“Best Kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Buri Rasa Village Samui

You added Buri Rasa Village Samui to your Saves list
Buri Rasa Village Samui
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11/2 Moo 2 Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Chaweng
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had a great time at Buri Rasa Village in Samui. It is not a big hotel - 32 rooms, which we prefer. The location on Chaweng beach is great. The service was excellent and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel also has a very good restaurant. Some nice extra touches - tea and eats in the afternoon, and a different taste snack around the pool/beach at lunch.
We will definitely return.
Ivor Haarburger.
South Africa

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
BRVSamui, General Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Ivor Haarburger,
Greetings from sunny Samui and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
We are very delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would welcome the opportunity to have you back in the hopefully not too distant future.
Whenever your travel plans take you to this part of the world again, please do send me a quick note and I would be happy to handle your arrangements personally.
In the meantime, let me wish you and your friends and family a peaceful and happy festive season and a healthy 2014.
With sincere regards,
Bernd

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

i had expected more from my visit in Buri Rasa
positive : are the breakfast, the little attentions all along the day from the staff in your room, cleaness of the room
choice of different pillows
negative : impossible to escape on the mosquitos in the room & everywhere in the hotel
pool is very small and u cannot swim if 2 other persons join u in the pool; the pool is also black color !!! even u open your eyes u don't see anything & the sides of the pool look like sand paper & u are easily hurter when u touch the walls
many , many noise from the hotels from both sides of the hotel; the one is a discotheque hotel who give hard music since the morning & the other notes is under construction

Room Tip: beds are only queen size, so sad
Dear chris v,
Thank you for your recent review.
We have noted your comments and rest assured that we will take appropriate action wherever possible. Feedback like yours is much appreciated indeed.
Wishing you and your family and friends a peaceful festive season and a healthy, happy 2014.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We are on our last night at Buri Rasi. We have had a fabulous week here, the staff are so friendly and always give you a warm welcome. The hotel room was perfect just want we wanted. A few reviews mention the noise from next door. The music is a little loud from next door in the day but it did not affect us, you just blank it out after a while, you shouldn't let it stop you visiting. I'd would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks Buri Rasa for a fab week.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 14 we had a spa pool only used a couple of times but it was nice to have it.
Dear Katetom2013,
Greetings from sunny Koh Samui and thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.
I am very happy to learn that you have enjoyed your recent stay with despite the occasional disturbance from the next door 'beach club'. Rest assured that this issue will be sorted out very soon.
Whenever your travel plans take you back to Koh Samui, please do send me an email and I will be happy to arrange your next stay with us personally.
Wishing you, your family and friends a peaceful festive season coupled with best wishes for a successful, healthy and happy 2014, I remain,
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here recently with a group of friends and we all enjoyed our stay. All of the employees were extremely gracious during our stay and we couldn't have asked for more. They all knew who we were and always made sure we were happy. I will be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the rooms on the right side if you're looking at the beach. There is construction...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bradley T,
Thank you for taking the time posting a review on Trip Advisor.
I very much appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction.
Whenever your travel plans take you back to this part of the world, please do contact me directly.
Sunny greetings to California with best wishes for a peaceful festive season and a happy, healthy 2014.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed there with my partner for 4 nights. Service was excellent. Staff always ensure that you get picked up on time, help you make calls, arrange for transport and active in informing us of our check out time/time to travel to airport. They also speak decent English so communication is good.

Rooms were clean and well equipped. I love the pleasant pillow spray! The staff also made efforts to prevent guests from being bitten by mosquitoes, which was really very thoughtful of them. The hotel is situated on a busy street with lots of food and shopping, so walking around is easy.

Breakfast is provided. They provide a decent variety of food and the cooked section is different every day, which is really good. They also have a menu to order mains, which will then be prepared by the chef. Overall, food was good. However, the standards may be inconsistent as the banana pancake tasted different during the 2 times I ordered. The fruits and danish pastry is also not well covered so insects could be seen inside, given the rustic nature of the place. The staff also got our orders wrong on 3 out of the 4 mornings, or place them in the wrong plates (my order in my partner's plate). We didn't sound it out as we were flexible about it, as long as it is not too wrong.

It has its own access to the beach at the back. Deck chairs are all very well maintained and the whole area is very clean. It makes you feel very comfortable lying there in the sun. We spent some time at the deck and towels were quickly brought to us.

Overall, the experience was a pleasant one and I have to give credit to the whole team of staff, and the manager who trains them so well.

Dear minghui,
Thank you very much for taking the time posting a review on Tri Advisor.
I very much appreciate your valuable feedback and understand you had a comfortable stay with us. I do apologize for the mix up with your banana pancakes, we will brief the staff to be more careful in the future.
Whenever you plan to visit Koh Samui and Buri Rasa Village again, please do send me an email as I would be delighted to handle your booking personally.
Wishing you a great festive season and a happy, healthy 2014.
With sincere regards,
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here in the last week of November. WOW is all i can say. I have stayed in a lot of resorts around the world. But the quality of service at the Buri Rasa has just blown me away. From the check in to the little personal notes from house keeping to the personalised service on the beach .... It was perfect. A big thank you to Toto and Yui (i hope I got their names right) at the reception for having an answer to all my questions and I had many.
We stayed in the Room with the dip pool , the room was clean and the bathrooms also. the only thing I can add is that they could add a few channels to the satellite TV.
The food was good specially the breakfast. I really enjoyed the afternoon coffee and sandwiches.
I plan to come to Koh Samui again next year and there is no other hotel I am staying in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
BRVSamui, General Manager at Buri Rasa Village Samui, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear kolbenring,
Greetings from Buri Rasa and thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.
I am very pleased indeed that you a memorable stay with us and that everything was to your satisfaction. Feedback like yours is testimony that we are on the right track and also helps to boost the morale of all employees.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally whenever you wish to return to Buri Rasa Samui or our sister property Buri Rasa Koh Phangan, as I would be delighted to handle your arrangements personally.
Wishing you a great festive season and a healthy and successful 2014!!!
Sincerely yours,
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

A friend and I stayed in the private villa with our own pool - awesome!! The staff were always friendly and sweet. They brought us little presents each night such as sweets or hand made flowers. The food is incredible!! Breakfast was delicious - get the mango smoothie! I would come here and stay forever if I could.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time reviewing Buri Rasa Samui extensively on this site.
I am very pleased to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us and your friends during your recent visit to Koh Samui. Please do let me know personally whenever you wish to stay with us again, it would be my pleasure to handle your reservation personally.
Wishing you a peaceful festive season and a healthy, successful 2014 from all of us.
Bernd

Been to Buri Rasa Village Samui? Share your experiences!