We stayed here in February for 6 days, the hotel is situated at the quieter end of chaweng with plenty of restaurants and shops on your doorstep, anyone complaining about the situation of the hotel obviously hasn't done their homework! Lets face it this is chaweng and if you want peace and quiet go to a more secluded resort! We arrived at 10 am and were advised we were upgraded to a plunge pool suite for 1 night and despite check in being from 3pm we were escorted straight away to our room which was very much welcomed after our long journey. Next day we moved to our 1 bedroom suite which was very large and decorated in thai style with a lovely view over the gardens and sea. The sea breeze restaurant is situated right on the beach and hard to miss and the food was excellent and very competitively priced. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice and the wait staff very attentive and totally charming. There was no problem getting a sunbed either on the beach or in the grounds, although I have to agree they looked very grubby and really not suited to a 5star hotel, In regards to the room the coffee, tea and shower gel were not replenished daily which was disappointing as you shouldn't have to chase for basics like this. We were invited to a welcome cocktail party which was very nice with canapés and drinks and thai dancers and a chance to meet the senior staff. Also a big issue for me was paying premium rate per night I really expect to get free wifi, if I can get it outside the hotel in a bar free of charge then I can't see why the hotel can't provide this, other 5 star hotels we have stayed at in koh samui and Mexico provide this without charge and the hotel should seriously look at this as I don't want to have to go to the lobby in order to contact family at home. All in all though this is a lovely hotel in lovely grounds and with a bit more attention to detail as mentioned could well be a genuine 5 star resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly located along Chaweng, Koh Samui’s finest beach. Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui offers first class Thai hospitality. Enjoy the exceptional facilities of this award winning deluxe resort which combines the spirit and culture of the island with a tranquil ambiance and sheer beauty. A choice destination for lovers of water sports in particular and everyone in general. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand