles and flowers are on the tables. The gardens are green and lush and have lots of citrus trees with fruit on them.
Food is very French and service excellent,the owners always come around to your dinner table asking how your day was and if dinner is good.
Waiters are French with the exception for the past few years of Raj who is a young Indian waiter who is fluent in English and is gentle polite and cannot do enough to ensure that everything is perfect.
The hotel is located in the hills above Nice about 25 mins from the Promonade Anglais. The road up is very very winding but so worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the Pool
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

If you want to escape the bedlam of Nice try this hotel / restaurant. The hotel we did not try but saw rooms and looked good. The restaurant has a lovely quiet setting and the service excellent. Prices very reasonable with good selection of wines and interesting menu. Great waiter by the name of - Raj, he will get stolen one day!!

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We enjoyed a lovely meal at this restaurant. The ravioli with cepes has to be the best ravioli in the world.... we've never had better. The duck breast poivre was divine and the creme caramel dessert delicious (but unnecessary!). The service could have been a bit better but didn't diminish from a wonderful evening. The price was excellent, given the quality of the food.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

We were booked in for 6 nights after a week in Italy. I'm sure of madam who runs this hotel could find it in herself to be friendly and interested in her clients it would be a lovely place to stay....the rooms are small, spotlessly clean but very basic and the bed was not comfortable. The restaurant food was of the heavy French type that belongs to the 1980's and was often overcooked. Service was not good from the moment we arrived, if you have a bar in your estanblishment it is usually a good idea to staff it, On two nights out of 3 they did not have the wine we ordered, on one night we ordered a wine costing over 40 euros, the waiter brought it, opened it, poured a bit for my husband to taste and then just walked off....not what I expect in a 3 star hotel. Each evening monsieur wandered into the dining room dressed in baseball cap, and shirt outside his scruffy trousers looking as if he was off to dig the garden...certainly didn't behave as if he took pride in his business. The highlight of our stay was when I was told off by madam for taking the key out with me (please and thank you missing from her vocabulary). We did not stay the full length of time we were booked for and decamped to another hotel as soon as possible.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Empoli - Toscana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We choose it on LogisDeFrance looking for a place allowing pets.
It is located in a small town at 20 Km from Nice.
The area is quiet, good for resting, giving the possibility to reach Nice and Cote D'Azur in a very short time.
Good hotel with a very good restaurant.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Auberge Du Redier? Share your experiences!