“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Chaba Cabana Beach Resort

You added Chaba Cabana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chaba Cabana Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   160 Moo 2, Bo Put | Ko Samui, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Free Airport Transfer
Ranked #38 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
4.0 of 5 stars 290 Reviews
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I went in 2012. Their was nothing to moan about at the Chaba Cabana. But nothing that set it apart. Rooms were pleasant, the air con a little noisy but I have had a lot worse, staff were fine and helpful but all the Thai people are unless they work in the airports. The Hotel is right on the beach so has a wonderful location. We went half board which was a mistake. The breakfast was not great. Evening meals were ok but further down the beach you can buy really nice food for a few pounds. Enjoy but don't expect to be amazed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I visited this hotel on my last stop of a 2 week trip around Thailand with my boyfriend for 6 nights.
Overall, it's a nice hotel. We stayed in a room in the deluxe building which wasn't as expensive as the beach side rooms. However, the room was very spacious, clean and comfortable with the usual add ons of a safe deposit box, fridge and TV. If you have a walking disability then don't stay in these rooms or make it clear that you'd like a ground floor room. The reason I say this is that there are no lifts/ramps in the main building and as we were staying on the third floor, we had to do a lot of stair climbing.
The breakfast had a good choice of foods and the restaurant was reasonably priced. It's also situated right on the beach so you can dine whilst watching the sun come up/go down which was rather special.
Another thing about this hotel is that if you don't like crazy party towns like Chaweng, it's only a 10 minute walk away down the beach which isn't very far but you're far enough away to not be disrupted by noise.
The only thing that let this hotel down was the customer service. The staff couldn't speak English very well which isn't a problem to me most of the time, however when we tried booking an airport taxi the day before travel, we were told that this was understood to find that the next day nothing had been booked. Also, when ordering food/drinks, point to what you want in the menu, otherwise you could end up with the wrong thing which would result in a sigh and eye roll from staff.
There was a lot of eye rolling and unhappy faces at the restaurant at breakfast time. The staff seemed more interested in talking to each other than the guests and most mornings we were not offered tea or coffee.
The front desk reception staff looked constantly bored and we walked down the stairs to go to dinner one night to see them all sat on the floor having a chat.

All in all, for the location of the hotel and the standard of the rooms it was very good. However, I'm not a fussy person but one does expect a certain level of customer service and it didn't quite make the mark.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marsascala, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 days with my husband, my baby boy (4mths at that time) and a friend in April 2013, and I must say I was well pleased with the stay here.
We stayed at the deluxe rooms, which are very nice cabana rooms located both sides of the 100m way from the main building to the beach, our cabanas were 5 steps away from nice swimming pool and the white sandy beach, with beautiful blue warm water.
The hotel is not a modern hotel, all the facilities are very good.
The restaurant and bar are right next to the beach with its amazing views.
Because of our little baby boy, we used both the bar and restaurant quite often and both services were good and staff very nice also.

• Stayed April 2013
Whyalla, South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My partner and I have just spent 8 nights here...it was great. It is about a 10 minute walk from the main drag of Chawang which is great when you don't want to be in the thick of it but still close enough to enjoy it. The rooms very good...The staff were always friendly and helpful. Many of the tourists (not from Australia) were rude and not friendly at all to the staff and but they take it well and to us (the over happy, friendly Aussies) they were excellent.

Room Tip: We had a ground level room, it was two king singles pushed together, had great AC and a fan...not to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I arrived in Koh in July for 6 days we were excited as we had ne'er been to the island before and were looking forward to a relaxing holiday on a "resort" weren't we wrong.
1. The air con in our room was set at 18 however it appeared to turn on and off and you often woke up sweating or got barely any sleep at all due to the humidity in the room.
2. The decor was outdated the frame over my bed was tilted to the left and slid off where I had to keep repositioning it to sit properly.
3. The mini fridge was very old and it took 5 hours for water to chill not to mention the complimentary water was not complimentary daily more when house keeping felt like it.
4. Rooms were outdated the bathroom water temperature was always changing there were cracks throughout the bathroom d mould near the sink n in the shower.
5. Staffing were rude we were never greeted, they barely spoke English when I approached them regarding late check out I was advised come back I returned daily for several days ten to be old know when I asked why I was ignored and the staff rolled there eyes continued talking to each other then as I spoke again they answered the phone and ignored me. We also request a different room due o the above concerns and were advised no without reasoning.
6. Breakfast don't waste your time it's disgusting !!!!! Staff left tables dirty, didn't refill bread or condiments and when we ordered eggs there was a shell in them and no apology just a smile no good enough this hotel is a joke.
7. Pool seating is ridiculous there was not enough decking around the pool if you were lucky to get a seat you were sitting on old rusted seating which is not resort style once again lies no pool side service god forbid ou wanted a drink as the customer service at the cafe was a joke the pool swim p bar was never open the staff at this hotel didn't seem to care.
8. Over the 6 days our room wasn't cleaned properly the bedding was gritty, no collection of rubbish, no clean towels, the sheets and pillows had stains on them and once again staff didn't care .
I wouldn't recommend anyone stay here or waste there money in my opinion this hotel needs demolished and all staff need to be fired with a new customer friendly staff team .

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed for 1 week in July 2013 at Chaba Cabana and truely enjoyed our stay here. It was very clean and the breakfast too was very nice. There was a problem with communication with staff at the reception, as they did not know much English and it got confusing to relate to them. Management would need someone at every shift who speak fluent English, specially since this language is known world wide.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

me and my boyfriend stayed here in july orginally for 4 night, we loved it that much we extended it for another night and then the following week we came back from ko Tao for another night before we headed to the north.
The hotel is very clean, rooms are lovely, staff are very friendly, great atmosphere by the pool. The breakfasts are yummy. the beach front is beautiful,you are about a 10 minute walk maybe 15 from chaweng centre but this is a good thing its a lovely walk along the beach front up to chaweng.
only about 5-10mins by taxi from airport.
we absolutely loved it here and will definately be back!! :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Chaba Cabana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!