“"ok"” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chaweng Villa Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Chaweng Villa Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chaweng Villa Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   157 Moo 2 | Bophut, Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Ko Samui, Thailand   |
Ranked #56 of 61 hotels in Chaweng
Canada
“"ok"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2006

After reading several reviews on this hotel we decided to book it for 3 nights.
In hindsight I would of rather stayed at another hotel with better facilties on the same stretch of Chaweng beach. The pool is tiny and cold, theres not enough beach chairs, no wait staff for drink orders. Just a shabby 2-3 star property.
The one positive is the staff and grounds area.

Jason

• Stayed January 2006

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
aberdeen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2006

Myself and fiancé stayed at the Hotel for 15 nights.

We staying in one of the Deluxe Bungalows. No way was this deluxe. I don't even think it was standard.

As soon as I walked into the room you could smell the damp and mould. The bathroom was not much better. It was practically falling apart.

We did not make it for Breakfast the first 3 morning as we boozing until the earlier hours (I will come back to this later) but we did on the 4th.

It was awful. We were feeling a bit ruff and could not handle anything to heavy so I headed straight for the bread to make some toast.

I got the shock of my life. There was massive ants crawling all over the bread. After seeing that me first thoughts were to head back to table and just stick to the Coffee.
That was just as bad. There were crawling up the legs of the table and all over the table cloth. That was it. We just left and had some breakfast on one of the lovely restaurants on the beach.

I know you can't expect the same level as Health and Hygiene as you do in the UK but there is no excuse for Ants crawling all over the Breakfast Food.

My last moan about the Hotel was on the our last day. Our flight did not leave until 1830.I called reception the night before obviously willing to pay more for a late check-out.
They said this would be fine and the cost would be an additional THB600.
We were both relaxed after this as we could enjoy our last night without having to be out of the room by 12.00noon.
Anyway on the last day Reception called the room at 1150 and said it was now not possible as they just had a late booking.

We so mad. As your imagine we're both dying after not getting back to our room until 4.00am and still had to pack.

After a about an hour we finally checked out. As we still had a 5 hour wait until our flight we hung by the pool. What really infuriated us was the entire time we sat by the pool felling really ill (I know it was self inflicted) our room was still empty.

I would defiantly not go back to this Hotel again. We paid THB1700 per night( this was a Travel Agent Rate) As I am a Travel Agent and I would not recommend this Hotel to any of my clients or anybody I know. There is much nicer accommodation further down the beach for the same price.

Other than the accommodation being rubbish we did have the a Holiday of a Lifetime.

The nightlife was excellent. If you like your Dance Music the best Bar on the beach has to be the Ark Bar. They have a Beach Party and BBQ every Wednesday with a Local DJ playing. Another good Venue is the Green Mango this is open until 3.00am.

If you want after hour drinks there is only 2 places we know of. First is the Crash Bar. They are open until 2.00am but if you're there about 1.30am they will usually have a lock in until 5.00/6.00am. The other Bar is Hendrix's. This bar plays all Rock / Indie Music and is open until about 6.00am.

If you are planning to go to Koh Samui make sure it is when the Full Moon Party is on. That was on 3rd last night. The best drink to have is a bucket of Samsung and Red Bull. It will keep you awake all night.

Stayed November 2005
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2005

Hi there,

We had a nice stay at Chaweng Villa. We had a deluxe bungalow, though I think I would have preferred the wooden split level - more Thai authentic and it was less expensive too! My husband ruled on this one though.

Fabulous location if you like to be close to the action. It's no 5 star, gorgeous resort, but had friendly, comfortable feel and great staff.

This was a short stopover for us before going to Thang Pan Noi in northern Koh Pang-Nan and was about 1 of 8 hotels we stayed at during our 5-week holiday. Would recommend it for a short stay, but not if you're looking to be pampered in paradise.

P.S. The magic of Thailand just isn't the same during rainy season - wish we had waited to go in November or March!!

• Stayed September 2005
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2005

i would recommend Chaweng Villa in low season but not anywhere on Chaweng during high season (too noisy,crowded e.t.c.). The cheapest bungalows are, in my opion, the best.Great
wooden interior,split-level bed.bags of character! Nice staff, good pool for lounging right on the beach (too small for serious swimming). Good breakfast and the guy who cooks the eggs
is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet!

• Stayed July 2004

Been to Chaweng Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!