A nice resort at a quiet end of Chaewang, out of the hustle of the main street but only a short 50 baht ride into town. It is a mid priced resort and it lives up to that expectation, certainly there is flashier hotels on the Chaewang strip, but then you will pay much more, so if you like total opulence then pay a bit more and stay elsewhere.
But this hotel is good value for the price you will pay. It is on the best part of the beach in Chaewang, very safe for swimming, ideal for the kids, with plenty of sun lounges so you can keep an eye on them. The pool however was disappointing, quite small and obviously not a focus of the resort, so if you like hanging out around the pool this is not ideal, but the beach makes up for it anyhow.
The rooms are good, although not huge, again you get what you pay for and I think they are satisfactory for the price, we have stayed at much better, but then have paid more for them. We upgraded to a superior room, don't waste your money, except for the two premier suites they are all about the same, in size and comfort. Our superior room was located closer to the beach, but with a slight view only and right opposite the janitors closet, which created a lot of noise at all hours of the day and night. Definitely go for a ocean facing room rather than a road facing.
The staff, typical Thai style are very friendly, their English generally is satisfactory but not excellent, but they are always looking to please. The food at the restaurants was a highlight, we normally prefer to eat outside the resort when we travel, but the food was so good at the resort we ate in more than we normally do. My wife and another friend we were travelling with were gluten free eaters, not an easy task to do in Thailand, gluten free knowledge is almost non existent over there, although the chef at the restaurant went out of his way for the two girls, his effort was really appreciated.
We attended a wedding while at the resort, they did an excellent job of the event, I don't think that could be faulted, if you are considering an event here and this is your price range I am sure you wont be disappointed. Again the food at the buffet meal afterwards was the best I have ever had at a wedding.
Although this is not in the town there is other eating options within walking distance, all were good for the price, especially a small local hut on the beach just to the town side of the resort that did great cheap Thai meals for a quick lunch. Good local massages next to it as well.
My wife said the treatment spa at the resort was very good and value for money. Bar staff were friendly and with six hours a day of happy hours you can't be disappointed.
Overall a good mid priced range resort on an excellent part of the beach, if only a better pool; and slightly larger rooms they could be one of the better on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi, Koh Samui boasts a secluded beachfront and white-sand setting plus lush tropical gardens. The majesty and splendor of the 96 contemporary Thai inspired rooms, tantalizing cuisine at Tamarind restaurant and friendly service, the pleasure are simple. Combined with the adventure of a journey through this magnificent island, Swasana Spa's heavenly relax and rejuvenate experiences are a unique way to experience the full wonder of this beautiful romantic destination. The resort truly represents the sanctuary of spirituality, richness and harmony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Impiana Samui Hotel Bophut
- Impiana Samui Resort And Spa
- Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi Ko Samui, Thailand