We've just returned from an 11 night stay from 10 July at this Resort. Some 3-star resorts in Thailand can be a huge disappointment, but definitely not the Baan Samui Resort. It is painted in the brightest of colours, but don't be put off by this from looking just at photographs, it somehow works, the colours blend into the vegetation and it adds a kind of quirkiness.
This resort offers you everything you could need on the best part of Chaweng Beach. It is small and intimate, and the staff are extremely efficient and helpful and will go out of their way to help with anything. There are various resorts all along Chaweng beach and some of them are very noisy with music blaring all day and all night, the Baan Samui Resort is just far enough away from this so it doesn't bother you, but close enough to walk along the beach if you want some party action.
We had 2 interleading rooms, which were more than adequate. The aircon works like a charm, bathrooms were of a decent size with a bath and shower, beds were large and comfortable. Ask for ground floor if possible, it just makes getting to the pool, beach and breakfast so much easier. Mosquitoes are a problem, and although their are plug-in repellent machines in the rooms, take spray even if they don't normally bite you.
There is a large supermarket directly opposite the resort, so stocking up your mini-bar is very cheap and convenient. Loads and loads of restaurants within minutes walking distance, just too many to mention.
Wifi is however not free, although very cheap, the connection was not great and you could only access it on one device at a time.
This resort is situated on a beautiful stretch of Chaweng beach, with pool loungers on the beach for guests, although as is the case with so many beach resorts we have visited, guests claim their lounger early in the morning by leaving personal items on them and then leave for most of the day, although we never had a problem finding space. The beach is clean and gorgeous and the sea warm. A few too many jet ski's around for my liking, but swimming areas are cordoned off where jet ski's are not allowed. Lots of vendors on the beach selling everything and anything, not overly intrusive, but it does sometimes get a bit much.
Breakfast was perfectly adequate, with the normal selection one would expect. We never had a problem finding a table and special order eggs, etc., were prepared very quickly.
There are 2 restaurants to choose from, one by the pool/beach side and another on the road side where there was live music every evening, both offering quite a nice selection of traditional Thai as well as Western dishes. We ordered room-service once or twice and the service was very quick, although the room-service menu could be expanded a bit to include more snack-type foods.
We can highly recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand Baan Samui Resort is located on the secluded and enchanting Chaweng beach, far from the ordinary and the mundane. Step into the colour and the beauty of this amazing hideaway. Sit back relax and absorb the serene and exotic atmosphere. Your dreams can become reality at Baan Samui Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Baan Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Baan Samui Koh
- Baan Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand