My wife and I stayed at this resort for 7 nights from the 10th of October - 17th of October. I booked on the hotel website into a deluxe garden villa (deluxe new villa) at 4000 BHT a night. I was very relieved to find that the resort is exactly as pictured on its website. The room we stayed in (C3) was beautiful, everything looked brand new, modern and clean. The room itself is quite large with a very large modern bathroom, it also has a large patio area which for us looked down toward the pool area. From what I saw of the other villas they also looked very nice, the pool villas although a bit smaller also looked modern and clean, I didn't get a chance to look at the main hotel rooms, it seemed that there was construction work going on in there at the time, however we couldn't hear any of it from where we were and it never bothered us. The pools were fantastic, there are 3 pools in a tier formation all next to one another with plenty of day beds. It is only about 20 metres from the pool to the beach which is also very nice. As the resort is at the southern end of the beach it is a little quieter on the beach, again there are plenty of day beds on the beach provided by the hotel. Breakfast is one area the resort could improve on, the selection is a bit limited and doesn't really differ day by day. The restaurant you eat breakfast at is quite nice and overlooks the beach. I only ever ate from the restaurant a couple of times (lunch by the pool) and the food was quite nice although a bit on the pricey side. A bottle of local beer was about 150BHT when you could get it from 7/11 outside the resort for about 35BHT so I would B.Y.O my own beer to the pool. I have read negative things about the staff in other reviews and I must agree somewhat. They certainly didn't seem to go out of their way to help you as they do at other resorts. The reception staff didn't speak great English but this didn't really bother us as we didn't need to see them often. Staff were quite friendly when you spoke to them, but little things like collecting plates after you had finished eating didn't seem to happen. Lunch plates of mine were not collected from the pool area for about 4 hours one day. It is just a minor gripe but something which is not hard to do, especially when there seemed to be plenty of staff standing around at times. Our room was made up by staff straight away as soon as we went to breakfast which was fantastic. The location of the resort was fantastic, there is plenty of shopping on the main street outside the resort, and if we wanted to go to the busier area of Chaweng we could easily walk there (about 15 minutes to main area). You can either walk along the beach or main street, the beach option is much easier however. The resort also offers scooter rental which we did for a day for 250BHT (very cheap). I would recommend this resort, it can be a little on the expensive side but is certainly very nice and new and exactly as it appears on the website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic resort built in contemporary Thai architecture set directly on the beach front location of the vibrant Chaweng Beach, 10 minutes drive away distance from the airport within short walking distance to the nearby vibrant commercial area offering 100 cozily decorated guestrooms and classic charming bungalows for enjoyable tropical beach holiday experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Chaweng Cove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaweng Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Hotel Chaweng
- Cove Resotel Chaweng
- Chaweng Cove Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand