This is my fifth time in Samui, started out a few years back with the Napasai, then the beautiful and stunning Banyan tree (my favorite in Samui), the W (had a lovely room with pool & direct beach access), six senses (was nice yet was the most disappointing Six Senses I've been to) & this time VanaBelle b
What I liked about VanaBelle:
- Excellent service from the front desk to the staff at the beach bar. My flight arrived 7:05 am into the completely stressless & petite Samui airport. Fifteen minutes later arrived at Vana Belle. Was hit immediately with the stunning seaviews. They had my room ready ( much appreciated) but I decided to upgrade to a deluxe with a seaview, which took 30 minutes but I did not mind waiting in the beautiful, relaxing lounge area, where the welcome drink was not a sugared up fruit juice, but a nice fresh young coconut.
- Boutique feel: I don't really like big busy hotels where it can feel like guests are fighting over the limited resouces, here whether at meals or at the beach, it was always an unhurried relaxed affair, an oasis despite being in busy Chaweng
- Room was nice with unobstructed seaview, and a plunge pool. The decor in the rooms were quite dull (compared to the W or Samui, though decor in the lounge and Kiree restaurant were quite nice),
Was only here for three days and was really tired from a stressful week of work and managed to catch up on much needed sleep here, though decor in common areas were very nice
Breakfast was a surprisingly full menu of various traditional and non traditional breakfast choices, including healthy entrees such as avocado salads.
Lunch at the beachside restaurant was a bit heavy on the salt/fish sauce side (though great service esp from Frank, at the beach bar) but the Vana Belle part of the beach was crowd free, a perfect picture of a beach paradise (and calm to swim in) & just a perfect place to curl up under a palm tree with a good book and a plate of food.
Dinner at night outside at the Kiree restaurant was very relaxing and good. I am very picky with the degree to which my food is cooked (or not) and it was delicious here. The seats outside had the seaview, the seats inside has a view of the chefs at work with their woks and proper stoves, it was a hard choice to make
Room for improvement:
I was in room 412, while I was napping I kept on hearing a noise that went on and off, at first thought it was the room next door being vacuumed or a super loud blowdryer. Then realized it was some kind of motor that went on every ten minutes in the false ceiling---- Even with the air con turned off.
I am not a light sleeper so I was able to deal with this. Still, it was a minor annoyance
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui is asublime, island utopia for stimulating rest and relaxation.Nestled in a secluded cove of Koh Samui on Chaweng beach,a luxurious haven has been specially created to escape thestresses of modern-day living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Splendia and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vana Belle, A Luxury Collection Resort, Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand