The Imperial Beach resort delivered everything apart from a real 5 star experience, after staying at the Banyan Tree in Bangkok, maybe my expectations are very high?
The positives hugely outnumber any negatives as this is a seriously good hotel next to a beach that has very comfortable bedrooms, huge bathrooms, 2 pools which are brilliant, 2 restaurants which we ate at (not bad), stunning beach, great and helpful service. Easy to get from A to B via their bus service. The breakfast is also great as it has a wide and varied food selection. The hotel also has a long but nice walk down to the beach.
For me though nothing was above or beyond, there is no gym here, wifi hardly ever worked, not suited for a disabled person as nothing is accessible as only steps around only ramps at the entrance, our room was next to a stinky drain, so had to cover gap at the bottom of door to top the smell coming in. The hotel does not look like a Thai resort, more a Greek or Med resort and could do with a spruce up!
More a 4 star deluxe hotel that is over priced, and slightly over rated compared to other 5 star hotels stayed at but still a good hotel that we enjoyed staying in and would recommend.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Samui Beach Hotel
- Imperial Samui Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Hotel Imperial Samui
- Imperial Samui Chaweng
- Imperial Samui
- Imperial Samui Hotel
- Imperial Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the charm of the hotel, nestled in the warm and white sands of the magnificent Chaweng Noi Beach, Koh Samui. The newly renovated and beautifully decorated rooms of the low-rise buildings are surrounded by our lush tropical garden and rise above the crystal blue water. It is a paradise hideaway where luxurious seclusion meets natural beauty. The Imperial Samui Beach Resort Koh Samui features a fresh water pool with its own Jacuzzi, a sea water pool facing the ocean, dining in the beach facing Tara Restaurant or under the stars. Relax on our poolside terrace, in the lobby and pool bar or make use of our meeting facilities, 24 hours room service, a full service spa, diverse sport facilities, a gift shop and others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Imperial Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.