“WORSE RESORT EVER” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Briza Beach Resort

You added The Briza Beach Resort to your Saves list
The Briza Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   173 /22 Moo 2 | Bophut, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #61 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
4.0 of 5 stars 439 Reviews
Adelaide, Australia
“WORSE RESORT EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Where do I start when we arrived it took forever to get booked in. the room allocated to us wasn't what we expected. first morning there was no hot water & the bath was overflowing due to a leak in the pipes. when I rang reception to inform them they asked had I turned on the tap. there was no swim up bar the pools were green reported many times but to no avail. the phone in the room didn't work. the cleaners came in the room first thing in the morning & it didn't matter if you were still in bed they would start to clean. you couldn't turn the spa on yourself you had to ring reception & because of their poor English it could take up to 4 ph calls for them to know what you wanted. Some staff asked straight up for tips & in exchange they would look after you which I did not like. I would never recommend this place. unless you were wanting a 2 to 3 star place. Yes the rooms were large but that's all it had to offer.There is so much more I could say.

Room Tip: if you want beach view make sure your paper works states this
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
EAMSM, Executive Assitant Manager at The Briza Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
A resort or hotel will sometimes get a review so negative compared to the other reviews. We have to accept this. Please read our reviews on the whole and make your own decision.
The reviews that constantly describe our service and attention to detail. Staff being named as making peoples holidays. A review so negative and low marks does not fit with the huge majority of reviews. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Ko Samui, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

The resort is outstanding! Situated at a quiet part of chaweng, but still within walking distance from main street. So very relaxed. Also the personel is very kind and helpfull, especially Ken, the relationmanager, always around for advice on anything. Also the bartender Nay was very kind!

• Stayed January 2014
EAMSM, Executive Assistant Manager at The Briza Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Johnboy19690209,

Thank you for posting your exciting review of the Briza Beach Resort. We are very happy to notice that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed our location and great service. We highly appreciate your positive comments about our bar service and I will definitely share your feedback with our team members including Ken. We look forward to welcoming you back again next time you visit Thailand.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

I was at the Briza Resort over the New Years holiday, and had an absolutely wonderful time. The location is excellent, it is on a quieter stretch of Chaweng Beach, about 5-10 minute walk away from the busier sections of the shore. There is also a collection of tables overlooking the beach, which make a great setting for a lovely meal. I enjoyed the breakfast each morning, which is served in a spacious open-air dining room, also with views of the sea. Highlights include the eggs to order and a tasteful salad station. The rooms are quite impressive, and the overall atmosphere of the place is peaceful and relaxing. I also had the chance to meet a few of the staff members, including Miss Benz and Mr Ken. Miss Benz was exceedingly polite and genuinely interested in hearing how my stay had been. Mr Ken greeted me at breakfast every morning, asking how I had slept and what my plans were for the day. Having lived on the island for many years, he was very knowledgeable about a range of possible activities available, both on Samui and on neighboring islands. He was a great resource for helping me decide how to spend my time, and also offered to make any arrangements for me, so that I could be picked up and dropped off at the resort without worrying about a thing. The resort also has a kayak, paddleballs, and volleyball court, making it possible to have an active day without going anywhere else. The attitude of the staff I met was more like gracious hosts welcoming me into their home, rather than detached employees fulfilling their work duties. This really added to the enjoyment of my time there. All in all, it was a memorable time, thanks!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kevin d,

I am happy to see your positive feedback regarding Briza Beach Resort. Thank you very much for taking the time to share it with us.
We are sincerely proud you enjoyed your stay and our services. It is so nice to hear lovely comments. We do our best to make the guests feel at home and have a welcoming atmosphere. Our team greatly appreciates that you chose our hotel in Koh Samui.
We take pride in our location in the quieter section of beach and the views that it gives our guests for meals. Our front office staff are knowledgeable and enjoy helping you chose trips and activities during your stay.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel to enjoy another memorable stay.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

When we arrived we were immediately greeted by 3 staffers. They made the check in so easy.
When we were taken to our room (via buggy) they gave us a tour and explained everything, before leaving us for the evening.
The next morning we were supposed to check out, but we had such a great night that we extended our stay. This was no hassle for the staff.
The resort was kept in sublime condition.
The laundry service also made our life a lot easier.

The food was great.
The staff were so very helpful.
The room was amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim B

Thank you for the great review. It is a wonderful to hear that we gave you a great experience and you enjoyed your stay with us and was value for money. We feel first impressions are important and I am happy that you found check in comfortable and an easy process. I shall pass on your comments to the front office staff. A great stay for you with good food, room and service makes us here at Briza very happy. I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the near future.

Khartoum, Sudan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Its a very nice villa .
You have your own mini pool/jaccuzzi.
Living room...
The staff were overwhelming, friendly .. specially Ken, he went off his way to make sure we are comfortable. Sherry is also very nice and helpful.
She asked you what you want for breakfast....
I enjoyed my stay very much.

You can hear the beach from you villa, quiet, relaxing...

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Rayanati,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I am so please you had an enjoyalbe stay. Great to know you were so impressed wiht the Jaguzzi, living room and quited location made you more relaxing.
I shall pass you kind words on to Ken and Sherry.
We look forward to see you back in the near future.

Chanettee Petchnui.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Good food and drinks very clean beach, nice Thai staff .I want already come back to this hotel again soon. Mr. KenThe GRO is very helpful and doing a good job. I would like to say thank to him to show me around.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Kdoshim,

Thank you very much for sharing your experienced stay at the Briza. I shall pass your kind words on to Ken. Please do let us know when you come back and Ken and other staff will looking after you closely as before.

Executive Assitant Manager
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

From the minute I arrived at The Briza the staff were fantastic. Phatcha in particular took such great care of me throughout my stay. She went above and beyond her job description to ensure my stay was fabulous. I would definitely recommend The Briza to stay. Thank you so much.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
EAMSM, Executive Assiant Mananger at The Briza Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Rachel C,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on our service and choosing stay with us on your trip. We glad to have your feeback to show that you had a pleasant stayed.I have already passed your good comments on to Patcha, she is very happy to hear from you. Please come back to stay with us again for your next holiday.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to The Briza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!