“Nice Hotel in Samui” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Samui Island Beach Resort and Hotel

You added Samui Island Beach Resort and Hotel to your Saves list
Samui Island Beach Resort and Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   154/3 Moo 2, Chaweng Beach Road, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #73 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel in Samui”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Enjoyed my Stay at Samui Island Beach Resort. Here are my pros and cons:
Pros: Good Sized Rooms with Private Balcony
Friendly and Helpful Staff
Reasonably Priced
Good Restaurant and Infinity Pool
Five minute Motorbike ride to center of town

Cons: Beach is not great and you will probably go in pool instead of Ocean

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. In the future I might look for a place next to a nicer beach, but would also have no problem staying here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

There were a lot of mixed reviews about this place when we researched it. We were only staying one night so weren't too bothered by the negative ones....

Honestly some people expect WAY too much of some places - the resort was clean, staff were friendly, room was nicely laid out with air con, bath tub, shower and tv. It was a lovely place to stay for one night. Someone had commented that the beach was too rocky to swim in but that's not true at all, it was fine, just a little shallow.

The only downside to this place is the walk up a very steep hill to get back to the main road, but it does mean it's a lot quieter.

All in all, a lovely place to stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We have just spent two nights in this hotel while travelling around Thailand. Please save your money and stay somewhere else. There are many other resorts that are cheaper and much better than this one. We were given a bungalow in the garden which was just awful. See the pictures below. We had geckos and cockroaches in our room. Not surprising seeing the whole we had in the wall where the air conditioning unit was. The room was old with cracks everywhere. The bathroom was tired and the sink was not even straight. Considering this was low season and there were only around 5 couples in the whole hotel, they could have easily given us a nice room and it would have made our experience. The staff are pretty disinterested and the guy at the front desk just laughs at you if you mention anything.

The breakfast was pretty poor. One day the bread was so stale that even after toasting it it was still chewy. The second day they had some fruit which had flies all over it. There is no running juice that you can get yourself. I asked for a second glass and the girls was like you want tea coffee? I said no juice. She said water? I said no juice. They were so tight with it. Just stay somewhere else please. It's not worth it.
The hotel is also pretty far away from the main action. We timed the walk it was 20 minutes. And that's just to the start of the strip. It is the last hotel on the beach so actually there's not much beach there you have to walk somewhere else to chill on a beach.

Overall would not recommend and would not stay here. There were many hotels closer to the strip that were much cheaper.

• Stayed September 2012
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in August. Very disappointed by this hotel. We had booked a Deluxe Seaview Room. When we checked in I asked staff when the next full moon party was which they were advertising in reception but non of them had any idea. When we got to our room it was nothing like what we had booked. It was half the size, dark and dirty. We spoke to the manager and showed him the photo of the room that we had booked. To our disbelief we were told that the room that they show online is actually a "show room" and there is only one room like that it in the hotel! So its the luck of the draw if you get that room. They still charge the same per night for the room we were given. I argued with the manager that they can't charge the same rate per night for a totally different room which is smaller and of a much lower standard. He seemed to find the whole thing funny!! We were moved to another room which was slightly better and was told that we could have the room we had booked in two days time when the couple who had the room featured online had checked out! A totally rediculous situation. So we ended up having to move rooms 3 times during our stay.

The hotel breakfast was terrible! The only thing worth eating was the fruit and the toast. The so called hot food was left out for flies to land on it and was cold. It looked like yesterday's left overs. Bar and meal area dirty and untidy was cables, wires, old xmas decorations (in Aug) handing around. From what we could see of the kitchen it looked dirty and unorganised. The waitress who was there on a morning kept picking her nails and looked sick of her life! Its worth paying to eat breakfast in town. There's were plenty of places serving great full english/american breakfasts for around £4 each. Would even consider eating in the hotel on an evening.

Although the hotel is on the beach, its the last hotel right at the end and out of the way of anything.

We had previous stayed in Phuket for a few days previous in an exceptional hotel and spa which cost less per night that the Samui Island Resort!

The only good thing I have to say about this hotel is that they allowed us to keep our room until 7pm for an extra £20.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked by booking.com. My room on the second floor had a beautiful ocean view. The room was modern and the bed was very comfy. My room was also very clean and was made up by 1pm daily. The restaurant and the pool are closer to sea. Loved our barman! Funny guy. All staff really lovely and the food was excellent. The location is about 10 minute walking distance from town which suited me just fine

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed in the deluxe room for two nights, we found the room quite spacious, the bathroom new, the view from the balcony was fantastic! The staff didn't understand a lot of English, but we got by. The restaurant food was amazing! We had a great time here, and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

My stay started off well as the afternoon/evening concierge, Sky, was very helpful. The room was a good size, too, so I was pleased up until that point. As time progressed, I became less pleased. For example, the chamber maid barely cleaned our room. Yes, she made the beds, but the bathroom was still a mess, as evident by the spider web by the door and the mess on the counter. The balcony floor literally started breaking when I first stepped out onto it: pieces of broken floor tile flew up toward my face with every step I took. My first trip to the swimming was a poor one as I was told by a staff member there were no more towels. What made that worse was that he offered no solution: he immediately walked away after delivering me the bad news. As for the beach, it's only good for looking at. The beach is covered with sharp rocks, so don't bother wading in the water or trying to get out there for a swim. The only pleasant aspect of the place was its afternoon/evening concierge, Sky. Though I found his English quite weak for a hotel concierge, he did his best serve us within the limitations of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Samui Island Beach Resort and Hotel? Share your experiences!