I stayed for 2 weeks in the Amari and would recommend it to anyone.
Everything anout the resort is stunning- the staff treat you like royality, the swimming pools are lovely, the food is delicous (breakfast!). The location is perfect- on the quiet end of the strip but within walkable distance.
We were upgraded as it was our honeymoon and had a gorgeous room with balcony (all rooms have). The staff were so helpful and friendly and always available.
The resort is 'split' into two sections as it's one two sides of a public road but there's no noise and they have traffic wardens to stop traffic for you. Each side has a swimming pool- the one further from the beach is quieter but both are lovely and big.
The resort doesn't have huge grounds- you can't exactly go for a stroll around the grounds but it's right on the beachfront. The water direclty in front of the hotel is TOO shallow for swimming, you have to walk 5-10 mins down the beach to get to good swimming area.
You can buy grilled corn on cob, fresh pineapple, water, beer on the beach and bring it back onto the resort- the staff don't mind and it's a good way to save some money. Samui Seafood just down the road is lovely)
Every few nights there's a themed food night- thai buffet (recommended), steak night etc. There's loads of top notch restaurants in Koh Samui to eat out in but if you advail of Amari 'meal deal'- 3 meals in one of their restaurants for a fixed price you get 20% off all your food, drinks bill for your entire stay so I'd advise this.
The Spa is lovely but expensive (€40-50 for a massage) compared to massages along the beach (€4) or just down the road, in the 'outlet complex' (€8).
I'd recommed Amari Palm Reef to anyone- it's gorgeous, the staff are great and it's so peaceful.
Don't pre book a pick-up from the airport with your travel agent-you can get a taxi for about €6 and it's less than a 10 minute drive.
DON'T use the phone in your hotel room for international calls- it's €5 per minute to Ireland. Buy a call card from 7/11.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Amari Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand