“Best place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13/1 moo2, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #29 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
“Best place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed for 12 nights and loved every moment of it. The room was always cleaned thoroughly each day. The wait staff at breakfast and around the pool area were always prompt and friendly. We found dining at the restaurant for lunch or dinner was expensive compared to nearby restaurants. The staff at this resort to go above and beyond to ensure we enjoyed our stay. Somethings need a little revamping for example the cushions on the sun lounges by the pool need replacing as well as the rotting wooden boards in the private outdoor/pool area that our room was joined to, as it was a trip hazard. The massage provided by the spa staff were amazing! We will definitely go back to this resort again.

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed here for two nights and I wish it could have been longer! The hotel is beautiful designed with a traditional and rustic feel. The rooms are large with an extremely comfy bed, large jacuzzi bath tub and good shower. The breakfast buffet has a huge range, I particularly enjoyed the fresh waffles and fruit salad. The bacon is the best I've had in thailand. We didn't have much contact with staff but all were perfectly pleasant when we did, and the rooms were cleaned thoroughly. The only problem to report was that the wifi stopped working one evening and didn't start again until the next afternoon, and the tv reception wasn't very good, with a grainy screen on all channels. The location is ideal, with the restaurant over looking the beach, and right in the middle of busy chewang beach, yet not ruined by the noise of the beach parties.

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was our second stay here. We like it for the handy location to cheweng but still being quiet and peaceful. It's two years since we stayed here last, not much has changed since then which is both good and bad. The rooms are nice and big in traditional Thai style. However the shower head defiantly needs updating. I feel like the rooms could do with a bit of love. Our spa bath was not properly cleaned so it spat black gunk at us on our first use-yuck! The staff are friendly and helpful and the grounds are immaculately kept. I think it is good in terms of value for money but probably isn't quite a 5 star if it doesn't get a small update soon.
The spa was very over priced. We had an amazing complimentary massage there but when we went back for a paid one we were over charged and disappointed.
Would stay again but probably 4 nights is plenty.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great hotel, spent 5 days here, great service and food, beach was beautiful, interesting when you pull in the front you don't realize how nice the hotel is because the busy, chaos of the town is on one side while the beach is on the other. Didn't find much that I wanted to do in this town other than spend time in the resort. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I bet this was a stunning hotel when it opened. Just needs some money spent on it to get it back there. The actual hotel isn't bad but...

Bath was disgusting. Shower head was disgusting. We had an early flight so asked for a wake up call at 4am and headed to bed at 10pm. We were woken at 11:35pm by the front desk asking if we still required a wake up call. I was fuming. Wake up call them came at 3:45am, which wouldn't have been too bad if we hadn't been woken earlier!

Food was nice but not as advertised in the menu. Not bad for the price but it's looking tired.

• Stayed June 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Everything in this hotel is great, the location, the room, the breakfast except one thing: the staff. They were not so attentive to our request. We called several times asking the reception to send some on to pick up our luggage. The hotel didn't allow people who are not in charge to drive the cart. (Some of us end up dragging the luggage by ourselves to the reception.)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was in Samui for 3 days of rest and relaxation after a meeting in Bangkok and stayed at Muang Samui. I rated the stay "very good" based on the location, service, and value.

The good: Beachfront location that was walking distance from shops, restaurants, and party-scene establishments that line Chaweng Beach Road. Yet, the resort is incredibly quiet and peaceful because of the layout and extensive landscaping. Large room in a rustic chic motif with comfortable beds, a nice pool, and a very good buffet breakfast. The service was also excellent. Check-in was fast and efficient; the staff kept my luggage in the office on the day I checked out while I went on a snorkeling tour and provided transport back to the airport for an evening flight for a modest fee.

The bad: There was only one thing that I found really bad, and it was truly horrible: the exercise room. It is a small room on the second level of the pool restroom facilities and thus had a good view of the pool. The problem is that the equipment was dilapidated junk. Three pieces of motion equipment (treadmill, elliptical, and bicycle) that were so bad I would not use them for safety concerns. There is a rack of dumbells up to 50 lbs (rusting) and a single adjustable bench that I was afraid was going to fall apart while I was using it, thus injuring me. No gym wipes and poor cleaning of the small run down space. I guess most people don't go to Samui to work out, but I am a fitness lifestyle person and would have had to find a decent gym had I stayed longer. The exercise room should be padlocked and not used until/unless it is renovated and new equipment installed. That was the worse symptom of a general observation about Muang Samui- it is beginning to look slightly run down overall from deferred maintenance and there is no way I could give the resort an "excellent" rating based on this. The cushions on the beach chairs need to be replaced as did the jetted tub and shower fixtures in my room. Maintaining beachfront property to high standards is not easy, but Muang Samui is due for some renovations soon.

But I return to end my review on a positive note. I enjoyed my stay at Muang Samui. The location, excellent and friendly service, and interesting design to the resort all made it a good value.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Muang Samui Spa Resort? Share your experiences!