Stayed from 19.5.13 for 5 nights. Booked this resort after reading reviews in trip advisor and was not at all disappointed. We(party of 4 adults and 2 kids) had booked 2 ocean wing deluxe room and the rooms were in 1st floor. One thing must be made clear, this is not a 5 star property and one should not expect such amenities or facilities. If you are looking for such, book Chaweng regent or The Library or any other big high priced resort. Though called ocean wing but the ocean is not visible from any room barring the front two suite rooms. However, the proximity of the beach will let you forget about this issue.
We reached Samui early morning at 7AM after a layoff of 4 hrs at Bangkok. Was weary and pretty tired. The website and the hotel policy stated checkin at 2PM and we were really a bit worried since we havent slept the night before (had to wait in Bangkok airport). Moreover our group had two kids 6 yrs and 12 yrs old. However the hotel guys were good enough to allocate the room within 9AM without any extra charge. That was really good. Further they also provided extra bed in my room free and didn't charge extra for my daughters breakfast. That was really sweet.
The breakfast was pretty decent, the way you normally get in most resorts; nothing spectacular neither drab, good enough to keep u full till lunch. There were choices of breads, cereals, thai style rice/noodles, usual stuff of eggs to your choice, bacon, sausage etc. etc.
Food is average, we had lunch few times but never had dinner which we usually had outside in different restaurants spread along the beach road.
The pool is of average size and generally clean. Had spend lot of time lazying around it with couple of chilled beers. The pool bar is non-functional though they have a beach bar just beside the pool. The beach is just few steps(literally) away from the pool. The beach is not very clean with stray dogs roaming. Now, nothing to be afraid of cos the dogs were friendly and just never bothered anybody. However, the water is crystal clear and very good for swim. Had walked throughout the length of chaweng beach and I must say, beach wise this resorts location is great.
No complaints about room, toilet(albeit bit small), cleanliness and service. The lady at the "Terrace" restaurant was very charming, all staff very friendly. Even the massage service at beachfront is good(considering the price).
Overall, I will give a 4 out of 5 for this place considering the price of stay, facilities, location. Recommended for staying with family.
PS. Chaweng is full of mosquitoes, so be prepared and at least carry some repellant. In our case, hotel provided one free on request.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 93 Rooms, located in the heart of Chaweng, set beside a sandy white beach. Accommodation is split between two wings; the Lake Wing is across the road from the beach with the Ocean Wing located by the beach. Rooms have air conditioning, TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Ocean Wing rooms have a private balcony. Swimming pools, kids' playground, exercise room, sauna, pool bar and restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Chaba Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaba Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel Chaba Samui
- Chaba Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand