“A little slice of Island Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

You added Le Vasa Resort to your Saves list
Le Vasa Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   West Main Beach Rd, Cape Fatuosofia, Upolu, Samoa   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cape Fatuosofia
“A little slice of Island Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

What can I say, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Le Vasa, and your about to hear why!

As we drove up to Le Vasa you enter a tropical jungle sanctuary, the gravel path leading through the resort to the reception area provides a wonderfully serene vista leading you to the main complex. Waves of warm relaxation as your drive deeper into the magnificent gardens.

I must admit I was quite excited and we hadn't even checked in yet! We were greeted by the manager, a wonderfully warm and welcoming lady! She brought smiles to our faces and made the experience of checking in like we were checking into her home. Ever so welcome and ever so happy to have us arrive. (I knew we were going to love staying at Le Vasa!)

We were a tad early to check-in as our rooms were still being cleaned, however we had been given full access to the facilities and invited to take a drink at the bar. You don't need to tell me twice ;o)

The grounds are wonderful, a lot of care and pride has gone into the architecture of the grounds and gardens, and are beautifully maintained. The diversity of the tropical flora touches you and is quite an immersive experience leading to relaxation and peace.

The pool is lovely, and enjoys full sun for those wanting to work your tan lines, and the bar is a stone throw away. A games room is just off to the side of the bar and the pool with pool table and television were we caught up many times for a drink and a few rounds of pool in the evening.

Our rooms were gorgeous, fly screens on all windows (so nothing gets in, not that you need to worry about that at Le Vasa). The room was well ventilated, in fact we opened up all the windows to get that lovely sea breeze blowing through, there is aircon however I prefer nature to air conditioning (I've left the office for a reason!)

Comfortable beds, Samoan decor, and hygienic facilities which face a wondrous expanse of ocean. You guessed it, the water is that clear you see a myriad of aquatic life swimming past as if you were not there. Sleeping in the Oceanvilla's revitalises your mind and soul ready for a day of exploring which we were set to do.

The restaurant has an excellent selection of local and European foods and the warm and welcoming staff care for you every need with a smile. Please show them your manners they are wonderful people please show them your gratitude with a smile and conversation :)

If you need assistance with any tours or things to do, please engage with staff they are friendly and more than happy to get you to where you need to go.

But on the WiFi.. Ok so I relax by being connected, I know, I'm sick and addicted. Le Vasa use Lavaspot which you can find around the island at various place, its fast and efficient and good value for money. Yep my Facebook friends were probably getting sick of all the amazing photos I kept uploading ha ha! Poor them :P

A note on day passes, 20 Tala grants you access to the pool, beach and other facilities. We actually stopped in while waiting for our flight back home as we had an evening flight, everyone was so happy to see us return, so a quick long island ice tea and we hit the road once again.

In closing, this boutique resort is worth every Tala, the staff are truly amazing and the one of the nicest things I felt was you feel like family, your are home when you are at Le Vasa.

Thank you for so many good memories, and look forward to saying with you again!

All the best, and please keep well, lots of love,

Reece and Ben from New Zealand

our check-in was seamless. We did arrive a tad early to check-in however

Room Tip: Just do it! You will not be let down
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you Ben & Reece we too believe here at Le Vasa Resort we have a little slice of island paradise! Wow what can I say, just a stunning review, thank you so much for thoroughly enjoying your stay at Le Vasa Resort! Thank you for all your comments, about the excellent food, warm and welcoming staff, gorgeous rooms, comfortable beds, and wonderful grounds. Thank you for saying the resort is worth every tala, we are pleased you found value for your money and that the staff were truly friendly, often we shed a few tears when our guests depart, as they have become part of our family. These reviews help us so much, to encourage us to continue doing our best, help us improve on what we don't realize and to know people really appreciate all our love and effort. Our goal is to be the highlight of all of our guest's holiday stay at Le Vasa Resort. We hope that our guests have fond memories of us, that they can share their experience about Samoa and the resort with their friends and family. Finally, we hope we have made a good impression our guests so that they will return to our beautiful country the treasured islands of the South Pacific, Samoa. Alofa, from Le Vasa Resort, I will be sure to ready your glowing review to the staff at the next meeting. Thank you Ben and Reece!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My partner and I just returned from a 5 night stay at La Vasa. This is a beautiful and well maintained small resort. Because of the small size there is a very personal intimate atmosphere which makes it ideal for couples. Not so good for solo travellers or families. Everything was well organised. We stayed in an ocean front Fale #7 which was beautiful. I think there are 8 Fales and a couple of Villa's all close to the water and with fantastic views. There are a couple of cheaper garden rooms, but it is well worth paying a bit more for the separate Fales. As you will see from other posts Susan is mentioned a lot, I think her role is quite unique to this place and you certainly would not find someone like her in the bigger resorts. She is a gem. She greets everyone like family, has good advise on what to do and can organise just about anything. On Friday night at about 6pm we thought it would be a good idea to hire a car the next day. She organised all this no dramas, the car which was excellent, was delivered next morning, 3 minutes paper work and we were off for the day. Apia is about 1 hour away or $70 tala in a taxi - so we could have wasted half a day trying to organise this ourselves. All the staff are incredible friendly. The food was excellent, for my partner the highlight of Le Vasa. The only downside to Le Vasa is that it doesn't have a beach although there is a little area which has sand and you can swim from when the tide is in.

Room Tip: The ocean front Fales are best.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about our resort, we do our best keep the resort well maintained and enjoy making it beautiful place for everyone to enjoy. We do have an intimate ambiance and it is ideal for couples, we sometimes get solo travelers and families and they too enjoy our environment and oceanfront fales, I do think it is a personal preference not everyone wants a large noisy resort, if so they can pop down the road and come back to relax. We do have less expensive room for budget travelers and yes it is well worth it if your budget can afford the oceanfront fales. thank you for mentioning Susan she's a gem! Thank you for saying the highlight of Le Vasa is the excellent food, the Kitchen staff and Andre will be so pleased that you commented about them. We hope to see you again one day lots of alofa from Le Vasa Resort, Fa'afetai Lava!
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed two nights at le vasa. The staff made us feel so welcome and made us feel at home. In particular miriama at the bar provided many laughs as did susan the The taxi driver. The fale overlooked the water and was nicely decorated. I would consider this a boutique resort due to its size and being a little bit less modern then the larger resorts...but this is what gives it its charm. The beach is not really swim able ..id go to the south coast beaches for that. If you can't afford to stay the night I highly recommend the day pass which gives you use of the facilities which is 20 tala a day. I would recommend this place rather than Aggies which I found to be highly impersonal. I lool forward to staying a le vasa again :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
We are so pleased you thought our staff was friendly and our location is close to the airport. Miriama and Susan will be happy to hear you mentioned them! We are glad that you enjoyed our Oceanfront fales. Yes we do try and make the resort more boutique style rather than commercialized. Actually we have extended an arm behind the Malietoa Monument and it has created two hidden lovely coves to swim out from, so not the magnificent beaches like the South coast, although so lovely to see the fisher men and boats go past during the day from our charming place. Thank you for recommending our Day passes to use our facilities anything while you visit or waiting for your flight! We look forward to your stay again one day as well be sure to view our face book page for any updates and specials.
thank you for your lovely review.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My first night i arrived was the night of cyclone evan. It did alot of damage. Now the management were very informative to start with , they put on a lunch the next day for the patrons and kept us informed . Due to the power being knocked out we had the generator on for 3hrs a day to charge up electronic devices. Because of the damage caused by the cyclone i was moved to another fale . When my time was up atthe resort i asked about how the other part of the island was where i was supposed to move to as part of my itinary , i was informed that it was worse off and i should stay on. When i referred to the rate i was told it was to be full rate , even though i had been moved into a lesser value accomadation to the one booked and the facilities were struggling. Fortunatly my family came through from the other side and let me know that our hotel was none the worse.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Patrick was booked here at Le Vasa resort with his friends and family for a wedding that was cancelled due to cyclone Evan. His room was completely flooded out and he refused to go, we told him we had to relocate him into a safer room, which was better and more expensive, we provided all his meals and most drinks for free for 3 days which is not included in our rates. People tend to forget what we actually did, we delivered breakfast and lunch to all our rooms on the first day and the other 2 days all of our guests joined together in our reception for breakfast, lunch and dinner until our restaurant was up and running again. Our generator was shut off for 3 hours a night from 2 am to 5 am to save diesel as their was a limited supply. Most of the island was devastated by the cyclone. No communication, no power or water for several weeks in the country we had water trucked in and used our cell phones for communication. We did not know the state of any other property only what people had told us, we did not advise people to stay or go. We had another wedding planned on Saturday December 15, 2012 which we did manage to celebrate with a huge effort from the staff after the devastation. Our Staff worked around the clock for 3 days straight to get the resort back up and running again. Most rooms were already pre booked for this event and since so many hotels were effected more people needed accommodation and most rooms were full.
When Patrick booked he received a discounted rate and was in our lead in room, we do not recall him requesting to stay longer or discussing price point. Very few guests helped or even offered to to pay for anything, I believe we were extremely generous and informative and kept people safe and well looked after such a stressful and difficult time when we lost so much in this country. I am unclear why we did not receive some credit for our efforts and a sense of appreciation for all that we did for our guests.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

A group of us stayed here on our last day to be closer to the airport. For $20Tala you have access to all facilities which includes the swimming pool, a shower, day visitors lounge which has a pool table, TV and two couches, and the restaurant and bar. The front reception area was quite dark and ceiling fans weren't on. Our bags were in storage and were pretty safe. The pool was nice and is quite deep, but it could have done with a bit of a clean as there were lots of bugs floating in it, and the water looked like there was an oily residue on the surface of it. Food was nice, but very expensive. I was told that my 15 month old son would be free when talking to the lady on the phone, but then when I went to pay I saw that I was charged $10tala for him. I didn't mind though. Manager was really nice. The fans in the day lounge were on low, so it was really hot in there. I asked one of the workers to turn it on full speed and he did so that was good. If you are a day visitor you must be out of there by 10pm, but can check in at about 10am I think. It will pay to ring them to check.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We are happy your group enjoyed your stay here, I believe you were 10 teachers visiting the country and for your last day wanted a place to wait until you departed late that evening.
We were happy to accommodate you and did inform your group of our prices prior to your arrival.
Day visitors are allowed to use our facilities for a charge of $20 ST and an upgraded package of $40 ST per person. Children under 10 ST are charged half price. People usually relax in our lounge area, bar and restaurant rather than reception, mainly people just check in and out and store bags in the reception area. We are happy that the staff catered to your requests and you liked our manager. I believe it was rainy and windy on and off the day you were here some bugs or leaves will get into the outdoor pool. A large number of you were in the pool along with our own guests so, sometimes it's difficult to clean while people are swimming in it. During the high season May to October visitors are allowed to use our facilities from 7 am to 10 pm and low season November to May from 8 am to 9 pm. The Day pass is a great opportunity for guests as they do not have to pay large costs of another night to say in a comfortable environment. On our dinner menu we have items as low as $20 ST so really for the quality that we provide our prices are very good. I believe most of you stayed at the beach fales and price point can not be compared. For guests on a budget there are 2 shops down the road and a barbeque stand where you can buy food as well. thank you for your comments and hope to see you again in the future.
Apia, Samoa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Its a pretty, neat and peaceful resort on the quiet side of the island. The drive there aint too bad either compared to the long drive to the east coast side beaches. Enjoyed our weekend there. Food was fresh and cocktails were yum :) Would certainly visit again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for saying our resort is pretty, neat and peaceful. True we are on the quiet side of the island. We have a great location close to the international airport and and near the wharf that has ferries to Savaii island and yes much closer than the long drive to the east coast side beaches. We are please you enjoyed our weekend here. Thank you for saying our food was fresh and cocktails were yum :) We certainly look forward to your visit again with us at Le Vasa Resort.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at Le Vasa. We went to Samoa for my best friend's wedding, and while everyone else stayed at a more expensive place down the road, I wouldn't have stayed there for anything. Our room was beautiful, decorated with traditional Samoan crafts. We had a hot shower and an airconditioner, and a pool and the beach at our fingertips. The restaurant is very good, although it can be pricey at times, there are little convenience stores nearby for snacks if you need them.
Susan, and all of her staff are so very friendly and helpful. I really can't rate them highly enough. They took really good care of us the whole time, and were super friendly. Susan helped us with renting a car, lent us her phone when ours wouldn't work on roaming, and was just lovely. If you are going to Samoa for this level of comfort (and yes, there are no TV's or Internet, which was absolute bliss one week out from the Aus election) I would definitely pick this over the nearby alternative (which we visited a few times to help my friend get ready for her wedding, and was just like any hotel room you would find anywhere in the world - so not for us).
I can't recommend Le Vasa enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
nativemeannativegal, General Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for saying Le Vasa Resort is a proper escape, we are pleased you chose us over the resort down the road. We take pride in our rooms to ensure their beautiful and decorated with traditional Samoan crafts. Happy you enjoyed your hot shower, an air conditioner, pool and the beach at your fingertips. We are happy you though the restaurant is very good, nearly everything we use has fresh ingredients, good quality food costs a little more we care about what our guests eat. We have a variety of food and price points on the menu and on the specials board to suit all budgets. Thank you for pointing out there are little convenience stores nearby for snacks if guests need them.
Thank you for saying Susan, and all of her staff are so very friendly and helpful and that you really can't rate them highly enough. I am happy to hear the staff took really good care of you the whole time, and they were super friendly; that Susan helped you with renting a car, lent you her phone and was just lovely. Thank you for recommending Le Vasa Resort and we look forward to your return one day.

Been to Le Vasa Resort? Share your experiences!