The Imperial on Chaweng Noi beach is a sprawling resort with many accommodation options from rooms "with a view" to separate villas. Our 'room with a sea view' ticked all the boxes for us. Be warned - as in many parts of Asia - the bed is very firm! The private balcony was a delightful place to sit and enjoy the view after the day's activities. There are many activities available for tourists on Koh Samui but it is hard to drag yourself away from the resort which is laid out in beautifully presented and maintained gardens complete with streams, waterfalls and koi to feed with the provided food. A winding path led through the grounds to the 100 steps from our room down to the beautiful white sand beach where there were plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas available. The sea here is clear and warm with a very safe gently sloping sandy bottom.
The Imperial has two large pools - one beach-side salt water pool where it is pleasant to laze and watch the passing parade of beach goers and merchandise vendors. However if you want to escape the afternoon sun then the tree shaded upper pool (outside the breakfast restaurant) is the place to be. At the northern end of the beach, in the shade of a large tree are the lunchtime food vendors with chicken nibbles and sweetcorn cooked on braziers and succulent fresh fruit on offer - all at very reasonable prices.
The extensive breakfast buffet catered for the varied tastes of the many nationalities of guests present while we were there. The staff and particularly Wat the F & B manager all went out of their way to ensure we wanted for nothing. I particularly enjoyed the opportunity to create my own tea each morning using the many varieties offered including the loose leaf Chinese teas to which I was able to add fresh sliced ginger,fresh mint, lime etc
It was interesting to stroll in the hotel vegetable and herb garden and to see staff picking fresh produce for use in the kitchen.
We hired a motorcycle from the hotel - the rates were good and the motorcycle in good condition (not necessarily so at some of the other hire outlets). There is free parking available within the security manned resort compound. The hotel shuttle service into Chaweng or to Tesco Lotus (the large supermarket in Chaweng) is quick and reliable if you do not chose to hire your own transport.
As many other reviewers have pointed out the only drawback to this resort is the steps down to the beach - if you are not fit for this exertion then choose another resort as the slog back up in the heat would be too much for some.
A minor criticism would be the lack of information given to us on check in about the facilities available at the resort eg restaurants, happy hours, kayak rental etc. This is a nice place to stay, out of the hustle and bustle of Chaweng while still being close enough to go into town for shopping or eating out if desired. This is not a place for anyone who wants to party hard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the charm of the hotel, nestled in the warm and white sands of the magnificent Chaweng Noi Beach, Koh Samui. The newly renovated and beautifully decorated rooms of the low-rise buildings are surrounded by our lush tropical garden and rise above the crystal blue water. It is a paradise hideaway where luxurious seclusion meets natural beauty. The Imperial Samui Beach Resort Koh Samui features a fresh water pool with its own Jacuzzi, a sea water pool facing the ocean, dining in the beach facing Tara Restaurant or under the stars. Relax on our poolside terrace, in the lobby and pool bar or make use of our meeting facilities, 24 hours room service, a full service spa, diverse sport facilities, a gift shop and others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Imperial Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Samui Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel Imperial Samui
- Imperial Samui Chaweng
- Imperial Samui Hotel
- Imperial Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand