“Overly fancy and a bit pricey” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 137 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Pasta, Grill
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Bunbury, Australia
“Overly fancy and a bit pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This is no cheap local eatery but a standard restaurant that could be anywhere in the world. The food was tasty and very pretty but not exactly generous. Prices were on the high end and similar to standard Aussie prices. Drinks aren't cheap either.

Service was patchy (we were a big group) but friendly. We asked for the sweets menu which arrived but no one came for the orders so we went without.

Manager_Red_Snapper, Public Relations Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Dave_WA068,

Thank you for your review, we were happy to hear that your experience was mostly agreeable. Your positive comments regarding our restaurant offer will be shared with the Team.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With Warmest Regards,

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Derbyshire, England
“Good meal, nice atmosphere-a bit rushed though”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall this was a good tasty, well presented meal..I especially liked the dessert symphony & the chocolate pave was excellent. My only criticism is that the meal felt rushed. The first course arrived speedily as did the second. It was left to us to attract the waitress attention for dessert so at least we were able to slow it down a bit. On arrival We were advised there was no white snapper. I asked for a cocktail which contained basil seeds to be told they weren't serving that one. When we retired to the lounge after the meal I ordered a cocktail with rosemary in it to be told they weren't serving that one either! The cocktails I did order instead were only average. However, I would recommend for the food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Markinch, United Kingdom
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Enjoyed the food we had here. Not fantastic or awesome but good and tasty. They have a no smoking area well away from the smoking part of the restaurant which makes a lovely change from having to struggle with cigarette smoke whilst eating.

Very clean and reasonable prices and we will visit again during our next trip to Samui.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dubai
“Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The food here is truly amazing, I started with the halloumi cheese, which was so yummy and so many flavours (in some ways quite a bland cheese) but the taste was fantastic. For my main course I had Rib Eye steak which with the trio of sauces was wonderful but really not needed as the steak was so juicy. The dessert was too hard to choose so I had the dessert symphony which really didn't disappoint especially the lemon pie wow!!! I had two glasses of wine which were lovely but I would have liked them poured out in front of me so I could check it was the actual wine I wanted but that was a small gripe. Overall, an amazing find in a rather scruffy part of Koh Samui.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I went there because I was staying at the Regent resort next door.
It was advertised as French/asian fusion restaurant. As I am French I wanted to eat something close to my culture and yet very local. well, having a French Chef does not it all, I took Scalop and shrimps as an appetizer. it was OK but nothing much. Then came the main course. I took the lamb, slowly cooked for 6 hours. Well maybe they should review the time, it was the driest lamb I had ever ate.

I had 2 glasses of wine. total of my bill, 50 Euros. I am fine with paying this in Thailand, as long as the standards of a good restaurant are restaurant met.

on a good note though, I had a cocktail the light before there, it was very good. good things need to be mentioned.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere