“Fabulous beach, pools and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Imperial Samui Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Imperial Samui Beach Resort to your Saves list
Imperial Samui Beach Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   86 Moo 3 Chaweng Noi Beach | Bophut, Chaweng, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #13 of 61 hotels in Chaweng
Launceston
“Fabulous beach, pools and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The imperial samui is a lovely resort with great service, surrounds and amenities.
My friend and I stayed there for 5 nights in January and had nothing but good service.
Staff were great, spoke english well and were nothing but helpful. We had a small problem with a blocked toilet and this was fixed promptly.
We had a great view from our room but it was a bit of a hike from the beach and salt water pool,however very close to reception, breakfast and the fresh water pool. It just meant we had a dip in the fresh water pool on the way back to our room. However like others have said the resort is built on a hill so of course there are stairs.
Room was great air conditioner was noisy however in all resorts in Thailand I have found the same. Beds were firm but if you ask staff are happy to assist in making your stay more comfortable
Breakfast was good, lots of variety for all cultures and always plenty of fresh food.
Overall stay was good, pools amazing, always plenty of sunbeds to relax on either in the shade or the sun.

Only small issue was the bus that takes you to centre of Chaweng needs to be booked for a certain time coming back to the hotel, they dont just show up every hour. Found this slightly frustrating as I dont like having time limits on holiday. Over came this by seeing if the bus was there when we wanted to go home and paying when we got back to the hotel or catching a very cheap taxi home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

692 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have just returned from a two week holiday in Koh samui, the wife and I prefer to book into 4 star hotels rather than 5 as we like to really relax and wear shorts, etc... Without having dress up for dinner, so we hunted trip advisor for a good hotel and came up with this one.

Our honest opinion isn't too negative but felt that it could have been a lot better, firstly the beds are rock hard and can feel the metal springs through the mattress, terrible trouble sleeping, secondly we had what could have been a beautiful balcony over looking the gardens and the sea, and so desperately wanted to sit outside an listen to the see etc... Unfortunately the balcony was absolutely filthy and giant Spider webs everywhere, so the balcony was out of bounds.
No one speaks very good English so hard to explain these issues.
Aircon very very noisy.

Next came breakfast, adequate but no gold stars, staff nice, really nice and helpful, room service very good.
Dined at the Resturant twice, but found the food boring lacks any excitement and sometime not what as described on the menu,
funny thing is that we then started eating at a local thai beach bar restaurant to the right of the hotel and the food really nice with an extensive thai menu made with fresh spices coca nut milk etc... Their fresh Mango juices are great. And at a about 70% cheaper than the hotel, but this wasn't the point. Want a great restaurant? Go to "The Cliff" bit pricey, london prices but very nice indeed we went almost every night,
£1000.00 per week, Would I stay in this hotel again, EEERR NO!!!

Oh and there was a bowl of semi rotting fruit on the table when we arrived!! Yummy!

Room Tip: This isnt the worst hotel but i wouldn't bother, there really is a better hotels in the area, R...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
chch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had a great stay at this resort. Beach was a little rough for our little ones so we went to the sister hotel - Imperial boat house which the beach was flatter and it was great. Apparantly this time of yr the beach at Chaweng Noi is often a bit choppy. The pools are fantastic at this hotel - almost too warm!! Staff were awesome and a few good eating places within walking distance - Charming was prob the best though. The stairs didnt affect us - but I suggest trying to get a room near beach so you dont have far too walk. Also make sure you get a sea facing room - cos they arnt all like that.
Overall I would definatly come back to this hotel

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed 2 weeks - yes a lot of stairs but unless you have major knee issues they are good exercise.
Staff - freindly, helpful and always smiling - can't do enough for you. A strong point.
Rooms - had 2 adjoining rooms (3 kids) - ok they are a few years old but clean, good size and we had great views (premiere sea facing room). Lovely view to beach and lush vegetated hill. Rooms were more than ample.
Pool's - only used salt water pool which is effectively on the beach - fantastic and great trees providing shade.
Beach - great.
Breakfast - great location and good selection - lovely food.
Gardens - lush and with the ponds and fish a pleasure to walk thru.
Location - Brilliant - not to busy and great restaurants close by (2 minute walk) with Family Mart, Its about 3 km's into Chaweng and an easy walk. If you don't want to walk taxi is about 200TB. Best thing is the beach and surrounds are not too busy - if you want to walk out into shops and motor bikes then stay in Chewang.
Taxis - plenty of private taxis at the front gate (hotel guard will help you if you need it but its easy).
Overall - I will be back and would not stay anywhere else.
PS: in the afternoon walk up the beach (left as you go onto the beach behind the rocks) and walk up the bay (about 600 m) to the next rocks - there you will find the "Monkey Bar" on the beach and against the rocks - best place ever for a quite afternoon, evening or night time drink. Ask Lam, the owner, about Hulla Hulla night ! (Singha 90 TB)

Room Tip: Rooms 122 , 123 - great view
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have been a huge fan of this site for years to research my yearly holiday, and it has always been huge help, in this case it was spot on.
What a fantastic place, check in was very fast, room was very comfortable,( bed was a little firm but that was rectified on day 2), fantastic views (we stayed right up the top in 625).
The sea pool is just unbelievable, what a joy to just lay around and read a book, go for a swim every now and then, go for a walk along the beach and barter with the locals selling their products, (make sure you buy the spring rolls and corn on the cobb) they are both very tasty and cheap.
The ocean is safe to swim in and very refreshing, we are spoilt with great beaches where i come from and this one was just as great.
Breakfast was good, everything you could want is there, what was a surprise is the big beautiful chocolate fountain with marshmellows, fruit and beautiful fresh cream.

We hired a scooter from the hotel (didn't have to give them our passport) if your safe the scooter is a great way of getting around, there are so many idiots flying around you have to be aware of those around you.
We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant at all, we went down the road to Charming restaurant one the first night and loved it (and their cheap pricing so much) we ate there for 7 nights, Noi is the manager and a great bloke.
Take your washing to the lady next to the resort, she's a lovely lady and it was great to stop by on the way back to the resort and have a drink with her (she has a little bar there as well), don't worry, it's not dodgy, just a nice open air place to have a coke at the end of the day.
We drove all around the island and stopped along the way to explore.
We went to Top Cats fishing (about 10 minutes past the waterfalls), it was a great experience, both my wife and i caught big fish and had a good guide (jutz), i would recommend it to anyone, run by an english guy.
All in all, i loved the Imperial resort, i found the staff all very nice, polite and were always willing to assist you in any way.
I also witnessed plenty of very rude people who just grunt their way through their holiday, wave their hands at the staff and speak to them like they were bad children.
I wanted to belt their heads together, you get out of a holiday what you put in, if you want to be rude to the staff and whinge and complain about everything, then you deserve everything you get.
I will be going back to the resort same time (early Jan) next year and can't wait).

And for those people who complain about all the steps down to the pool, the resort is built on a hill, what did you expect !!!.

Room Tip: We had room 625, great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

When we arrived at the Imperial resort I was waiting in the back at the lobby waiting for the staff to have my room ready which was no hassle. While entering the room I found that the Timber floors are severly scratched and was in need of reseal when I entered the bath room to have a look I discovered above the bath tub that the ceiling had mould growing on it from the vapours from the water which meant that the bath room ceiling needed to be repainted.

I turned on the air-conditioner only to find that it was blowing hot air despite waiting a half hour for the compressor to start working so I demanded staff to put me into a different room which took an hour for staff to decide. When entering the different room I was allocated to I noticed that the timber flooring in this room as well needed to be resealed as well as the last one, I checked the bathroom to find that ceiling had no mould thankfully.

After a long afternoon I launched my self onto the bed and literally bounced right off, the matress was that hard I ended up having a rude awaking with a stiff neck from the bed. The house keeping is pathetic they cleaned the room when ever they felt like it and the minibar was never replenished I had to ring up reception in order for the maids to come up and clean my room.

Next morning I had issues with a families child because he kept knocking and running on my door (Eventually I caught him in the act) I called reception, she pretended not to understand me because she could not be bothered to deal with the issue so she hung up on me.

The only Pro about this place was the golf carts that took you down to restaurant and the beach and another Con about this resort is that you need to go down a number of stairs to get to the pool and beach.

On the day I was checking out from my five day stay I was waiting behind a family while they were checking out as well they were charged 950 Bht for the lot of them when they decieded to charge me 500 bht on me alone I paid the price just so I could get to the airport and get the hell out of ko samui.

Room Tip: You will find a good room at a different resort.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Haapsalu, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I read a review where a guest said the location of the hotel was quite bad. I couldnt disagree more. Chaweng Beach is the capitol of Samui and like most towns in Asia, its door-to-door
ships, massage parlors, restaurants. The hotel offers a bus to Chaweng Beach which is very
cheap. So are taxis. I never felt the location was bad. On the contrary, I liked that it was a
short ride out from the center.

As for the hotel itself, it has spectacular grounds. Its like living on an estate with elaborate grounds which are kept in immaculate shape. The hotel has two swimming pools, one with
fresh water, one with sea water. On this stretch of beach there are several other hotels and
my wife and I frequently took walks to see what we were missing. None of the hotels had anything every approaching the size of the Imperial's pools and they too, like the grounds, we
kept immaculately clear. The seawater pool is literally right on the beach so you can relax in
the pool and watch the waves rolling in. Beautiful.

Our room was very large and spacious. There were two large baths, one on the veranda that
fits two people. And after a day in the sunshine, we would take a hot bath and sip a cocktail.
The bathroom also had a tub and large enclosed shower. My wife and I and our two kids shared
this room and had plenty of space.

I thought the breakfast was most ample, great fruit, eggs, soup ( my favorite) dim sum. The hotel
restaurants were not gourmet but for lunch it was fine and convenient. For dinner, we always
went into Chaweng and had lobster or grilled fish at one of the dozen restaurants you have to
pick from.

The staff at the hotel was very professional. One of the things we love about Thailand is that it
seems the country is all about welcoming tourists and treating them with respect and service.
Koh Samui airport is small but highly efficient. You get in and out very quickly and our hotel had
a bus waiting for us and took us to the airport ( 10 minutes drive).

All in all, if I was going back to Samui I would certainly stay at the Imperial. Its a very good choice and good value for the money

Room Tip: Ask for a room thats halfway between recepion and the beach
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Imperial Samui Beach Resort? Share your experiences!