I stayed in the Deluxe building for one week at end of December. It was my first time in Koh Samui but I joined some friends who had been there a few times before and always stayed at this hotel. My views on this hotel are as follows:
- location - excellent: Its a 5 minute walk to the Green Mango area for all the nightlife, and Ark bar on the beach. There are loads of restaurants, bars, supermarkets/7-11, shops both on Chaweng main street and on the beach just outside of the resort. What surprised me was how private and peaceful the resort is despite being so close to all the action. Its about 150 metres from the main street to the beach through the resort, the accomodations are well spaced out and not overlooked, with greenery. You don't hear any of the noise from the main nightlife areas despite being so close to them, which is the reason my friends recommended this as a place to stay.
- room standard - good: The previous threads are about right. The decor is very tired and old, but the rooms were clean and have enough storage space. My friends stayed previously in the Wooden Huts, which are very basic and not soundproof. Better to upgrade to the Deluxe Building or Garden Villas. However my room had a safe, walk-in shower, bottled water every day, good air-con (i.e. not noisy), recessed balcony with lounge chairs.
- Breakfast - good: Breakfast was included in my booking. When I rate this "good" I mean good for Thailand standards. Breakfast comprised (same every day) fresh bread/toaster; hot pans with potato, chicken stir-fry, frankfurters, luncheon/balony meat, french bread, waffles; cook who made egg dishes with meat & veg (i.e. scrambelled, boiled, fryed, poached, omlette) cooked to your liking, 2 types of cereals; fresh fruit, yoghurts, fresh coffee.
- Restaurant - good: I ate in the restaurant one time, and food was good. However there are umpteen restaurants close by to choose from
- Pool - good: The swimming pool overlooks the beach and was a decent size with deck chairs for the number of guests.
- Staff - good: I had no problems that required discussion with the staff, but for general check-in, check out, room clean, tour booking and wake up calls I found them efficient.
To conclude, this resort main plus points are its location to central Chaweng and its privacy. I wouldn't recommend for a romantic getaway or if you want to be pampered. I've rated it 4*, i.e. 4* for a resort in a developing nation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick and Despegar.com so you can book your Chaweng Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Villa Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Chaweng Hotel Beach
- Chaweng Villa Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand