“There's no place like home” 5 of 5 stars

You added Chaweng Garden Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chaweng Garden Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   162/8 Moo 2, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #35 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
“There's no place like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Well what can I say I stayed here at the beginning of my 18 month journey way back in 2001 and a few more times in between then, when we arrived there was a bit if confusion wether I'd booked or not but that was sorted. 13 nights I stayed here and was looked after very well from the maids who cleaned the room and espailly the bar staff with ME the gooner the bar captain looking after me well. I have nothing but praise for this place if you want a dip in the pool or a dip in the sea everything is on your doorstep along with the nightlife. Just planning my trip back there wether April for Songkram or May for my birthday it just can't come round soon enough. So a big big thank you to all the staff
Chelsea Reg

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Ma'ale Adummim, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

This hotel is located perfectly , quite at nights yet very close to the center of night attractions , it has an excellent morning buffet , and clear shore.
stuff are nice the room is clean nice shower , basically everything you need for a great vication!! very recommended.

The only bad thing was-
In the morning around 8 am there was Hammer knocking from a next hotel
not allowing you to sleep
probably some rooms are under construction.

Anther thing be aware that the hotel is located in the landing route of the samui air port , for us it didn't really bother

Room Tip: we took the superior room and it was enough for us. just be notice that this room is without a bath...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

From the day I arrived here I didn't want to leave. We were taken to our room in a buggy, staff were so friendly and took our bags straight to our room. We originally booked here for one night in a standard room (which is very standard - but nice), loved the resort and location sooooo much that we extended our stay an extra 2 nights (would have stayed longer but had to return home to work) and upgraded to a bungalow, which was so nice! The resort is on the main street in Chaweng (perfect location) but once you walk in you are surrounded by gardens and you can't hear the noise from the road. On the other side of the resort you walk straight out on to the beautiful beach with warm water... It has a great atmosphere you can just laze around all day. They do BBQ seafood dinner at night right on the beach.. I cannot speak highly enough of my time here, next time I go to Koh Samui this is where I will be staying. We had to change our flights (twice!!) and both times the reception staff contacted the airline for us to change it which was so nice and helpful of them. LOVE this place.

Room Tip: If you're a couple and don't mind spending a little extra - book a bungalow.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is absolutely quiet place in the middle of chaweng beach. very nice territory, pool, comfortable wooden sunbeds, pleasant restaurant. We lived in standard double room - it was clean, with good furniture, enjoyable bathroom. Manager on the reception gave us very good discount for 7 nights stay (about 300 baht from the price per night) They have luxury bungalows - I'd love to stay there next time. Looks very cozy.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

From the moment we arrived nothing went right. We were poorly received, there was no help to unload the bags, the reception itself was hard to find, and we had to wait to check check in. Finally when there was a space at the desk we were told that our three rooms would be in totally different buildings. As we were there for business, checking in at 5:30pm and leaving the following morning, we let the staff know that, that arrangement would not work. They immediately became very defensive, telling us that they were doing everything to their policy. It spiraled downhill from there, and we would have changed to another hotel if it weren't already so late and we were exhausted. We spoke to the reception, a supervisor and a manager by phone, but clearly service was not a priority for this hotel.
So we were forced to pay to upgrade rooms so we could all be in the same building. Left with the bad impression from the start, the remainder of the stay was tainted by their poor service. I had to have three different staff in my room to fix the blinds, the mirrors and glass were dirty, the towels had a nasty smell, and overall the impression was poor.
Next time I'm in Samui I'll find a hotel that prides itself on service.

• Stayed September 2012
Macao
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Good: Convenient location. BUT it is exactly under the flight path. But during my stay, I could still fall asleep though I am not the kind of person falls asleep easily.
Average: I stayed in the Garden bungalow, room design good-looking but not good to use. No place to put clothes, no seat/sofa, and room is vey dark. Maybe better to stay in the Superior room.
Bad: Room make-up service is below standard.

Room Tip: Try the Superior, garden bungalow is not that good at all.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
cape town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Chaweng Garden Beach Resort is the official name and it is so difficult to find on Trip Adviser as there are many other resorts with similar names. Be carefull as to compare the right one with the proper name and address, 162/8 M.2 T.Bophut. I found this resort on a travellers blog and it was a little complicated finding rewiews on Tripadviser as I think the names of the resorts are mixed up. Anyway....

Green with beautiful gardens, the odd lizard lurking around and I found a dead tiny snake hanging from the tree on the beach, so I moved to find shelter under an ambrella. Nature is good and the resort is kept very clean. The breakfast is good on the beach, beautiful.Lots of activity on the beach and very safe for kids. Has a natural reef so kids can wonder out for fifty odd meters and water will be shallow. Great for snorkling and lots of colourfull fish. Also has a Macdonalds and Burger king at the entrants of the resort thats safe for kids to eat not to upset the tummy's.

As for the night owls lots of Party places to keep one entertained. Resort is located very central smack bang in the middle of the action. Lots of restaurants, night markets, clubs, pubs and massage places to choose from. Safe to walk and not as hectic as Phuket. 200 Baht for a hour massage, dirt cheap, are offered at most massage places.

The staff are friendly and helpful. Will most certainly return to this resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Chaweng Garden Beach Resort? Share your experiences!