“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chaweng Villa Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Chaweng Villa Beach Resort to your Saves list
Chaweng Villa Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   157 Moo 2 | Bophut, Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Ko Samui, Thailand   |
Ranked #56 of 61 hotels in Chaweng
London, UK
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed in the Deluxe building for one week at end of December. It was my first time in Koh Samui but I joined some friends who had been there a few times before and always stayed at this hotel. My views on this hotel are as follows:

- location - excellent: Its a 5 minute walk to the Green Mango area for all the nightlife, and Ark bar on the beach. There are loads of restaurants, bars, supermarkets/7-11, shops both on Chaweng main street and on the beach just outside of the resort. What surprised me was how private and peaceful the resort is despite being so close to all the action. Its about 150 metres from the main street to the beach through the resort, the accomodations are well spaced out and not overlooked, with greenery. You don't hear any of the noise from the main nightlife areas despite being so close to them, which is the reason my friends recommended this as a place to stay.

- room standard - good: The previous threads are about right. The decor is very tired and old, but the rooms were clean and have enough storage space. My friends stayed previously in the Wooden Huts, which are very basic and not soundproof. Better to upgrade to the Deluxe Building or Garden Villas. However my room had a safe, walk-in shower, bottled water every day, good air-con (i.e. not noisy), recessed balcony with lounge chairs.

- Breakfast - good: Breakfast was included in my booking. When I rate this "good" I mean good for Thailand standards. Breakfast comprised (same every day) fresh bread/toaster; hot pans with potato, chicken stir-fry, frankfurters, luncheon/balony meat, french bread, waffles; cook who made egg dishes with meat & veg (i.e. scrambelled, boiled, fryed, poached, omlette) cooked to your liking, 2 types of cereals; fresh fruit, yoghurts, fresh coffee.

- Restaurant - good: I ate in the restaurant one time, and food was good. However there are umpteen restaurants close by to choose from

- Pool - good: The swimming pool overlooks the beach and was a decent size with deck chairs for the number of guests.

- Staff - good: I had no problems that required discussion with the staff, but for general check-in, check out, room clean, tour booking and wake up calls I found them efficient.

To conclude, this resort main plus points are its location to central Chaweng and its privacy. I wouldn't recommend for a romantic getaway or if you want to be pampered. I've rated it 4*, i.e. 4* for a resort in a developing nation.

Room Tip: Avoid the Wooden Huts, choose the Deluxe Building or Villas instead.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

66 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
windsor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I booked this hotel because I have been to Chaweng before and this is the best area of the beach for visitors. The Cantara and Poppies are lovely hotels, but that southern part of the beach is now very remote.
I was in one of the original chalets from the 70s (?) It was rickety, but serviceable. The shower was unpleasant - mouldy tile grout and in vital need of update. The newer chalets look fine, but do cost more. I paid £34 per night - 15th - 22nd December 2011
The staff are all brillaint and the breakfast beside the beach is really good too with every need catered for. After day one, all the staff remembered me and brought me coffee and toast. there is an egg station and you can have whatever you want with bacon and pancakes / french toast. Fuit and juices are all fresh and delicious.

The beach is wonderful and magic at night as all the hotels set up romantic eating areas beside the lapping waves. However riough tghe sea is during the day, it is a millpond at night and the lights around the bay, together with the Chinese lanterns drifting into the sky is spell binding.

If I could afford it I would stasy in the Amari or one of the 3 super hotels beside it. This hotel is a useful budget option.

Koh Samui is no longer really a family destination. The beach is, the strip behind is not. The 'night time' nightlife is now more apparent than Pat Pong in Bangkok. 10 years ago it was idyllic - a Robinson Crusoe island. As with Phuket and the other islands, the night bars take over.

For adults - still a beautiful destination. For honeymooners / romantic couples - perfection.

One issue. I paid for my room on my bank Debit card, not my Barclaycard, but was still charged a handling fee of 3%. I explained this to them, but could not avoid the charge, because my bank card had the Visa logo on it.

Room Tip: The older chalets are becomming substandard. The newer ones look fine - but this is not the Amari !
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I had a great week here at the end of October after taking pot luck when deciding on a hotel. The location is ideal as it is close to all the action and eating houses and the facilities in the hotel are of a very good standard. The room I stayed in was in the new block and I couldn't fault it. The gardens and pool were well maintained and set the whole place off. All of the staff were friendly and professional and made me feel at home. The massage ladies attached to the hotel were great fun as well as giving a really good service. I shall certainly return to Samui and stay at the same hotel. The airport has to be the best in Thailand!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the gardens or pool
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I initially booked online to get the wooden bungalows. These were cheap, but upon arrival we realized the stairs could be a problem. We negotiated a change of room and upgraded to nice villas. We ended up extending our stay. The rooms were airy and well maintained, with good access to the beach and nearby central Chaweng. The staff were pleasant and efficient.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

We LOVED this place in Samui. Kind of expensive, but way worth it! Would stay again and again. Have your own bungalow/villa, right off the beach, Also walk down the beach and find a place to eat right on it. So awesome.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I've had excellent service here and the standard of the facility is very good. It has an excellent location if you want to be near the buzz of Chaweng Beach Road, which is the central restaurant, pub, club area of the island. I heard almost no noise from the road in my little villa (201).
You'll need a transfer from the airport and it costs 300 Bhat, which is what you'd pay if you organised it yourself so let them do that for you.
The villa has a shaded veranda to relax on, with a view on the garden. One minute away is the beautiful pool, with different levels in which to soak and swim. The beach is just down the steps from there. It's a nice beach but few waves and the water is almost sickeningly warm.
The room has a King size bed, with cable TV and air con. The hard wood effect distracts from the dated wallpaper and curtains. The bathroom is basic but clean and there is a safe in the room.Maid service is excellent.
Drinks and food are very reasonable compared to the prices on the main road. The breakfast has continental/fruit and Asian style stuff, both in great quantity.
I'm here on my own and there are a lot of couples, which is a bit tiresome but guests and staff have all been very pleasant.
1700 Bhat per night (35 euro) incl breakfast: great value, I think.

Room Tip: Garden villa away from the pool is very calm.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Manama, Bahrain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I found this hotel online. It was one of the few places I could find a vacant room in at a short notice over the phone.

It was absolutely disgusting. Dirty, sleazy and the staff where uninterested in catering to any of my requests.

I couldn't stay in the hotel, I tried to spend as much time away from it as I could. My room was so dirty that I only slept for 2 terrible hours and woke up early in the morning to find another hotel to move to.

I can't name a single good thing about this hotel. I totally recommend Montien House (check my review on it), it costs less and provided a completely different and warm experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Chaweng Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!