“Stunning views, great service and relaxed stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa

You added BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   104 Moo 3 | Bo Phut, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #55 of 101 Hotels in Chaweng
Cairns, Australia
“Stunning views, great service and relaxed stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you are looking for resort style accommodation in Koh Samui and want to stay away from the riff-raff of the girly bars, markets and craziness of the streets, this is the place for you.

The hotel offers a great rate, stunning views over the beaches towards Chaweng and inclusive breakfast with a huge offering of western and asian foods. Also on offer is lunch and dinner at affordable prices. The hotel staff are welcoming, friendly (always have a smile) and are on hand to arrange tour bookings. The hotel even offers a return courtesy bus service to nearby Lamai Beach.

If you are travelling from the airport to the hotel you can pre-arrange a bus transfer (for a fee)which drops you right at reception. It was nice to see a welcome message for us at the front door.

The room was large, air-conditioned, comfortable king size bed and pillows with wi-fi (free) available in our room, and TV. The resort has a number of pools which cascade below the dining area with views over the sea. It was everything and more than was advertised. Just delightful and Highly recommend staying at Best Western Samui Bayview Resort and Spa to anyone considering staying here.

Room Tip: For non-smokers the hotel has designated NON-SMOKING floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your time for the kind review. Your compliments are the great support to our staffs and our management team. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Thai first
mk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked 2 nights here in September. Upon arrival we were dropped off at the bottom of the drive leading up to the hotel, this is a very very steep hill. There was a phone you could ring reception on to arrange a driver to come down and collect you, this did not work. We then tried ringing the hotels number off a mobile, there was no answer. After 10 minutes we had to pay a local to drive us up the hill.

Upon arrival I was already annoyed, they checked us in and said they would discount the money we had to pay to get up the hill off any services we had. When we got into our room the air con didnt work, back to reception I went. Then when I got back to the room my girlfriend had found mouse droppings on the bed and floor, I went to reception and they seemed surprised I wanted a new room, no apology was made either.

We eventually got into a new room, no upgrade was offered even though the hotel was practically empty, this was not a good start.

The following day we wanted to use the internet, in the manual in the bedrooms it states guests recieve 20 minutes a day free. I went to reception to ask for the code to get on the computers, he was convinced we had to pay and they did not offer free internet. He kept going into the managers office and coming out saying we must pay, I asked to see the manager about 5 times, he/she did not come out, this I thought was extremely poor.

Eventually after I went and got the manual from the room and physically showed him and then he showed the manager and I got very angry they let one of us on the computer.

Upon checkout I asked once again to see the manager as I wanted the 100 baht I had had to spend on the taxi back, eventually after being very angry we got it back.

The hotels views and pools are great, but the staff are so poorly trained its just a joke. We stayed in probably 20 different hotels throughout out Asia travels, from £5 a night to £50 a night and this hotel had by far the worst service. The fact the manager wouldn't even come out the office to sort problems and left the staff who did not understand the problem try and deal with things was just pathetic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your comments are the great value for us and we will take them seriously for improving our drawbacks. We do apologize that our service were not as your expectation. We will ensure to train our staff harder.

Once again, thank you very much for your stay and your kind review.

MALTA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Hotel was nice and we had a spectacular view from our room. Food was all delicious at the hotel, but breakfast wasn't so special. I think they should improve more.
But what I love most was the wormth welcome of the staff.
I got injured during an excursion in Chiang Mai. During my stay at Koh Samui I had to rush to hospital since I couldn't manage the pain. The staff took me to hospital and brought me back without any extra cost.
Since I couldn't walk, due to the injury, they also offered to drive me to the beach any time a wanted even outside their usual trips. I really appreciated it as if it wasn't for them we couldn't have enjoyed our trip to Koh Samui.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are breathtaking, clean and with A/C
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your kind compliments, we will keep up our service. Regarding your kind comment we will improve our breakfast. We hope to seeing you again soon.

norwich norfolk gt britain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

i was amazed on how step the entrance was, its almost vertical,i could walk out or in they supply a van driver to take you to the beach but had to ask him several times to get taken,they put me in a very small room every thing was really old the safe broke and icould,nt get my money and it took a man one hour to get open then i decided to change rooms paid extra the sink was cracked right acrossed the pattio door was broken the door would not lock propably and everything was old the pool did not look heathy the gym was really 30 years past its sell by,it was probly good 30 years ago and there where steps everywhere you really needed to be careful,its big place but there was one couple and their son there and me i ate one evening meal there it was o.k nothing special but for thailand very expensive

Room Tip: sea view rooms are better
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time for the kind review. I do apologize for the inconvenience issue that you may cause. We will use your kind comments to improve our property and service. Our resort is situated and built on the hill. We tried to conserve the nature by not destroyed the rock and the steep of the hill. Thus, our resort has to have many stairs and it might not convenience for some guests. I hope for your kind understanding.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

We was so surprise when we arrival hotel about 9am, we get free early check in. (Room available in this low season, so not much tourist).
It's was very good value for money staying this hotel. We stayed one nights at this hotel and it locate at the southern hills part of Chaweng. We booked a deluxe seaview room, private balcony with amazing ocean view. In room WIFI faster speed.
Hotel come with 4 swimming pools, massage & spa, fitness room, sauna & steam room.
Room - clean, spacious room with SMALL bathroom.
Staff - polite and helpful
Food - breakfast was OK and not much variety, price abit expensive
this hotel is far from the action center of chaweng, need to rent a motorbike.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Owner at BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your compliments are the great support to us and we hope to seeing you again soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Apr 2012 .. 3 nites .. the hotel sits on a hill & is kinda far from anyway but with great views whether it's from your room balcony (seafront) or the 3 infinity pools. Daily breakfast is nothing to shout about, personal portion. It was low season when i was there, so it was really quiet. Pools were not too clean. The air-cond in my room works fine during the day but somehow breaks down in the middle of the night, and goes back to normal the next day & then doesn't work at nite. Free shuttle to its sister hotel at Lamai beach is the ultimate perk, nice location & beach.

Room Tip: seafront balcony rooms with excellent view of the sea & Chaweng beach
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Regarding your review, we do apologize for the inconvenience issue that you may cause during your stay. We will surely fix the problem and improve our service. We hope to have a chance to serving you again soon.

Best regards
Ko Phangan, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I recently spent one night here and found that the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They even went out of their way to help me out, for this alone I highly recommend the place.

My room was very spacious with gorgeous views of the sea and Chewang beach. Breakfast is not as grand as at other resorts but for me it was fine as I don't eat much in the morning. I didn't eat other meals here but I did get to see the picturesque views from the restaurant both at sunset and later in the night and I am sure had I been here with my husband we would have enjoyed a romantic meal on the premises.

I hired a motorbike from the resort, which I highly recommend. I was in Samui to see the doctor and do some shopping so it was ideal for me to be able to get around on my own. Yes it is a little bit more expensive to rent from the resort as opposed to other places but it meant I didn't need to drop the bike off before leaving the next day.

I will surely stay here again next time I am on the island.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Mngsamuibayview, Owner at BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review. Your compliment is the great support to us. We hope to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN Samui Bayview Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!