OK. I got this small place suggested to me by a very good travel agent at the Hotel Viengthai near the Khosan Rd area of Bangkok (a great place too by the way). She suggested Chaweng Chalets so as I trusted her I paid up. THEN I read the reviews on here... stupid way around I know but anyway. I was a little apprehensive to say the least, but the bad reviews here are all quite old. What I can say is that since those reviews were written, they must have pulled their socks up quite a bit. The building works are all finished and I never heard a thing in my bungalow (and I was there just after New Year and during the Full Moon). The chalets are far enough away from the madding crowd to be quiet but near enough that you can find it all in about 5 minutes. The rooms themselves are large and clean - cleaned every day in fact (sheet and towels) There is a huge fridge, and a big separate area to sit and chill out. The TV is OK, though no DVD player. The bungalows are in a row at right angles to the beach, so no view, but you walk along them until you hit the beach (about 20 seconds). At the beach is a nice surprise (well not a surprise anymore, sorry) - there is a very cool bar area, with great music played by a visiting DJ every day. The music is cool and chilled - not loud teenage trash - and Wolfgang the owner is so laid back he is almost horizontal. The food is pretty good too. If you crave a swimming pool then you just nip next door - buy a drink there and they'll let you use it. Oh one last thing - the Thais there are really lovely and I haven't had a warmer welcome anywhere else. I paid 1750 baht for a bungalow - I wasn't in the haggling mood but you might get better if you tried harder than I did. Its completely safe and there is a huge padlock for your door. The rooms do smell a bit damp and you need to put the air-con on to get rid of it, but having stayed in many of these tropical places in this price range its par for the course. If you stay there in the bungalows you'll love it. If your a loud idiot who wants to get off your face and just annoy everyone, dont because you'll ruin it - go vomit somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the north of Chaweng Beach, just a few steps away from Chaweng''s bustling evening commercial center, 2- minute walk to Chaweng beach. Chaweng Chalet welcomes you to an oasis of tranquility in the heart of this holiday town. Facilities: Air-Condition Rooms, Beach Front, Car Rental, Laundry Services, Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Television In Rooms, Tour Counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chaweng Chalet Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Chalet Hotel Bophut
- Chaweng Chalet Resort Ko Samui, Thailand