My husband & I stayed at the Dara earlier this year.
It had just opened a few months earlier so it was still in perfect condition.
Like most hotels on Chaweng beach, the Dara is narrow & long. So whilst its not the most spacious nor the most luxurious, it's definitely clean, fun, with an easy going character that is perfect for families, groups of friends, and older couples.
Its' location is also splendid, right in the middle of Chaweng and just walking distance from lots of great restaurants.
The rooms are very cosy & cute, bathrooms are nicely decorated.
Breakfast is served a la carte, which is actually great if you want to minimize the overall damage :)
The staff are helpful & pleasant, happy to hear our concerns/requests. I would surely recommend the dara samui to friends.
A note on some restaurants around the island:
Most of the food on this island is exquisite in every way; the short dara breakfast will be the least of your worries. It's worth picking up a copy of the Samui Dining Guide for a recent update on all the great spots.
We particularly enjoyed Olivio's, Kantara (right next door to dara), eat sense, green olive, and also another great italian place right across from the dara's entrance is Prego. Ark Bar on the beach down the road is also quite fun for a quick sunny lunch.
We would have loved to go to Zazen for dinner but apparently you have to book quite a while in advance. However, the place is infamous amongst foodies so I would assume it deserves the fuss.
Another place worth booking early is the brazillian night at Zico's, the brazilian spot at the end of chaweng. Mostly for the terrific atmosphere but also for a change from thai food (after a while you start craving steak).
Having said that, we didn't like Andy's Steakhouse at all, it was really bad food & service, overall quite over-rated.
Nor did we like the Red Snapper either (although it had good live music at the time).
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly opened 5-star Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories in the heart of Chaweng Beach.Darasamui is Centrally located on the island's main beach called Chaweng. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.