“Quiet beach area with fantastic service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Samui Beach Resort

You added Imperial Samui Beach Resort to your Saves list
Imperial Samui Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Moo 3 Chaweng Noi Beach | Bophut, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #27 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
Alexandria, Virginia
“Quiet beach area with fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days in November to unwind from a hectic 2 weeks touring Thailand. The resort is located on a quiet section of Chaweng Beach; we found you could not walk along the beach to get to the main part of Chaweng Beach if you wanted to see the more crowded section because you'd have to climb over a bunch of rocks. This kept the beach crowds small. The staff was excellent and very friendly and helpful. We found the breakfast buffet in the morning to be excellent with any type of western breakfast food you could want and it was usually hot (in addition to the made to order omlett, pancake station. The restaurant down by the pool served yummy food and really like the desert choices; the setting was excellent next to the pool and beach and being able to hear the waves while eating in the open air seating area. Our time was spent by the pool instead of on the beach and we loved the early happy hour from 1-2 pm each day in addition to the normal happy hour specials in the later afternoon. My girlfriend was so happy after a 3 hour spa treatment and couldn't get over the value of it versus what it'd cost here in the states. The resort is on a hillside so you will be walking up and down about 40 steps to get to the beach and pool, but since my house has almost that many steps it was not even a thought since my daily life is this way. We would definitely stay here again if we go back to Ko Samui.

Room Tip: We got the junior suite room which all seem to be located closer to the pool (about half way down th...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed here for 10 days in April 2014. On arrival, I was whisked away into a large room which was nicely air conditioned. I think they recognise that people are not accustomed to the heat, which I appreciated. They also gave me a nice chilled lemonade and a cold flannel. Lovely welcome.

After a brief check in, I was taken to my room by golf buggy. Its a big place! My to was not suitable, so I asked for an immediate upgrade. I was shown an alternative room and was quite happy to pay the difference. I ended up with a room right by the pool, which was perfect. None of this was a problem. I just loved how friendly and helpful the staff were.

The room was ample and came with a fresh bowl of fruit. Unfortunately it wasn't replenished at any stage. Air con was fantastic - trust me when I say you'll appreciate it at this time of year. It was consistently 34° C every day. Low of 28° at night. Like many hotels, power cuts out when you leave your room, which is a real shame when you're trying to chill drinks in the fridge or recharge your smart devices. We made do though (drink fast!). HBO signal was dodgy, which made for a frustrating Game of Thrones watch, but hey... You're on vacation, right?

The sun rise is amazing from this hotel. Just stunning. Get up and watch it. The pool is fantastic - sea water pumped up each day. And plenty of deck chairs and seats around the pool. However, I found it frustrating when people would get up incredibly early every day and reserve the exact same spot by placing their towels in place. Germans and Russians are everywhere and seemed to be the biggest culprits. Never mind - I guess they're eager and willing to get up early, so they're welcome to the good spots!

The breakfasts are fantastic. Make sure you get this included in your room rate. Lots of choice and excellent staff (the only ones I tipped!). It can be a bit of a hike and lots of stairs between your room and the breakfast restaurant but we found that you can just take your time and it's absolutely fine.

The advantage of all the stairs is the amazing views from all of the rooms. Also, this beach location is far superior to other Chaweng resorts. There is no reef which means the water gets deep relatively quickly, unlike other parts of the beach. You'll appreciate this as the water is cooler. Make no mistake though, it will be warm water. No joke, its like a luke-warm bath.

I rented a scooter from the tour desk at the hotel. Same prices as elsewhere but you don't have to surrender your passport. Very convenient way of getting around the island. I recommend it over taxis, which cost about the same for a single trip!

I dined at the restaurant for dinner just once, as the prices are much higher than you'll find along the street. Nice meal, but unjustifiably expensive if you ask me. There are lots of great nearby options (Samui Paleang is one!).

Laundry is cheap across the road. And Relax Massage is also great and cheap for Thai massage.

Overall, I would come back. I've given 4 stars because there are much newer resorts, which you'll pay a lot more for. I was very happy with my time here and I would recommend it to others.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We travel a lot and for different reasons, but this has been one of our most relaxing holidays ever! It has one of the best beach locations and an amazing salt water pool right on the beach. Easy 3km walk on the beach to main centre at Chaweng or a 200bt taxi ride.

Food and service was excellent and Executive Chef Ram Prasad ran an amazing cooking class that we would highly recommend.

The different resort levels mean some stairs, but with the food you will experience we would suggest the exercise would do you good!

While at the quieter end of the beach it is an easy walk to get to the louder party areas.... You will appreciate this resort when time to get over hangover and to relax.

Great mix of other guests from all over Europe and pacific ( we are from New Zealand)

We are about to book again for same time next year.

Thanks to the team at the Imperial

Warren and Vanessa

Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I went with my husband on April 2014 and we were surprised how great the resort was. Service was outstanding. Employees were often making sure we were enjoying our stay. The resort offers two pools, one of them (across the beach) is a sea water pool - everyone's favorite. The room was extremelly confortable, with sea view and actually quite big. Breakfast offered a good variety of options, and the breakfast area could not be more relaxing - a great relaxing music on the background, and at the same time the beautiful song of the birds who are often around, and of course, the beautiful sound of the water fountain. The location could not be better. Chaweng Noi Beach has crystal clean water, and it's a great place to relax. We were very happy with our stay! We are not really the kind of couple who travels to the same places, but we really feel like going there again and staying at the Imperial! :)

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We recently stayed at this resort on our way to Koh Tao. We were meant to stay only a couple of nights, but in fact we extended our stay for an extra 4 days!

The atmosphere is calm and relaxing, Nice swimming pool and nice beach. Bar also ok.

The rooms however are quite far from the beach and it is quite a walk uphill to return to the room. Whereas we enjoyed the walk through the gardens, this walk would certainly represent a challenge for an asthmatic or someone not too fit!

To hire a scooter from the hotel is a must: The hotel is strategically positioned and you can keep exploring the island and reach some amazing restaurants not too far.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Wellington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I have to say this is an overpriced and over rated hotel. What you don't see is that it is appropriate for a mountain goat! The rooms are set well high above the beach and walking down is a task; returning uphill impossible.Therefore the only way of getting any where is in one of the 4 buggies provided and driven by the hotel.Therefore you are at their beck and call.The restaurant is overpriced with food bordering on below average.
The place is dated with noisy air con in the rooms. English is a challenge to many of the staff although they try hard.
As for the spa, again overpriced.
I would never return.I have stayed at many hotels in Samui and this time I thought I would give myself a treat.
A miserable and expensive experiment

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We choose this hotel based on reviews from tripadvisor. I little more then we paid for other hotels but we wanted to be pampered.

The location Chaweng Noi was fantastic. Restaurants to walk to on the beach and around the hotel but not close the all the activities in Chaweng. This was not a problem, as the hotel provides bus service into town (you have to pay $70 bhat per person) and then there still are taxis.

The hotel itself was very nice and we loved the layout of the rooms and the hotel grounds. Nothing old as others have mentioned. 2 pools and open clean beach and lots of privacy in addition to lush gardens. The mention of the stairs, oh well, really not that bad and it is great exercise.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, we did feel extra special as they turned down our beds at night.

Breakfast was, as someone mentioned before, fabulous but I would not pay $20 for it. Ours was included and we enjoyed the delicious choices.

We also checked out the Imperial Boathouse, the sister hotel, our hotel offered a free bus ride to this location. We found it a bit cramped there and a much older facility. Cute but in need of sprucing up.

I only gave a 4 star rating, as mentioned by another guest, we booked a room with 1 bed but where ushered to a double bed room and where not able to change until the next day. It was not available but the next day - however, we did like the location of our original room better and decided to stay there after all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Imperial Samui Beach Resort? Share your experiences!